I'm looking for a mount that is short, and one that can be mounted on the dashboard rather than on the windshield.
    Thank you in advance for any recommendations that you may have.
    04-02-09 05:49 PM
    This is the one I have. Not exactly what your looking for but quite handy.

http://shop.crackberry.com/igrip-uni...medium=content

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 06:52 PM
    Thank you.
    04-02-09 07:49 PM
    I would look into Pro Clip. They are a bit on the expensive side but they are absolutely the BEST mounts around.

ProClip Mounting System - Choose Your Country
    04-02-09 07:58 PM
    I have a Pro-Clip for my beemer and it's the best. Actually am using the one I ordered for the Storm but when I went back to the Curve it fits in fine...just a tad loose.
    04-02-09 08:03 PM
    Thank you both. I'll take a look.
    04-02-09 08:43 PM
    I had a windshield mount with the 4 prong Richter system on it so i just purchased the Proclip vehicle mount and it works awesome. Especially since I can switch devices and not have to buy a separate device holder.
    04-02-09 08:47 PM
    $55 for both pieces from that website. A little pricey, but from what I read and saw it looks like a winning combo.
    Do you guys use a silicone BB skin like I do? Any issues with the Curve fitting in the holder even with the skin? Thanks again.
    04-02-09 08:52 PM
    Go to Best Buy and look in the car stereo dept. for the mounting systems for GPS devices. They have the most sturdy brand I have ever seen and they come in suction cup, cupholder and air vent style mounting systems. The brackets adjust in so many different ways you can hold anything from a Nano to the largest Garmin out there. Sturdy cushioning, adjustable neck, just the best thing out there. Around 35 bucks. Mine is mounted to my windshield 2inches to the right of my forward view so I never have to take eyes off the road and I plug my phone directly into the accessory plug on my dash. While listening to music thru speakers if a call comes in I just hit SEND and their voices come out of the stereo spkrs while music pauses. END call and music resumes. Very safe, very practical. Good luck!
    04-03-09 11:28 AM
    $55 for both pieces from that website. A little pricey, but from what I read and saw it looks like a winning combo.
    Do you guys use a silicone BB skin like I do? Any issues with the Curve fitting in the holder even with the skin? Thanks again.
    With the Pro-Clip, the silicone case will hinder you from putting it in. Pro-Clip is made to the exact dimensions of the phone. The only reason I can put my curve with the silicone skin is because the holder was for the Storm and is a little bigger. $55 is cheap. Remember, you have to get the mount and the holder. The mount is made specifically for your car and the holder specifically for your phone. No other holder can compare to the Pro-Clip...IMO.
    04-03-09 11:47 AM
    Thanks for this info... I use my phone as my GPS navigation (with TeleNav): I'd love a good mount.
    04-03-09 01:55 PM
    I have used the Seidio mount for my curve - it's nice because it charges the curve using the back charging spots, so you don't have to plug a usb cable into it. Also, allows for easy plug in of the audio jack to listen to music, GPS, Calls via car stereo. I now use the Bury mount for my Storm.
    04-03-09 02:09 PM
    Thanks for this info... I use my phone as my GPS navigation (with TeleNav): I'd love a good mount.
    Better be careful where you say that, lest you get mounted!

04-03-09 02:32 PM
    friend088 ...ProClip is the way to go, a little pricey but you don't have to replace the whole mount for each phone you get. They do sell a adjustable clip for those who put skins on them but I haven't tried one yet.
    04-03-09 04:55 PM
    I have a Pro-Clip for my beemer and it's the best. Actually am using the one I ordered for the Storm but when I went back to the Curve it fits in fine...just a tad loose.
    I looked into Pro-Clip because you said you had one for your beemer, and I have a beemer too. I have a Curve 8330 with the extended battery cover, and it fits perfectly!!

Love it, love it. Looks like it 'belongs' in a BMW, and was a snap to install into the vent. Could not be happier with it. Thanks for the tip!
    04-19-09 11:51 AM
    For those who use a vent mount don't you worry about warm air blowing on your phone?

04-19-09 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD