Hello Everyone,
    This is my first post and wouldn't you know it...I do have a problem. I have the first generation Storm and it has worked fine for about 8 months. A few days ago, I noticed that the on-screen buttons had suddenly stopped working. Sometimes they do work, but they don't work at all with the soft black rubber case installed. I still keep the phone in the rubber case for protection, but if it rings or I need to check my email, I am forced to remove the rubber case. I just can't figure out the connection. Does anyone here have any ideas?

Right before the manifestation of the problem, I was working outside and the phone was in my sweaty shirt pocket. I am wondering if some sweat got beneath the screen.
    Thanks,
    Alton
    07-26-10 03:57 PM
    Maybe some did beneath the case, check and clean anyway

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 02:53 AM
    Apparently, the rubber case serves as a conductor from the 7 metallic contacts on the exterior of the battery cover. So, there appeared to be a open circuit between the 7 contacts to the rubber case.

I took the rubber case off and cleaned it with soap and water. Dried it and now the buttons work with the rubber case installed. I still have problems with some of the outside buttons, but things are much better.
    07-27-10 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD