Hi, I just installed the BSE on my 8130. Installation was smooth and I even like the slightly tackier feel of it. Its been about a week now and I've noticed that the skin is developing brown spots on it. I believe it is coming from the OEM case which I still use (my pockets like calling people apparently). Does anyone know of a way to avoid this or to at least clean the skin? I like the skin but who wants a dirty looking phone?

btw, thanks Crackberry for making my first Berry an enjoyable one. I'd be lost without you guys.
    06-11-08 09:55 AM
    I had the exact same thing happen to my phone. The dirtiest parts were along the middle of the phone. I ended up taking the bse off and got a rubber skin as well as a clear Speck case for it. I alternate between the two.
    I also think the OEM case is what caused my trackball to turn a brownish tinge as well. I'm going to order a new one.

Sorry, i wasn't much help...just wanted to let you know it's happened to someone else as well.

p.S. welcome to CB!
    06-11-08 12:08 PM
    Hmm. I have read up on this and have heard the same thing from other people as well. I wanted to know because I ordered a BSE and use the OEM pouch. I'm not sure if this is the same as the Pearl's OEM case you are talking about.

I have had the BSE (which I think is great) on for about two weeks. I have not noticed any brown staining yet. I am keeping my eyes open. There are two faint lines down the middle of the screen I noticed though. They kind of look like when you get a TV screen wet and you can see the shimmery colors, if that makes sense. It is only noticeable when the screen background is very white. No real biggie.

I'm thinking of getting a RexRegina Morgan case if the staining does start to happen. I really like the BSE + pouch combo.
    06-12-08 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD