I managed to break my Seidio Spring Clip Holster in a somewhat surprising way. I had my storm out of the holster but the holster still clipped to the side of my belt. I sat down in my office chair and as i sat the bottom of the empty holster caught either the back or arm of the chair. I heard a pop as I sat. I unclipped the holster from my belt and examined it. I had managed to snap it in half horizontally. The belt clip itself was very strong and was not broken at all and still works. The belt clip is attached to the bottom half and I can still clip it to my belt. The top part with the spring clip is still attached because of the soft felt backing which is still holding it together. The plastic itself is completely snapped through. Amazingly enough the holster still works because of the felt material holding it together. I do wish the plastic of the body were a touch stronger but I think that even if it were a bit stronger that it wasn't meant to bear 200 pounds sitting on it.

I still highly recommend the Seidio Spring Clip Holster. It works great and is very secure. I doubt it would have broken had I had my storm in it but who knows. I'm using it temporarily in its broken state until I can order a new one.

EDIT:

I also managed to lose my Shure SE310 MPA earphones on public transportation today as well so it hasn't been a great week.
    Last edited by kyopo; 03-03-09 at 08:56 PM.
    03-03-09 08:53 PM
    Wow, not a good day at all.
    03-03-09 09:49 PM
    I managed to break my Seidio Spring Clip Holster in a somewhat surprising way. I had my storm out of the holster but the holster still clipped to the side of my belt. I sat down in my office chair and as i sat the bottom of the empty holster caught either the back or arm of the chair. I heard a pop as I sat. I unclipped the holster from my belt and examined it. I had managed to snap it in half horizontally. The belt clip itself was very strong and was not broken at all and still works. The belt clip is attached to the bottom half and I can still clip it to my belt. The top part with the spring clip is still attached because of the soft felt backing which is still holding it together. The plastic itself is completely snapped through. Amazingly enough the holster still works because of the felt material holding it together. I do wish the plastic of the body were a touch stronger but I think that even if it were a bit stronger that it wasn't meant to bear 200 pounds sitting on it.

I still highly recommend the Seidio Spring Clip Holster. It works great and is very secure. I doubt it would have broken had I had my storm in it but who knows. I'm using it temporarily in its broken state until I can order a new one.

EDIT:

I also managed to lose my Shure SE310 MPA earphones on public transportation today as well so it hasn't been a great week.
    Kyopo,

Ouch on your holster, and double ouch on the Shures.

I actually have one worse. I accidentally left my 32GB iPod Touch and a set of Klipsch Image X10 headphones on a plane once. I was sooo hacked.

In regards to your holster, I'd like to see if there's something I can do for you. Please email me your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com and I'll get back to you. Please include the text from this post.

Thanks,
    03-03-09 10:21 PM
    I totally agree. I have this clip and its by far the best I've had for any of my phones. I recommend it to everyone I know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 10:40 PM
    Kyopo,

Ouch on your holster, and double ouch on the Shures.

I actually have one worse. I accidentally left my 32GB iPod Touch and a set of Klipsch Image X10 headphones on a plane once. I was sooo hacked.

In regards to your holster, I'd like to see if there's something I can do for you. Please email me your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com and I'll get back to you. Please include the text from this post.

Thanks,
    Thanks for the assistance. I'll send you an e-mail. I want to emphasize though that I don't blame Seidio at all for my mishap and did not expect to make any service claim of any sort . It was my mistake and I'm pretty sure no holster was designed to accept that level of abuse.
    03-03-09 10:53 PM
    ugh...broke mine today

Got into my car, had turned it sideways like I always do, and it just sort of fell onto my lap. I loved this holster!

07-15-09 06:16 AM
    Roscoe - definately contact Seidio SUpport and see what they can do for you man - I have found them to be very helpful and responsive!

They'll have you saying 'Geh Geh Geh I love it I love it" in no Time!

(Ok some Dukes of Hazard humour thrown in for free there)!!!
    07-15-09 08:49 AM
    lol.

Thanks, I did seen an email off. I dont expect anything, but of course it would be nice. I loved this clip. Worked great! Maybe time to upgrade to the new lock clip though.
    07-15-09 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD