04-06-09 09:42 PM
85 1234
tools
    I'm joking, dude... For future reference, if my posts aren't in correct sentence form it's 100% sarcasm.

Excluding my above post, which is both in correct sentence form and 100% sarcasm.
    "A sarcastic person has a superiority complex that can be cured only by the honesty of humility."

-Lawrence G. Lovasik

"You can only be young once, but you can always be immature."

-Dave Barry
    01-23-09 05:50 PM
    Or I could sharpen the **** out of this bad boy...

Cookie Cutters ★ Copper Gifts - CopperGifts.com
    01-23-09 05:53 PM
    I also saw the case but wasn't into it as much as the OEM RIM Silicone case, not bad though.
    01-23-09 05:57 PM
    "A sarcastic person has a superiority complex that can be cured only by the honesty of humility."

-Lawrence G. Lovasik

"You can only be young once, but you can always be immature."

-Dave Barry
    Srsly?

"It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations."
    - Winston Churchill
    01-23-09 05:59 PM
    how tough is it to get it in and out of your pocket?..
    01-23-09 06:01 PM
    Dear Merrian-Webster,

It was a joke, a car community thing. Since you knew what JDM meant, I would think you would get it.

Yours truly,
    Sandbox
    So if you're familiar with the JDM term, you know that it refers to something that exists on the Japanese version of the same vehicle in a domestic market. Making your vehicle "JDM" mainly refers to replacing the parts that are unique to the domestic version of your vehicle with the japanese version counterparts. Please explain what how "JDM" has anything to do with cutting holes in your old case.
    01-23-09 06:01 PM
    Srsly?

"It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations."
    - Winston Churchill
    Good boy. Now look up the definition for hypocrite....wait for it......
    01-23-09 06:02 PM
    I Might be into this as my $4 eBay silcone is semi-ghetto, with bad parting line flash, and a couple of homemade holes for the speaker and a bigger USB hole so a USB can actually fit into it.

Can someone tell me the price?
    01-23-09 06:05 PM
    Or I could sharpen the **** out of this bad boy...

Cookie Cutters ★ Copper Gifts - CopperGifts.com
    That'll be too soft. What you need is one of those leather dyes that you can hit with a hammer to press through and cut. Would make for a clean cut. Or use a pointy exacto knife... a sharp one.
    01-23-09 06:05 PM
    So if you're familiar with the JDM term, you know that it refers to something that exists on the Japanese version of the same vehicle in a domestic market. Making your vehicle "JDM" mainly refers to replacing the parts that are unique to the domestic version of your vehicle with the japanese version counterparts. Please explain what how "JDM" has anything to do with cutting holes in your old case.
    Obviously, you've never been on a car forum. Where 99% of the people asking for JDM this and JDM that don't even know what JDM is. Does that sum it up for you?

Good boy. Now look up the definition for hypocrite....wait for it......
    Shouldn't you be rebutting me with quotes? I thought that was the game we were playing??

That'll be too soft. What you need is one of those leather dyes that you can hit with a hammer to press through and cut. Would make for a clean cut. Or use a pointy exacto knife... a sharp one.
    I might try an exacto knife to try and clean up the edges on this one... But like I said before, my hands are pretty shaky. I don't think I could mess this one up anymore, though... I'll look into leather dyes, too.
    01-23-09 06:13 PM
    Obviously, you've never been on a car forum. Where 99% of the people asking for JDM this and JDM that don't even know what JDM is. Does that sum it up for you?

Shouldn't you be rebutting me with quotes? I thought that was the game we were playing??
    LOL....this post was all I needed to know. Other than crackberry, the ONLY forums I visit ARE japanese car/motorcycle forums. I actually have an extra motorycle helmet that is DOT rated because you seem to have lost your ****** helmet. Your level of intelligence is obviously pretty low and my mom raised me to be nice to handicapped individuals. You can say whatever you want.....I won't reply in your thread anymore.
    01-23-09 06:22 PM
    So, any other ideas on how to get a clean cut square or circle through silicone? Even thought about heating up a dime till it was red and then dropping it through... Although I'm about 100% sure that will come out looking like a warped oval or something.
    01-23-09 06:31 PM
    anyone else think we need an accessories sub forum for storm specific accessories?
    01-23-09 06:34 PM
    Havent tried the tread in rain/snow yet...Hasn't been raining/snowing here in the DC area lately, thank goodness

I'm not sure about getting it out of pockets, I keep mine in an old MDA case on my belt.

It looks thicker in the pictures than it actually is. I can probably bounce it, but I'm not willing to TOFTT...Thus far lint on the case hasn't been and issue for me.

BTW, it's $12.99, unless you have that employee discount
    01-23-09 07:25 PM
    The cas does add a little bulk but it feels nice in the hands. I haven't had any problems getting it in and out of pockets either. Plus its just a nice piece for the car lovers!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 07:46 PM
    If anything it's a conversation starter...

With who?......
    01-23-09 07:50 PM
    Not necessarily. That only refers to JDM OEM. JDM aftermarket is the way to go.
    01-27-09 12:23 AM
    I Might be into this as my $4 eBay silcone is semi-ghetto, with bad parting line flash, and a couple of homemade holes for the speaker and a bigger USB hole so a USB can actually fit into it.

Can someone tell me the price?
    Mine was all of 11 bucks with 25% off. It does not wanna come out of the pocket easily, no harder than the VZW BB case.

01-27-09 01:04 AM
    I got sick of that clear plastic case, it was just too bulky. I wanted just the basic silicone one, but they didn't have black and I hate that semi-clear one. All they had in black was this tire one, I guess they don't make the basic one in black??? Weird that two stores didn't have just a basic black one. So I got the tire, I like it better than the plastic case, phone isn't so huge anymore. It's good enough, I'm not a huge fan of the tire thing (yes I'm a car guy), but it's no big deal. It definitely isn't as bulky as it appears in the picture, it's like half the size of the plastic ones.

I paid $12.99 for it.
    01-27-09 01:07 AM
    I got sick of that clear plastic case, it was just too bulky. I wanted just the basic silicone one, but they didn't have black and I hate that semi-clear one. All they had in black was this tire one, I guess they don't make the basic one in black??? Weird that two stores didn't have just a basic black one. So I got the tire, I like it better than the plastic case, phone isn't so huge anymore. It's good enough, I'm not a huge fan of the tire thing (yes I'm a car guy), but it's no big deal. It definitely isn't as bulky as it appears in the picture, it's like half the size of the plastic ones.

I paid $12.99 for it.
    You can get the plain black ones for $3.99 at Newegg. Just order something else with it so you can share the shipping charges.
    01-27-09 01:18 AM
    Sweet!!! Does it come in performance series? Is it directional rotation? Lol.

01-27-09 01:21 AM
    If you pay a little more you can get the z-rated one.
    01-27-09 01:33 AM
    how much for the r compound ones? lol
    01-28-09 04:56 AM
    I got this case yesterday, and I like it. Easy on and off, and not TOO bulky. My only issue with it is that it MIGHT "mute" the vibrate too much. Anybody else have this problem with this case and the phone in your pocket?
    02-10-09 12:44 PM
    I have this case and I'm happy with it. This evening I was waiting for my son to be dropped off at my house after he was done with karate practice.

It was dark and I was waiting by my car, a black VW Golf, and I was leaning on top of my car sending a message to my wife when my son's ride got there. My daughter was in my car, so I laid the phone down and went to get my son and thank his karate instructor.

I was preoccupied with getting my son and daughter buckled in so we could head off to Moe's for dinner and I got in the car and drove out of our neighborhood, which takes about 8 winding turns. I drove about 2 miles down the road before I realized my phone was not in my pocked or laid on the passenger seat as I sometimes do.

I slowed down and turned and stopped my car, and thanks in part to the design of this case, my phone was still up on the roof, probably crapping it's pants, holding on for dear life. Needless to say, that's not going to happen again!
    03-27-09 11:03 PM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD