Has anyone had a good experience buying from ebay, more so on the battery side? When i compare the items on ebay vs official stores (like CB), they seem identical, but it can't at those prices, right?

one example:

Smartphone Experts hard case on CB for 14.95

vs

Clear Hard Shell Case For BlackBerry Tour 9630 Niagara for 7.99 free shipping
    08-05-09 06:44 AM
    If you notice, the picture on the ebay item, the left phone is a Tour, but the one actually in the case is a Bold. I've bought from ebay and had success, but that doesn't mean you can't get screwed over.

I personally like buying the actual BlackBerry branded accessories, as they seem much more form fitting. What I have found from products bought on ebay, is the accessories are more like the cases you will find on one of those mall Kiosks where they have cases for EVERY phone.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. But it's a sure shot with CB.
    08-05-09 08:29 AM
    I've bought from eBay before and had very good luck with the exception of one purchase. It included two batteries and a bunch of other accessories for an OQO UMPC (Very mini laptop like the size of a 3"x5" index card). I asked the seller if both batteries charged to 100% and showed it, since they had a push-button LED display for it. He said yes, I purchased it for $1700.00, but when I got it, one battery didn't charge at all. SO I went through PayPal for my money back and the seller tried to fight it, two days later, PayPal said, "You won Grafixx, ship his stuff back and you'll get the money back."

About three weeks later, he posted the same item and distinctly in bold red words said, "The battery DOES NOT work but I'm including it anyway." It sold for like $700.00 in stead of $1700.00!
    08-05-09 08:47 AM
    I think you're safest buying items from the CB store, or seeing what your carrier offers for your device in-store or on their website.
    08-05-09 08:50 AM
    Yea, i think the fact that I haven't already purchased them from ebay means id rather be safe than sorry
    08-05-09 09:16 AM
    As others have said, ebay is hit-or-miss. I've done lots of buying there over the years, but when in doubt, I stick with reputable stores.

BTW, the Tour battery is very cheap on Amazon right now. Amazon.com: BlackBerry D-X1 Battery for BlackBerry Storm 9530 [Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Service
    08-05-09 09:36 AM
    As others have said, ebay is hit-or-miss. I've done lots of buying there over the years, but when in doubt, I stick with reputable stores.

BTW, the Tour battery is very cheap on Amazon right now. Amazon.com: BlackBerry D-X1 Battery for BlackBerry Storm 9530 [Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Service
    nice links btw. Yea, i usually use ebay for other things, not something that protects my phone. i got the OEM silicon case and hate it, luckily it cost $1 from best buy. I dont know if i want to wait for the seidio or just get the clear snap case now
    08-05-09 09:41 AM
    I got an extra battery for my Tour for $6.50 that included shipping. It seems to be doing ok, but if for some reason it quits i'm only out $6.50. I think I will get my moneys worth out of it.
    08-05-09 11:01 AM
    i have bought many things from this guy on ebay eBay Store - TalkAccessories: Cases and Holsters, Holsters Cases, Blackberry Bold

everything has been as described and shipped pretty fast
    08-05-09 11:04 AM
    I did actually end up buying the clear hard case. Found a link for it for $4.95 off of ebay. I figured if I got it for $9 cheaper and doesn't work...I'm not out that much.
    08-05-09 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD