Hi, I've just upgraded to a Curve 8520 and very impressed . However, I have a problem with the sync/charger cable. Initially it would charge but now it will only sync. I've tried it in various USB ports to no avail. Has it just gone bad? The phone will charge using the wallplug.
    02-24-10 03:50 AM
    Hi, I've just upgraded to a Curve 8520 and very impressed . However, I have a problem with the sync/charger cable. Initially it would charge but now it will only sync. I've tried it in various USB ports to no avail. Has it just gone bad? The phone will charge using the wallplug.
    interesting...mine will charge, but its a LOT slower than the wall charger. maybe you have a bad cable?
    02-24-10 10:02 AM
    Try the cable on a different computer and see if it will charge on a different system. Also visually check the pins in the cable connectors for bent pins.

Since the wall charger works, another possibility is the USB ports you are connecting to. If you are plugging directly into your computer it should work, however if you are plugging into a USB hub you need to make sure the hub is a powered type for charging (has a wall wart power adapter plugged into it and a wall outlet). If powered, check the power connections at each end.
    02-24-10 01:21 PM
    The wall charger outputs 5V--700mA... USB port outputs 5V--500mA and takes a lot longer to charge your battery than the wall charger.
    Your PC might be putting an even lower voltage and the phone might be rejecting the charge to protect itself or your not giving it enough time to charge.

Are you getting the charging icon on your phone when plugged to the USB pot?
    02-24-10 09:22 PM
    It sounds like the port on your phone needs replacement. We fix them through our ebay repair listings for $44.95. Just type "blackberry charge port repair" for your ebay search and look for the listings with "PORT REPAIR" around a charge port in big red writing. Our ebay username is "its-a-pheo" We have fixed hundreds of them and complete the fix the day we receive the phone from you. Feel free to email me with any questions at all... blackberryrepairshop@gmail.com
    06-10-10 01:56 AM
    If the phone is charging from the wall, I really don't think it needs to be raplaced...
    06-10-10 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD