For those with BSE, does the BSE skin interfere with close/slim fitting cases or silicon ones?

Thanks
    12-10-08 02:11 PM
    No. I have a BSE and the Seidio FlexArmor case. I can post you some pics when I get home if you'd like.
    12-10-08 02:59 PM
    Hard to believe it could interfere with anything. I installed BSE yesterday, and if I didn't do it myself, I wouldn't know it was there. What it might add to the dimensions is negligible.
    12-10-08 03:35 PM
    No. I have a BSE and the Seidio FlexArmor case. I can post you some pics when I get home if you'd like.
    I'd love to see some pics if you wouldn't mind. I'm thinking about getting a BSE! Thank you!
    12-10-08 03:38 PM
    I'm using the BSE screen protector and have my Bold in a OEM skin. No problems at all.
    12-10-08 04:11 PM
    I am looking to remove the BSE from my phone as when I put it on, it created an orange peel effect and some blemishes. Not to mention the pain in the *** it is to try and squeeze all the bubbles out. I think if i had pressed too hard i would've cracked the screen. Also I don't feel too good about putting water on my phone.
    12-10-08 04:20 PM
    Firewater, how do you like the FlexArmor case? I looked at the pics on their website and it looks like it covers some of the keys, is that true? Also, how is the added thickness, just right or annoying? I tried the Innocase that they offer and I can't stand the piece that seperates the keys from the screen. Takes away from the clean look.
    Thanks
    12-10-08 04:57 PM
    I am looking to remove the BSE from my phone as when I put it on, it created an orange peel effect and some blemishes. Not to mention the pain in the *** it is to try and squeeze all the bubbles out. I think if i had pressed too hard i would've cracked the screen. Also I don't feel too good about putting water on my phone.
    From the BSE website:

DO NOT APPLY WATER DIRECTLY TO YOUR DEVICE!!!!
    We cant stress this enough.
    12-10-08 07:23 PM
    I have a BSE screen shield and a Seidio Innocase on my Bold. The Innocase is so tight to put on and snap together I though it might make a difference, but it does not. No problems. My Bold is protected by an innocase for the body and a BSE for the screen!
    12-10-08 09:31 PM
    Firewater, how do you like the FlexArmor case? I looked at the pics on their website and it looks like it covers some of the keys, is that true? Also, how is the added thickness, just right or annoying? I tried the Innocase that they offer and I can't stand the piece that seperates the keys from the screen. Takes away from the clean look.
    Thanks
    I think the FlexArmor case is awesome. It's thick enough for you to know it's there but not so thick that it makes your phone look like a shoebox. The thickness is great for it's durability and I feel the phone could survive a waist height drop with no problem.

I also love that it's not made out of silicone so it is easy to get out of your pocket. The grip locations on the back seem to make it fit in your hand well too. It won't fit into your BB leather holster though.

The FlexArmor case also doesn't cover up any of the holes. It covers up the side buttons but it has 'detents' that allow you to push the buttons through the case. It actually makes it easier to push the standby button on the top of the BOLD. The only problem I have with it is that sometimes the headphone jack doesn't fully engage or the usb cord, but you just have to push a little harder or adjust the case. Also, it blocks the SD card slot so you have to take the case off to get access to that, but that's not really a problem.

Only real gripe I have is you have to press a little bit harder to get the side buttons to go and just the way I hold it I end up pressing the button on the other side too. I think this is just my fault in not being used to the ergonomics of a blackberry.

From the BSE website:

DO NOT APPLY WATER DIRECTLY TO YOUR DEVICE!!!!
    We can’t stress this enough.
    No **** sherlock. You get water transfer from the damn skin. That's like not wanting to get water on your body but putting on sopping wet clothes.

For anyone not experienced with electronics, the problem with water on your devices isn't shock or short circuits when your phone is off and you allow it to dry, the problem is the possibility of the moisture corroding the contacts of the electrical pathways in your device. If these connections become corroded they can slow down your device by restricting electron flow or they can become so corroded that your device stops functioning.
    12-11-08 06:53 AM
    Thanks Firewater, just what I needed to know. You don't use it with the larger Seido holster do you?
    12-11-08 10:51 AM
    Another thanks to Firewater for sharing his findings regarding the FlexArmor Case. There are not many reviews out there from users of it on the 9000. From what can be seen online and without holding either in my hand, the FlexArmor seem similar to the Case-mate.
    12-17-08 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD