I recently purchased the Bose QC15 noise reducing headphones and they are truly amazing. However, I'm having difficulties getting the microphone to work correctly with my Torch 9800. I've been using the white earbuds/microphone set that originally came with my iphone 3G with no problem and yes the disclaimer for the Bose headset says it was designed for the iphone but I was hoping they would still work in the same way that the apple earbuds/microphone does. Has anyone had any success using the QC15 headset with their BB? They work great for listening to music; it's just the microphone that doesn't work. My OS is 2647.
    Last edited by Freeman6554; 09-15-11 at 04:35 PM.
    09-15-11 04:27 PM
    A similar problem but not exactly the same. My QC15 (with Bose communication kit) works on my older 9780 Bold, my current curve, but not my upgraded 9900. In my case the microphone works fine but no sound out of the right earpiece. It works fine with the ear buds that came with the phone, so the phone is ok.

It looks to me like the metal ring around the 9900 may be preventing the 3.5 mm plug from fully engaging.

Anyone have any ideas?
    10-24-11 12:12 PM
    I also cannot get the microphone to work but both sides of headphones work fine. The QC15 headphones worked great with my old BOLD and the TORCH. I really need these as I am in noisy computer rooms for my job. It was great being able to use my phone and not hear all the noise.
    02-27-12 03:17 PM
    I recently purchased QC15 headphones. Initially i faced same problem like microphone working fine but no sound out of the right earpiece. I then tried shift the switch (which is on the pin going into headphone) to "LO" and Voila...both earpiece started working. I can now listen to music and take calls as well. Even though i then switch to "HI" and no problem faced. let me know if this tricks work with you as well. BB 9900 with OS 7 Bundle 1346
    08-24-12 05:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD