Hi all,

I recently jumped ship to the BB from my Sony Ericsson, with my trusty SE i had a headset, with mic and the ability to swap, play/pause songs. This worked great for my daily commute.

However, with the BB this has not been possible as my normal 3.5mm headphones don't have a mic.

So i started searching for a new pair and I found Ultimate Ears Metro.Fi 100vi Earphones 17.99 these seem to look quite nice, and they are iphone compatible, however I am not sure if they will work with my BB (8320 curve).

I was wondering does anyone use these, and if you could give me a quick insight into how these are for daily use.

Failing that, could anyone please provide me with a link to a store supplying a set of in ear headset with a mic that work on the BB. It would be great if they also had a means of swapping tracks without taking the BB out of my pocket, but I really want the mic more than anything at this point.

Many thanks!
    04-16-09 10:17 AM
    Ok, well, you couldn't just go to the "store" tab from the main page. Or even clicked on the "accessories" button from the forums.

Here's the page w/ Stereo Headsets for the 8320. You can look at them and figure out which have Mic's and which don't

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberry-curve-8320-stereo-headsets.htm

Try E-Bay, do a Google search.

Not meant do be a d*ck, but as i can see this is your first post....just a head's up... show some effort, or you'll be attacked by people telling you that yer stupid for not doing a search on your own.

Welcome to the CB community
    04-16-09 10:42 AM
    Well thank you for the reply i guess...

Anyways, if you read my post the question was actually whether the specific headset which I had found would work with the curve. I am aware that any 3.5mm would work, but I am more curious to find out if the mic actually works.

And my end paragraph simply stated that failing to gain any info on the above headset if anyone had any recommendations.

Also I did look in the store on this site, but many of the products available do not suit my needs (the adapters for instance), and the headsets which I do like the look of are quite highly priced (also in $ so I figured the shop must be in America) as I am in the UK i figured I'd search local shops as opposed to what to me seems like an international shop, and also for a product in my price range, hence my question detailing the specific headset I found.

I couldn't post a link to my selected headphones due to being a new member, so it is understandable, and I guess I should have made a mention of looking at the store already. But by skimming a post can mean some of the intention is lost...
    04-16-09 10:53 AM
    Hi all,

I recently jumped ship to the BB from my Sony Ericsson, with my trusty SE i had a headset, with mic and the ability to swap, play/pause songs. This worked great for my daily commute.

However, with the BB this has not been possible as my normal 3.5mm headphones don't have a mic.

So i started searching for a new pair and I found Ultimate Ears Metro.Fi 100vi Earphones 17.99 these seem to look quite nice, and they are iphone compatible, however I am not sure if they will work with my BB (8320 curve).

I was wondering does anyone use these, and if you could give me a quick insight into how these are for daily use.

Failing that, could anyone please provide me with a link to a store supplying a set of in ear headset with a mic that work on the BB. It would be great if they also had a means of swapping tracks without taking the BB out of my pocket, but I really want the mic more than anything at this point.

Many thanks!
    Honestly...Google is your best bet. Not so much to keep you from getting slammed, but to get the info you need...quicker. However, V-moda Vibe II's have a mic. They work for BBs.
    04-16-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD