10-09-09 11:25 AM
29 12
tools
    I saw a discussion that there was a cord available that would allow me to plug my storm in through my car stereo and listen that way. I have checked the shop here but none of them look like they do what I'm looking for. If you know which one it is, please give me as much details as possible (is a link asking for too much) so I can find it easy. I've been lost in these forums for days!
    09-27-09 12:30 AM
    Well it depends if your car stero has an auxillary port. If it does all u need is a plain simple 3.5 to 3.5 aux cable just go to radio shack and they can help u out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 12:34 AM
    The easiest way would be one of those tape adapters that have a cord with 3.5mm jack at the end of it. Or if you have a aux jack in your car you can just use a patch cord with male jacks at both ends.

09-27-09 12:37 AM
    What's the stereo you have in your car? Make and model would make it easiest to help you.
    09-27-09 01:14 AM
    its also kinda cool to hook into the aux port while driving to talk on phone and hear the convo over your speakers. . .of course recent OS's have kinda screwed that up.

http://www.long-mcquade.com/files/1366/lg_PC-xxS1.jpg
    09-27-09 01:29 AM
    You could use a rf modulator. I use this to play music in the car.
    Walmart for around 20$ tune your radio to a certain station and presto.

09-27-09 01:44 AM
    Ya but with the rf switch you lose sound quality. Bluetooth or cable is the way to go.

09-27-09 03:23 AM
    I use it all the time and it sounds good to me.
    Course, I'm not too picky.

09-27-09 03:25 AM
    I use 3,5 to 3,5. And love it

09-27-09 09:02 AM
    Like others mentioned, if you have an AUX input that is the best way!

i got mine at Wal-Mart. i think i got the one for an iPod. i also use it in my car via the aux in port.

Can probably also find at Radio Shack, Best Buy, Amazon.com.

09-27-09 09:29 AM
    Ya the 3.5 to 3.5 is getting to be very popular. Especially since most newer cars are coming out with OEM Aux ports built into the dash somewhere.
    09-27-09 01:41 PM
    Ya the 3.5 to 3.5 is getting to be very popular. Especially since most newer cars are coming out with OEM Aux ports built into the dash somewhere.
    I'm lucky enough to have a car with a 3.5mm Aux port and it works great for music and podcast But... Having a cable plugged into the BB's headphone jack causes problems making outgoing call via bluetooth headset. It works fine for incoming calls, but when attempting to place a call the music mutes and the phone dials but you cannot hear anything because the BB thinks the phone's auto is supposed to go out the headphone jack.

Anyone know a work-around?

Thanks
    09-28-09 06:41 PM
    I'm lucky enough to have a car with a 3.5mm Aux port and it works great for music and podcast But... Having a cable plugged into the BB's headphone jack causes problems making outgoing call via bluetooth headset. It works fine for incoming calls, but when attempting to place a call the music mutes and the phone dials but you cannot hear anything because the BB thinks the phone's auto is supposed to go out the headphone jack.

Anyone know a work-around?

Thanks
    Unplug the aux jack before making a blue tooth call...

09-28-09 06:57 PM
    Thanks for the input. I've tried the tape deck adapter. Didn't work. I have a BMW 330i and I've asked around at work and looked online. Of course, like everything associated with this car, it's not simple. No Aux input or at least, not easily accessible. Car is 2001. Would have to take it in and have the wiring done. I'll try a newer tape adapter or an fm tuner. See how those work. Thanks again!
    09-29-09 01:09 AM
    Walmart.....
    09-29-09 01:11 AM
    fm transmitter easily purchased in best buy or anyplace that sells electronics. head towards the iphone or ipod section i got mine for $60 and it works on any frequency you set your car sterio to. ( as long as you dont use the most popular one. i have my station set to 107.9 and it works flawlessly. best part is if im riding in a friends car i just unplug from lighter outlet and plug in my friends car. enjoy.
    09-29-09 12:16 PM
    CJ,
    DO you know how to play music through a car stereo through Bluetooth? I have an 05 audi with no aux jack. The BB works great as a phone through the car stereo but doesn't do anything when I play a music file.

THANKS
    09-29-09 02:43 PM
    I've got a couple different setups I use:

3.5MM on both ends where I have an AUX input
    3.5MM -> Coax (Red/White) for stereo inputs (car/home audio receivers)

Then, just make sure you're set to the AUX or INPUT1 or whatever and PRESTO... cached SLACKER RADIO anywhere......
    09-29-09 03:10 PM
    I've got a couple different setups I use:

3.5MM on both ends where I have an AUX input
    3.5MM -> Coax (Red/White) for stereo inputs (car/home audio receivers)

Then, just make sure you're set to the AUX or INPUT1 or whatever and PRESTO... cached SLACKER RADIO anywhere......

you mean RCA??
    09-29-09 04:31 PM
    I Bought A Bluetooth Fm Transmitter (motorola) At Verizon Store. You Set Up Your Bluetooth Settings And The Transmitter Tells You What Best Station To Tune To And You Can Listen To Your Music Files And Even Talk On The Phone Through Your Car Speakers. It Works Really Well. If You Would Start To Get Fuzzy Reception You Push A Button On It And It Will Give You An Alternate Station. Phone Call Will Pause Your Music And Announce Through The Speakers The Telephone Number Calling You.
    09-29-09 06:18 PM
    ikea.........
    09-29-09 07:53 PM
    CJ,
    DO you know how to play music through a car stereo through Bluetooth? I have an 05 audi with no aux jack. The BB works great as a phone through the car stereo but doesn't do anything when I play a music file.

THANKS
    From what I know unless the car is set up to stream music through it's bluetooth connection it won't. It will only recognize incoming and outgoing calls. What model of Audi is it?
    09-30-09 12:09 AM
    i use the RCA/3.5 cable on a pioneer deck. I use the music player more than anything on my phone.
    09-30-09 02:03 AM
    Thanks for the input. I've tried the tape deck adapter. Didn't work. I have a BMW 330i and I've asked around at work and looked online. Of course, like everything associated with this car, it's not simple. No Aux input or at least, not easily accessible. Car is 2001. Would have to take it in and have the wiring done. I'll try a newer tape adapter or an fm tuner. See how those work. Thanks again!
    The tape adapter is what I use (04 Grand Cherokee), and it works better than the fm tuner... WAY better...
    09-30-09 04:48 AM
    If you have a newer car stereo that has USB connection, you can use your USB cable. Make sure the mass storage option is enabled on the phone and when you plug it in, it'll read your Blackberry the same as a USB adapter with a mini SD card in it. It also charges the phone (at least my Storm SHOWS it's charging). I'm able then able to use the car stereo controls rather than having to look at my phone to control what I listen to.
    09-30-09 06:18 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD