04-06-09 08:42 PM
85 1234
tools
    I just got this case. It's MUCH thicker than the original silicone case. It's more like an innocase in thickness. I like it! It'll do until the Otterbox gets in stock
    01-22-09 12:07 PM
    To the OP: Does your Storm handle better in wet weather??
    01-22-09 02:00 PM
    To the OP: Does your Storm handle better in wet weather??
    It looks like an all season tread, but as always, handles best in DRY conditions!
    01-22-09 02:51 PM
    As a car guy I approve this message! Very cool!
    Me too, that's cool! My only complaint is that they used the tread pattern from a cheap all-season tire...American GT...lol! I know because I had them on my Geo.
    01-22-09 02:57 PM
    Okay, I need one of these. They are not on VZW's site nor has my store heard of them. Is there anyone who can lead me in a better direction to acquire one of these covers. I have checked Vroom, BlackBerry, VZW, Treadz and none of them are taking me to where I want to be. Thanks in advance.
    01-22-09 03:11 PM
    Me too, that's cool! My only complaint is that they used the tread pattern from a cheap all-season tire...American GT...lol! I know because I had them on my Geo.
    It is the same width as the tires on your GEO as well huh? haha, I kid!
    01-22-09 03:11 PM
    It is the same width as the tires on your GEO as well huh? haha, I kid!
    haha, pretty close!
    01-22-09 03:13 PM
    I just want everyone to relax, I found one today at my local VZW store. Hahaha. I sent them a pic last night and they said that they had seen it before but had a shipment coming in today. I showed up and she told me that they had not seen it yet but were still going thru boxes. I was standing there chatting and my girl came out and asked how much I loved her on a scale of 1 to 10, I said an 8. Then she pulled out the case, it went to an 11. I love simple pleasures especially when times are hard and I cannot afford the expensive ones!
    01-23-09 03:57 PM
    Thats pretty cool! How much was it?
    01-23-09 04:07 PM
    serious or not (I can't tell), I could go for that as well...I know a guy who works with C/F - I should give him a call and maybe cash in one of my favors.
    Oh, I'm serious. But it has to be thin... not like the oversized plastic ones that Verizon sells now. That's too bulky. It's probably too much to ask though. I would think one or two layers pressed together would be thick enough to protect, but slim enough to still be able to put into a holser made for the Storm. I'm talking Elite Carbon Skillz here, not Nopi f3v3r. lol
    01-23-09 04:12 PM
    If its not in your store already it will be arriving on their next truck shipment most likely. Our stores were receiving them this week but a few will not get them until next week.

Silicone wise its a great case cause its much thicker then the standard silicone and it definitely has a better fit.
    01-23-09 04:13 PM
    ^^^ Well, that's all nice and dandy, but the real question is... How's the Storm handle with the new tread pattern? How's the wet traction?
    01-23-09 04:15 PM
    Oh, I'm serious. But it has to be thin... not like the oversized plastic ones that Verizon sells now. That's too bulky. It's probably too much to ask though. I would think one or two layers pressed together would be thick enough to protect, but slim enough to still be able to put into a holser made for the Storm. I'm talking Elite Carbon Skillz here, not Nopi f3v3r. lol
    d00dz, i wana NOS b0ttle-looking case... increaZe my wdB ten-fold, y0. wh3n that ish hitz teh shelvez imma b like zomg !!!!
    01-23-09 04:19 PM
    I did the "JDM hack mod" to my BB silicone... Uber ghetto but I didn't like this case anyway. The only way to get a clean cut is too sharpen the **** out of a cookie cutter or something.

01-23-09 04:23 PM

Am I the only one that noticed that he has the case on upside down? He seems to have put it on correctly later as he posted up more pics, but on this one, he definitely has it on upside down. the speaker should be showing through the big hole and the two little ones should show the camera/flash.
    01-23-09 04:23 PM
    I did the "JDM hack mod" to my BB silicone...
    Given that JDM stands for Japanese Domestic Market, what exactly did you do to your silicone case that made it Japanese?
    01-23-09 04:25 PM
    Am I the only one that noticed that he has the case on upside down? He seems to have put it on correctly later as he posted up more pics, but on this one, he definitely has it on upside down. the speaker should be showing through the big hole and the two little ones should show the camera/flash.
    u freakin n00b, that's the silicone case by itself... no phone inside!
    01-23-09 04:25 PM
    u freakin n00b, that's the silicone case by itself... no phone inside!
    now that you mention it, i do see that its just the case by itself. in any case, its always a good way to make friends by calling them names.
    01-23-09 04:28 PM
    Given that JDM stands for Japanese Domestic Market, what exactly did you do to your silicone case that made it Japanese?
    Dear Merrian-Webster,

It was a joke, a car community thing. Since you knew what JDM meant, I would think you would get it.

Yours truly,
    Sandbox
    01-23-09 04:28 PM
    now that you mention it, i do see that its just the case by itself. in any case, its always a good way to make friends by calling them names.
    I'm joking, dude... For future reference, if my posts aren't in correct sentence form it's 100% sarcasm.

Excluding my above post, which is both in correct sentence form and 100% sarcasm.
    01-23-09 04:30 PM
    Looks too bulky.
    01-23-09 04:32 PM
    I did the "JDM hack mod" to my BB silicone... Uber ghetto but I didn't like this case anyway. The only way to get a clean cut is too sharpen the **** out of a cookie cutter or something.

Damn noob, you like suck at Arts and Crafts. Did you use a new blade in the exacto knife when you did this?
    01-23-09 04:33 PM
    ^^^ Well, that's all nice and dandy, but the real question is... How's the Storm handle with the new tread pattern? How's the wet traction?
    It is much better in the corners! Nice stiff sidewalls yet low profile! I only paid $11 for mine. I play softball for S&S Tire Softball and it is similar to our logo. (Tire Tracks thru logo and numbers)

01-23-09 04:34 PM
    Looks too bulky.
    It does add a touch of bulk, but not too much. Still fits, although a little tighter, in my Verizon PDA Pouch!
    01-23-09 04:38 PM
    Damn noob, you like suck at Arts and Crafts. Did you use a new blade in the exacto knife when you did this?
    omg no wai, imma krafty guay

Used a new razor blade, cheap one from Walgreens. It was impossible. I couldn't see what the **** I was doing. Had no lines to follow, probably should have traced in pencil first but I'm a bachelor, house is empty, I think I own a total of 2 pens and maybe a crayon. Cutting moving/stretching rubber is a pain in the ***. You have to lay it on it's back so you can get a clean cut and the walls sticking up around the sides get in your way. I suggest putting it back on the Styrofoam square shaped like the Storm, then cutting through it.

I think I'm going to cut the razor blade so it's a certain length and then just stab all 4 sides so its an equal square. Plus, if I stab it instead of cutting it, it shouldn't be as jagged.
    01-23-09 04:49 PM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD