HI,

I purchased a BSE for my Curve 8330 and put it on about a month and a half ago. No problems...it looked great. No bubbles. No issues. Until now. A few weeks ago I started to notice faint lines underneath the skin for the battery cover...they look like four brown lines that extend vertically from the top to the bottom of the phone. They are more pronounced now and unsightly to say the least. Also, there appears to be some "brown" substance underneath the skins for the front of the phone...mostly at the corners. I pulled up two of the corners and it looks like glue or some other sticky substance. Again...this makes my pretty phone look not so cute

Has anyone else had this problem? Can I get a replacement from BSE? BTW..I carry it in the original case that Verizon gave me.
    03-07-09 11:28 AM
    Just curious did you use filtered water ot tap?

If it was tap it's what is left after all the water is gone and the brown in the stuff normally in the water.

I use bottled or filter(brita) and it seems to be fine, I have had a BSE on for a while on my devices and no problems.
    03-08-09 11:31 PM
    Just curious did you use filtered water ot tap?

If it was tap it's what is left after all the water is gone and the brown in the stuff normally in the water.

I use bottled or filter(brita) and it seems to be fine, I have had a BSE on for a while on my devices and no problems.
    I used tap water This could be the problem. I will order another one...I like the BSE except for this issue. Maybe I will call and see if they can give me a replacement. Thanks for your help.
    03-09-09 02:06 PM
    Just wanted to follow-up for anyone else with a similar problem. First of all..what a great company. I sent them an e-mail explaining my issue and they said that they will send out a new skin. They also stated the following which caused me to think that the holster that came with my Curve is the problem. Actually, I am usuing a replacement case from another company which I was able to buy for $5 after I lost my original case that is allegedly the very same Verizon case that comes with the phone...at such a discount..I have often wondered. Anyway, this is what BSE said:

"Just in case this might be the problem, you may want to observe what
    your Skin is coming in contact with and eliminate exposure to it.
    Discoloration of the Skin is not normal and usually occurs from contact
    with unstable dyes in some types of fabric or carrying cases or from
    excessive exposure to skin oil. Its not the Skin by itself that is
    discoloring, its what the Skin is coming in contact with that leaches
    onto the material."

Well....I took a look at the 4 lines on the back of my skin. They clearly came from the case. Two are in the exact same place as the grooves on the outside of the case and the other two match two grooves on the inside. As for the gunk on the front...I'm thinking it's ink from the case or something like that.

Only problem...I like this style of case I guess I will stop using this one though.
    03-12-09 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD