Recently I purchased some items from an airport wireless store in Charlotte NC (Motorola S9, Seidio clear hardcase w/ holster and a Seidio screen protector). First I know I can shop and spend my money where ever I want to. But why are things in this store so friggin expensive, rhetorical, I know why. I tried to return these items and have been given the run around. I am currently dealing witht them to get the matter cleared up. Any one else have some similar experiences?
    08-15-08 11:12 AM
    I work for a store that is only in Airports across the country, our prices are not marked up at all and customer service is very good.

What store did you purchase from if you don't mind me asking.
    08-15-08 11:24 AM
    Airport Wireless, bought them in NC tried to return them in TX, supposedly all will be returned except the screen protector since it was "used" I couldnt return it but the one in TX did exchange it for me and put the new one on. apparently it takes some form of ninjitsu or being a jedi to place these things on properly.
    08-15-08 12:36 PM
    Haha, yeah. I work for InMotion Entertainment. Should have gone there! LOL
    08-15-08 01:32 PM
    there wasnt one o those in charlotte, i have a hard time finding headphones though. i shouldve just used cb.com's store much cheaper prices
    08-15-08 02:56 PM
    there wasnt one o those in charlotte, i have a hard time finding headphones though. i shouldve just used cb.com's store much cheaper prices
    Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart........a Mall? None of those exist where you're at?
    08-15-08 02:58 PM
    Back when I got my first BlackBerry, a Pearl, I had to start jury duty the next day and T-Mo didn't have the form fit cases out yet. I wanted to get some sort of protective case and screen protector in case I dropped the phone and who knew how long I'd be stuck in JD.

So I went driving around to one of those mall kiosks and they tried to sell me a hard plastic case made for the Treo (not even close to form-fitting) so I ran as fast as I could away from there and went to another mall who had those hard plastic snap-together cases (similar to the Seidio style but not even close in quality) made to fit the Pearl. I also wanted a screen shield of some sort since the keys and screen were uncovered. The screen protector had rto be cut to size and the "jedi" salesguy cut it for me and said that he cut enough for two screens. He then put the phone and screen protector into the case and then I paid $35 plus tax for the trouble.

WTF? $20 for a cheap, hard plastic case (the ones you can get on ebay for $2.99) and $15 for a cut-it-yourself screen protector? Well, I had no choice since I needed all that stuff for the next day and couldn't order online. To top it off, the guy only put the one screen protector in the case instead of including the spare AND he didn't attach it onto the screen itself! It was just sort of being held in place by the snap-on case.

As for airport kiosks, they know that most people who buy at the airports are usually traveling through and/or in a rush (like I was) and have limited choices as to where to get stuff in a hurry.

So, the answer to why they charge so dang much at those kiosks is because THEY CAN!
    Last edited by PCgirl; 08-15-08 at 07:15 PM.
    08-15-08 07:08 PM
    [QUOTE=ScandaLeX;613995]Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart........a Mall? None of those exist where you're at? [/QUOTE

I was in an airport, you must be confused because you are a $print customer. Is ok if you dont know any better.
    08-16-08 01:33 AM
    Hey now no bashing on us sprint people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 02:47 AM
    [QUOTE=thomiegun;615783]
    Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart........a Mall? None of those exist where you're at? [/QUOTE

I was in an airport, you must be confused because you are a $print customer. Is ok if you dont know any better.
    L
    M
    A
    O
    !
    !
    !
    08-16-08 03:26 AM
    The force is weak with this one...
    08-16-08 03:43 AM
    I guess its always good to shop around for stuff knowing how one gets ripped off from some stores. Google is your friend
    08-16-08 04:33 AM
    You mean to tell me the airport... isn't the cheapest place to buy my gadget accessories?
    08-16-08 05:20 AM
    Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart........a Mall? None of those exist where you're at?
    Confused? Was this your feeble attempt at humor? Cause I'll tell you what I find hilarious since you want to make people laugh is that its so difficult for you to get headphones that the only place you could get any that work for you was a store in an airport - the same headphones that can be gotten anywhere locally.

It doesnt take being a Sprint customer to figure out you bought that stuff on impulse now just want to return it; it has nothing to do with it being difficult for you to get headphones.

*POOF*
    08-16-08 05:35 AM
    Is ok? Is that English?

And you have no business bashing anyone when you shop for accessories at an airport. Surprised you didn't order it from the sky mall magazine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 11:02 AM
    one lil crack @ -$print and y'all get **** hurt. Not impulsive I've been researching the S9 quite a bit. Saw them in the store and thought hmm I've got a lil time to spend so I'll check em out. So from NC to TX they did not quite suit my needs and the case w/ holster was not as functional as I would have liked. The S9 had very good music quality, except for the skipping at times, but for calls the clarity was just not there and they felt like a tight stethoscope.
    08-16-08 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD