Never mind... apparently this is illegal... do not attempt!
    Last edited by tbrakef; 12-15-08 at 08:15 PM.
    12-15-08 07:42 PM
    Would it be possible to make a template from someones BSE or PhantomSkinz and email it to me so I can print it and make my own? That would be great, I have the materials but it would be wonderful if it would fit perfect!
    tbrake,

This is our corporate position, so PLEASE do not shoot the messenger.

All of our patterns, including those of our competitors, are copyrighted and are the exclusive property of their respective designers and the company(s) that they work for. We have invested lots of time and money into the development of these patterns.

This is a legal issue that you would certainly want to ask an attorney about before copying a pattern.

It is a good question though and I appreciate the opportunity to give our position.

guru
    12-15-08 08:07 PM
    if you were to find a friend that has a uninstalled skin, i'm sure you can copy the pattern for personal use. I dont see how you could get in trouble doing that. unless you started to advertise and sell your product with their pattern.
    12-15-08 08:26 PM
    i saw somewhere on here where this dude made his own skin cant find the link though i bet if you hit him up he would give u the template
    12-15-08 09:33 PM
    if you were to find a friend that has a uninstalled skin, i'm sure you can copy the pattern for personal use. I dont see how you could get in trouble doing that. unless you started to advertise and sell your product with their pattern.
    you could technically still get in trouble..

if your friend brings over a cd and you copy it..

for "personal use"

thats illegal.. I don't think that would be any different.
    12-15-08 09:42 PM

for "personal use"

not in Canada.
    12-15-08 09:52 PM

for "personal use"

Oh I'm not saying it will be legal. I just don't see how you could get into trouble (no criminal here) if its for personal use.
    12-15-08 11:11 PM
    Just copy a skin that your friend has or buy one, scan it in and then return it.

BSE or PhantomSkinz cant do **** and wont if you do this. They will never be able to prove anything and would never waste time trying to prosecute. Its not worth it for them. All these templates are so similar its not even funny. Just take theirs, enlarge it a bit, because they seem to be a little to small, and change something here or there to make how you want your skin to fit.
    12-15-08 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD