I've just purchased the Tour 9630 and want to buy some basic accessories. I want them to be actual BlackBerry branded (or BlackBerry-made) items or at least 100% dependable as having identical specs since these are electronic charging-related items and I don't want to deviate from factory specs.

Three items I'm looking at are available at CrackBerry.com and show the BB logo on the images:

- extra battery (standard specs for this phone)

- charging case for extra battery (standard specs for the above battery)

- travel charger with folding blades (standard micro USB)

I'm guessing that if I buy these items from CrackBerry.com I'm probably getting BB-made and should be fine there.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    07-24-09 02:11 AM
    If the name starts with BlackBerry, it will most likely be BlackBerry branded and made. Below is an example of the battery and travel charger. I could not find a charging case as that didn't come up.

07-24-09 02:18 AM
    Yes. Thanks. I went back after I did my original post ("duh") and noticed in the main description box that each item's description clearly states: "Manufacturer: BlackBerry."

CB part numbers (sorry I can't provide hot links but the forum doesn't let me enter hot links until I do seven or eight more posts):

A4242 (battery)
    A4270 (battery charging case)
    A4202 (travel charger -- out of stock for two weeks?!?)

Thanks again!
    07-24-09 02:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD