Well i got two 8330's and my silver one the charging port is busted dont know whats wrong any one have any ideas on how or whare i can thake this to get it fixed
    06-26-09 10:16 AM
    The usb ports are notorious for being poorly attached to the board. If it is still under warranty, I would return it for another one. I purchased a cradle charger to avoid using the port anymore than necessary.
    Last edited by archangel849; 06-26-09 at 01:21 PM.
    06-26-09 10:41 AM
    I bought a cradle too. under $10.00 and cheaper out there on the web. I sync with blue tooth but you will need the usb for upgrades or new os.
    06-26-09 11:29 AM
    I bought a cradle too. under $10.00 and cheaper out there on the web. I sync with blue tooth but you will need the usb for upgrades or new os.
    true the only thing i am worryed about is my girl she is the one who wants the phone, got any tips or web sites whare i can get a cradle ?
    06-26-09 12:30 PM
    I get a lot of my accessories from Wireless Ground, you can also try the Crackberry Store
    Last edited by archangel849; 06-26-09 at 01:20 PM.
    06-26-09 01:16 PM
    If you buy a lot from Amazon:

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Charging Pod for 8300, 8310, 8320, and 8330 Curve Devices (Silver): Cell Phones & Service

Free freight but you have to purchase $25+.

As far as the usb port, if it's toast, it can be replaced for a very steep fee - $50-75. Do a search for this repair. The port itself is a $5 item but the installation is not for the novice. You need special soldering equipment to attach the 5 very tiny pins on the back of the port to the main board.
    06-26-09 01:32 PM
    I have had 3 blackberry 8330's now that the port has gone out. And now this one is acting up. I love my blackberry, don't understand what is going on. This one has lasted a lot longer then the others. VERY FRUSTRATED Any help, suggestions????
    06-26-09 01:59 PM
    I've posted this before and I'll say it again - somehow the bb usb ports get damaged from the charger or usb cable being inserted at an angle and then forced in. The tiny pin(s) get jammed and pushed into the back of the port, at times completely breaking off - then it's useless. Sometimes it will charge but not sync, and vice versa. I usually advise people to be careful and never force the cable. Also advise them to purchase a charging pod and only use the port for syncing and updates.

Yet my wife has an old (2.5 years) Moto RAZR that she charges almost daily (battery is weak) and the port is still okay. Seems to be a bb issue with the mini-usb. Have not heard of any problems with the micro-usb on the newer model bb. Maybe that's why they changed!
    06-26-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD