Post your BSE/InvisibleShield success story!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-08 01:00 PM
    my bse works great. i don't worry as much when i take the skin off. best investment i've made besides a memory card.
    06-17-08 01:09 PM
    So far its working great, and doing its job protecting my BB. Im not sure if thats a success story, however it has successfully protected my BB, so maybe it is.
    06-18-08 12:13 AM
    I bought the IS and although I been reading about engineers having problems with the aplication...mine went on perfect. The first time I put it on it wasn't lined up well, but I didn't stick it on all the way. So I washed my hands again, sprayed my screen, fingers and sprayed the edge of an old credit card. There was a tiny bubble in the center that I worked out. Also some small imperfections near the blackberry logo. Its been about 3 weeks now and you can't even tell its on. I love my IS!!! Combined with the seido rubberized case, my bb looks good and I don't have a heart attack when I drop it...which I have on multiple instances lol

06-18-08 05:09 PM
    I have had BSE on 2 phones for 5 months, a curve and a pearl. Both are holding up great, and the curve lives in my pocket. Now if they could only make matte decals that stick to the side rail on the curve and I would be stoked!
    Last edited by holvey; 06-18-08 at 05:20 PM.
    06-18-08 05:16 PM
    I applied my BSE a few days ago. I was way nervous because of the application process. Way worth it though. I turned on my shower and got the bathroom steamy before putting the skin on my phone. Made sure my hands and fingers had solution on them then dipped the skin in the water soap solution. I did the front first and pushed all the excess water out let it settle for a bit then I did the back. Overall took like 30 min because I was nervous. I let my phone dry overnight. Didn't really wait 24hrs. I couldn't help it. My phone still works and the skin is awesome. I had my doubts that night but after a whole day it started to look good.
    Way worth it!

06-18-08 10:18 PM
    I have a full body + screen Invisible Shield on my Curve 8330. Install was painless and it's so clean that no one has noticed that it has a skin.
    06-19-08 11:33 AM
    I have both BSE and IS. The BSE is on my Curve and have the IS on my Zune. Both of them are great and are easy to put on as long as you use alittle patience. The BSE is cheaper and seems to be just a tad thinner than the IS. Both are great and you cant see either one of them.
    06-19-08 11:40 AM
    I put a BSE on my Pearl about 3 weeks ago. Everything went smooth, with only a couple minor bubbles that have since worked themselves out. I use the skin in connection the pouch that came with the Pearl and have found that the dye from the pouch has stained the BSE. I wish there was some way to avoid this. If anyone has ideas, please let me know. It makes the phone look dirty and that's what the skin is supposed to help avoid.

Other than that, I love the skin. I like the texture and the slightly tackier feel to it. Application went fairly smooth once you get over the whole "I have to put water on my phone on purpose??" fears.
    06-19-08 12:59 PM
    I have BSE on both my phones. Fantastic product. A couple of weeks ago I scratched the screen of my 8310 and ruined the BSE plastic. The phone was in my pants pocket along with my keys. Result: big scratch on the BSE plastic.

I placed an order with BSE for a twin pack of screen only covers. These showed up really fats and I was easily able to peel off the damaged skin and replace it.
    06-19-08 01:04 PM
    I love BSE and I used to use Invisible Shield - Installed on Curve and last 12 phones I owned I love it...the trick is to take your time and have phone and hands clean...skin should be wet
    06-20-08 01:37 AM
    Ok, rookie question....

Where do I find the best price on an InvisibleShield for a 8330?

Figure if I am buying a new phone, best to protect day ONE...
    06-20-08 09:06 AM
    mine went on like butter...the only think is my dumb self used diswashing liquid instead of hand soap...so there is a lingering rainbow effect. otherwise smooth and i dont even know its there....

that is until i got out the car last night with my phone on my lap...and saw my berry SMACK the pavement...

i picked it up and put it back together, and to my suprise the BSE skin was a little damaged, but NO DAMAGE TO THE PHONE!!!! Well worth the 8 bucks
    06-20-08 10:09 AM
    Peace of mind! No scratches of course and the surface can be easily wiped/cleaned..and I dont mind sliding it into my pocket anymore or leaving it on my desk...I discarded the holster after it broke twice while getting into my car.
    06-20-08 10:17 AM
    Peace of mind! No scratches of course and the surface can be easily wiped/cleaned..and I dont mind sliding it into my pocket anymore or leaving it on my desk...I discarded the holster after it broke twice while getting into my car.
    yep me too, i toss mine in my pocket all the time now, i wouldnt dare do that without the shield on there
    06-20-08 10:36 AM
    Never mind, found them...

Best Skins Ever Home Page
    06-20-08 11:31 AM
    The shields great, the guy at the shop put it on for me,so I didn't have to worry about messing it up. Plus it's nice not having to wiping the screen every 5 seconds.

08-21-08 12:57 AM
    I just ordered the IS... can't wait to get mine. Thanks for the info. I feel like I made a good choice.
    08-27-08 10:40 AM
    took me less than 30 minutes to put on. very easy. looks great!
    08-30-08 12:21 AM
    had an IS full body since day one

Last edited by yester18; 08-30-08 at 12:28 AM.
    08-30-08 12:26 AM
    question? Once you put the shield on can you take it off and reapply it?
    08-30-08 03:19 PM
    yes, but it depends on how look it has been on....

if it's during the first install and to make adjustments, you should be fine...
    08-30-08 03:21 PM
    it's been on for about 4 hours and I didn't align it at the top properly...
    08-30-08 03:23 PM
    I love my BSE! The application process is a lot easier than it sounds, it looks great and it works wonderfully.
    08-30-08 06:12 PM