i'm installing the BSE screen protector as we speak. allow me to give you the run-down so far.
    i've been following the directions on the site with much accuracy. i made a soapy solution, took out my battery, and thoroughly cleaned my screen and hands. the solution sat for about 10 minutes so most of the bubbles could disperse. then i dipped the screen protector in, shook off the excess, gave my screen one last wipe down and applied.
    it went on much easier than expected. i spent a couple minutes arranging and re-arranging to get it as perfect as i could. then i started pushing the bubbles out (using a piece of cardboard that came with a Nintendo DS screen protector made just for this purpose, not that it matters).
    now it's on, but the small flaps that wrap around towards the sides of the BB won't stay down. so right now i'm waiting for it to dry out a little so i can wrap those bits around.
    i gotta say, so far it looks good. my only complaint as of now is that i have to find a different alarm to use to wake up tomorrow morning...
    i'll post replies as i make more progress.

-randy
    09-09-08 12:20 AM
    Ya they're pretty easy to apply. I've never had an issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 12:23 AM
    And I would not worry about using your berry as an alarm for tomorrow morning!! I used my berry within a half hour after installing the BSE... and it turned out great

09-09-08 12:37 AM
    yeah...it's about 15-20 minutes later. the side tabs still aren't quite dry enough to stick, but i can see that once i got the whole thing on, it should be ready to go in under an hour.
    i don't think i'd do this in the morning though. then i'd spend the day slipping it in and out of a holster and possibly altering the alignment. that's why i'm doing it now...right before i go to bed. that way, even if i put the battery back and turn it on and everything, it still has a full night of uninterrupted drying time before i start manhandling that baby in the AM.

-randy
    09-09-08 12:40 AM
    Ya I never let mine sit for 24 hrs lol. That's just not possible

09-09-08 12:40 AM
    it's now completely on. it took a while for the edges to finally stay seated, but i think it's good to go.
    first impression: it looks awesome. nearly flawless appearance. other than being able to see the edges, i don't think you'd be able to tell that there's a screen protector there. i've never had such a positive, bubble-free, dust-free screen protector experience in my life, and i've used a lot of screen protectors (cameras, phones, PDA's, Nintendo DS, PSP, more PDA's...)
    i am impressed. i'll post again in the morning after it's been setting up all night.

-randy
    09-09-08 01:02 AM
    I feel the same way!! The BSE has a nearly perfect installation that leaves your screen bubble-free and nearly like it was without the screen protector

09-09-08 01:10 AM
    after about an hour i replaced the battery. it looks great. it may be a little noticeable, but that also might be because i know it's there. stupid biased brain...
    regardless, so far i love it. can't wait till my seidio hybrid case gets here...

-randy
    09-09-08 01:58 AM
    end of day 1:
    this thing is great. i barely notice it's there, save for the edges that my hand rubs against now and then. the image is crystal clear and i only notice the weird "orange peel" appearance if i'm looking for it and it catches the right light. smears and smudges wipe off with the greatest of ease.

-randy
    09-09-08 09:03 PM
    end of day 1:
    this thing is great. i barely notice it's there, save for the edges that my hand rubs against now and then. the image is crystal clear and i only notice the weird "orange peel" appearance if i'm looking for it and it catches the right light. smears and smudges wipe off with the greatest of ease.

-randy
    Get a skin and you wont feel or see the edges.
    09-09-08 09:17 PM
    Get a skin and you wont feel or see the edges.
    yeah, i'm awaiting the arrival of my seidio hybrid. should be here in a day or so...

-randy
    09-10-08 12:48 AM
    Good Info TY!
    09-10-08 01:47 PM
    I also love BSE! I agree, the installation process is really easy once you get over the fear of using water, which turns out to be no big deal at all. The best part is my screen now looks perfect again. My BSE actually hid the tiny scratch that was already on my screen!
    09-10-08 07:32 PM
    Thanks for your your comments everyone.
    I just bought the screen protector from BSE. Can't wait to ditch the Verizon privacy screen!
    09-17-08 02:21 PM
    where can i buy a bse screen protector and which case do you all recommend
    09-25-08 11:35 AM
    where can i buy a bse screen protector and which case do you all recommend

Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page
    09-25-08 12:27 PM
    I bought my BSE from their website. For a case I was using a seidio hybrid case. Great case but you can't take it on and off. Once you take it off once or twice the clips start to loosen. I went back to a naked 'berry with the screen protector. With a belt pouch of course.
    -randy

09-25-08 01:43 PM
    ^why would you want to take the hybrid case on and off so repeatedly?

i was thinking about this setup (BSE + hybrid) for my 9000, but your comment defers me....
    12-13-08 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD