I got the std ones. But I'm using my bose inear headphones that rock.
    No biggie.
    12-24-08 09:19 AM
    So why do verizon users get screwed with the pos ones that are way to big? And they have them on there web site for $29.99. Just a bit much for those

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Because Verizon is cheap. At least we got the damn 8GB memory card.
    12-24-08 09:23 AM
    Although I have read the saying I am about to say thousands of times on crackberry, I have never said it. I also don't agree with the way it is typically used, but I gotta through it in here. "Pics or it didn't happen!". There is no way that you got different headphones than every other user out there.

If you are going to convince me otherwise you are going to have to give me the numbers off the sticker that is on the baggie the headphones came in.
    I'm at work right now, but I'll send you a pic when I get home.
    I guess you must have trust issues, why whould someone lie about this, what is the benefit?
    12-24-08 09:29 AM
    dang i got the pos as well and I got my storm the first day it came out!
    12-24-08 09:30 AM
    this post makes my pos ones even more crappy =(
    12-24-08 09:41 AM
    I never even looked in my box
    12-24-08 09:44 AM
    Looks like US got the standard ones and UK and Canada got the Premiums
    12-24-08 09:44 AM
    my ear bud package has a model number HDW-14322-001, the ear pieces are a satin silver and has the inline pause button. is that premium?
    I got the same ones, and if those are premium then wow they are horrid anyways, I just use the ear buds I bought with my MP3 player they sound way better anyway.
    12-24-08 09:46 AM
    ^^^ Word, I have a set of Creatives I wouldn't trade for anything.
    12-24-08 09:49 AM
    Well on one hand, its reassuring to see that I'm not the only one with the standard 'buds, on the other...I'm sad to see the premium ones were just for the demo/review Storms. I had my hopes that since the Storm is the Verizon flagship BB, that it would ship with the same ones packaged with the Bold (the premiums), since it's AT&T's flagship.

Oh well, I'll just keep using my Shures. =P Thanks for the help all!
    If you have Shure's why would you want anything else?
    12-24-08 09:50 AM
    I got the POS ones, and damn those things won't fit in my ears. Who has ear holes that big??!!
    12-24-08 09:54 AM
    i got standards
    12-24-08 10:35 AM
    I got the "premiums" with Telus in Canada as well. Maybe RIM gave Canadians the premiums because it's a Canadian company and they're showing us some love.

More than likely it wasn't a decision that RIM made, it was most likely a cost cutting measure by Verizon.

I gotta say though, they don't deserve to be called "premium" since they're still total garbage. The flanges that fit into your ear are way too short and don't fit into your ear canal well enough to provide an adequate seal. My Shure E4's fit right up into my ear and it's fantastic, these sort of just sit outside of your ear with a flimsy seal that just stinks of poor quality.

I can't imagine anybody paying $50 for these, I would be very upset if I did. I realize that they were just included in the box and I don't mean to compare them to my Shures, but to anybody who got standards I really wouldn't worry too much about it.
    12-24-08 10:49 AM
    If you have Shure's why would you want anything else?
    Because I can't answer calls with the shures, they're just headphones where the blackberry buds have the call pickup option.

12-24-08 10:53 AM
    I smell a class action suit coming on behalf of all of us afliced with SEHOS (small ear hole opening syndrome.) All we SEHOS need is a hungry lawyer sypathetic to all of us **'s
    12-24-08 10:55 AM
    I smell a class action suit coming on behalf of all of us afliced with SEHOS (small ear hole opening syndrome.) All we SEHOS need is a hungry lawyer sypathetic to all of us **'s
    That is TOO funny!
    12-24-08 10:59 AM
    Mine came with the POS that most everyone else got also. I have the Bose which I love to use cause they sound great. But I am unable to answer the phone with them. Now if I could get some Bose with a mic or something comparable that is $99 or less then I am game. Specially if they are comfy. I have big ears but they are sensitive big ears. Only the most comfy will do!!

Ohh I did see these on the crackberry store....
    http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberry-stereo-headset-with-noise-isolating-ear-gels/11A29A3885.htm
    Last edited by ainvar; 12-24-08 at 11:26 AM.
    12-24-08 11:23 AM
    everyone outside of the US got the nicer headphones, are these in the verizon's stores yet?
    01-08-09 12:23 PM
    everyone outside of the US got the nicer headphones, are these in the verizon's stores yet?
    yes. verizon sells them for $30, but you can find them on ebay for less than $15 shipped.
    01-08-09 12:36 PM
    Seems like Verizon screwed us again, no wait we got the free 8GB card though. Id rather have the 8GB card, or did Telus gve them too?
    01-08-09 12:53 PM
    i got the premium ones but im not planning on using them
    01-08-09 01:01 PM
    Seems like Verizon screwed us again, no wait we got the free 8GB card though. Id rather have the 8GB card, or did Telus gve them too?
    telus gave me an 8gb card, premium headphones, 15 preloaded music videos and 15 preloaded songs
    01-08-09 01:01 PM
    Because I can't answer calls with the shures, they're just headphones where the blackberry buds have the call pickup option.

The Shure Mobile do allow you to answer phone, I have a pair.
    01-08-09 01:05 PM
    telus gave me an 8gb card, premium headphones, 15 preloaded music videos and 15 preloaded songs
    And how long is your contract?
    01-08-09 01:26 PM
    When did you receive these? I am awaiting my replacement Storm and got the cheapy ones with the first one. I would love to have these instead. I think they tried to deliver it yesterday and I wansn't home. Someone there today to get it. Can't wait to see what I get.
    01-08-09 01:31 PM
119 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD