Does the storm come with a screen protector? It looks like it has one, and its pretty scratched up after only 2 weeks, so I want to replace it.
    08-17-09 01:11 PM
    yes you can just be sure to get more. They are only like 8 bucks for a three pack.

*or you can be like me and put one on over the factory screen protector cause I didnt know it was even on there at first....
    08-17-09 01:17 PM
    I took mine off in November 2008, and haven't had another on since. Not a scratch on it.
    08-17-09 01:19 PM
    Nice, I've replaced mine almost every two weeks. I should get a holster, but then Id lose having a hard case on it if I dropped it, but the keys in my pocket dont play well with the screen protector.
    08-17-09 01:20 PM
    Nice, I've replaced mine almost every two weeks. I should get a holster, but then Id lose having a hard case on it if I dropped it, but the keys in my pocket dont play well with the screen protector.
    Get the OtterBox Defender case. Then you've got a protective case and a holster.
    08-17-09 01:23 PM
    guys its really true that whatever storm glass is made from will not scratch. There are tons of videos on youtube showing that. I've had mine since nov08 without one abd nit ine scratch. Just saying...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 01:26 PM
    Don't know what happened there but meant to say not 1 scratch

08-17-09 01:27 PM
    I believe that it wont scratch, but still I'm rough on mine. I bought the one from BestBuy because I didn't want to wait for shipping, it was $10, but does the job.
    08-17-09 01:29 PM
    Thanks guys. I am going to go out and buy a bunch of screen protectors. I thought that I couldn't remove the screen it came with, but it looks like the corner is peeling...
    08-17-09 01:30 PM
    I just run up to Verizon in the mall, they have them in a 3 pack for 7.99 or something. I was going to get the one at best buy that was a kit but it only contained one screen protector and I thought it was a rip...

I was looking at the otterbox, but am just waiting for a good enough time to shell out the cash for it. I have one of those snap on cases of plastic. I like it is raised so if I set it down it doesnt scratch.

About the screen being scratch proof or resistant, I dont want to take the chance of it getting knicked by my keys or something dumb and it turns out to be a few hundred to get replacement parts.
    08-17-09 01:35 PM
    I've had mine since Feb. and just recently the screen protector has started to peel off.
    08-17-09 01:37 PM
    I have one from Verizon I got 2 days after I got the Storm back in Dec. Slight peeling on the edges as of now but no scratches. Only used a case for about a month then went to just the screen protector. I throw this thing in with keys, lighters, you name it, all the time. No problems.
    08-17-09 03:18 PM
    I took mine off a few months back. No scratches. I tried to put one on but have up with all tke air pockets
    No problems since then. I like the screen better baled anyways

08-17-09 03:27 PM
    you can take off the protector. Mine just came off shortly after I purchased the phone and didn't replace it until 3 months ago without a scratch. I went with the InvisaShield to cover the whole phone.
    08-17-09 03:43 PM
    Have had mine since Dec. I was also so concerned with keeping the screen nice so I had screen protectors on it until about 3 months ago. I no longer use them what so ever. I'm a college student who isn't too nice to my phone and there is not one little scratch on it.

There is a youtube video out there with a guy who takes his keys and a knife to the screen to show that it's impossible to scratch. Doing a search you should find it.

I even remember someone on CB here saying that they dropped their Storm out of a moving car, and it landed on the screen and slid acoss the road. It still didn't scratch.

Also, the screen is amazingly much more responsive without a screen protector on it, just try it.

There is no reason to waste money on screen protectors, you could get a bunch of cool apps for what you pay for screen protectors.
    08-17-09 04:01 PM
    Seido innocase and holster. Hard case, holster, mmm mmm good.

It is a glass screen, it is harder to scratch than any screen protector. You're just wasting money.
    08-17-09 06:09 PM
    Had my phone since jan and the screen protecter that came with it made it about 2 eeeks with me.I scrub pretty good and need my screen to be spotless so I went to best buy and bought an invisishield said on box lifetime guarantee not to scratch.the guy told me take my time and follow instructions to the t so I did and still have the ame shield on today with no scratches on it.you really can scrub away on it and won't scratch.would love to go with bare screen but scared.if you insist on having screen protector there alittle pricy but you won't ever have to put another one on

08-17-09 08:03 PM
    Got my Storm 11/21 - opening day. The screen protector has been off since 11/28. No scratches. You will clean it more, but it is real glass!
    08-17-09 09:19 PM
    the screen will NOT scratch! unless maybe if you use a razor lol...and plus it looks alot better because you can see the cool dots on it
    08-17-09 10:05 PM
    My screen has scratched! If any amount of dirt with silica in it (I.e. Desert dirt, sand, certain broken down rocks) it will scratch! I even went on to say w/e and left it in my pocket with keys since a replacement was coming....... IT DOES SCRATCH! Not horribly, but just enough to throw the pixels off (you can see the different colors in the screen). Don't be the person that says, "oh, I'm never around that stuff or I only put it in my microfiber pouch!" even dirt blown in a slight gust of wind can make its way into your pocket and muff your storm up! Be safe and cover your babies!

08-18-09 12:10 AM
    i love invisishield :]
    08-18-09 12:12 AM
    Or you could put your keys in your other pocket? My phones go into a pocket all by themselves.
    08-18-09 02:11 AM

It will scratch and it will break lol

08-18-09 07:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD