I still have my charging pod (dock) from my Bold 9000 - will the Bold Touch utilize the same charging contacts? Basically the same size?

Just trying to get a leg up - also want the pocket pouch type carrying case.

TIA
    04-30-11 08:49 PM
    As far as the charging contacts being the same. Probably not, at least they wouldn't be if I was in charge of sales in the RIM accessories division. lol

I would think the existing pocket pouch would work fine though. If anything I believe the Bold Touch is supposed to be thinner than the 9000
    04-30-11 09:36 PM
    I still have my charging pod (dock) from my Bold 9000 - will the Bold Touch utilize the same charging contacts? Basically the same size?

Just trying to get a leg up - also want the pocket pouch type carrying case.

TIA
    Long time no hear ibcop,

I was wondering the same. I still have my ProClip mount for the 9000, it would be nice to not have to buy another.
    05-01-11 07:54 AM
    Looking at the various pictures..the bold touvh charging contacts are to the bottom of the device, not the sides.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-11 08:20 AM
    Long time no hear ibcop,

I was wondering the same. I still have my ProClip mount for the 9000, it would be nice to not have to buy another.
    I hear ya.....how have ya been?

I'm sure all the accessories will be different.....all about the money!
    05-01-11 07:15 PM
    Hopefully I can find the same kind of deal on Amazon as I had for my Torch accessories: $15 charging cradle and $10 holster. I think I paid less than $35 for everything including shipping and taxes.

I hope the holster this time around is better quality as well... Mine is splitting.
    05-01-11 08:41 PM
    As far as the charging pods go I have one for my desk at work and another on my nightstand at home (for my Tour). I think the design of the Tour's pod and how the contacts connect effortlessly and reliably every time is elegant and effective. I hope this new 9930 has as nice a pod.
    And yes to Amazon being the place to buy this stuff: $9.11 per pod versus the $35 or so that RIM charged on their site at the time.

What I'm also hoping for is some kind of windshield mount car cradle that will have an integrated power connector. I don't use VZ Navigator often but when I do I truly value it's utility: a well-designed cradle that holds the BB firmly, in clear sight, and with a power charging connector would be great. A car cradle designed specifically for the 9930 would be a sure-buy for me.
    Last edited by MisterShark; 06-14-11 at 09:26 PM.
    06-14-11 09:22 PM
    Oh good question.

I am an Otterbox Commuter guy. But the 9930/9900 is such a nice looking phone I may go naked with a pouch or holster (and screen prot?). I used to use a (Seidio) cradle, but once I went Otter, I ditched the cradle and just plug into the port at night.

But I think I will be holding on to the 9930 for a long enough time that I may do what Masahiro is thinking of an at least get a cradle.
    06-15-11 08:09 AM
    More-Thing.com has some beautiful leather fitted skins/cases .
    I'd love to see something from this company - has anyone ever had any dealings with them?
    06-15-11 11:57 AM
    Yeah I imagine the charging pod is going to be different on the 9900. I got rid of my 9000 accessories before I moved to 9700/9780 anyway.

But I'll definitely be getting a charging pod and a leather pouch for it when it finally does get released.

Thanks for the tip on that more-things.com site...looks like some really nice leather cases that I might try out if they make some for the 9900.
    06-15-11 01:01 PM
    your welcome Jenks5150, the More-Thing site has some really beautiful covers - I'm not a fan of anything on my Blackberry but that tan leather case on the Bold2 series looks awesome and if they make start making them for the 9900, Ill be looking for one I think.
    06-15-11 03:09 PM
    The 9000 had the contacts on the back of the device.

The 9900 contacts are in the same place as the 9780.
    06-15-11 04:44 PM
    so no one has seen official accessories out for sale yet eh?
    06-15-11 09:14 PM
    I think, as a celebration for my Blackberry's arrival (9900 obviously), I will buy the dock.

I've come to realize my new Blackberry is far more important to be laid just like that next to me, it needs to stay standing like the macho that it is!
    06-16-11 12:14 AM
    More-Thing.com has some beautiful leather fitted skins/cases .
    I'd love to see something from this company - has anyone ever had any dealings with them?
    your welcome Jenks5150, the More-Thing site has some really beautiful covers - I'm not a fan of anything on my Blackberry but that tan leather case on the Bold2 series looks awesome and if they make start making them for the 9900, Ill be looking for one I think.

Oh agreed. I was toying with going naked on the 9930 as the phone looks so nice. But this case is really sweet looking. And price is on par with an Otter Commuter so who knows.....

06-16-11 08:07 AM
    07-16-11 03:42 PM
    Putting a case on a 9000 would be like trying to wear the same condom all week.
    07-16-11 03:50 PM
    The 9000 had the contacts on the back of the device.

The 9900 contacts are in the same place as the 9780.
    Bold 9000 had the contacts on the side
    07-16-11 04:00 PM
    If only I could securely mount one of these in my car.... Sigh

07-17-11 12:36 AM
    You know I have always ordered two charging stands, a normal extended battery and a big extended battery from Seidio for each new BB. But each round I've noticed the Seidio products' quality was deteriorating. The stands for my 9650 have both failed (contacts) and the first extended battery door worked about a day. The second one failed after about 6 months.

I think I will go with an OEM stand and an extra battery and charger this time.
    07-17-11 02:14 PM
    If only I could securely mount one of these in my car.... Sigh

Did you see this:

Buy Arkon Slim-Grip Blackberry Bold 9900 Smartphone Windscreen Mount Reviews

Not sure it's what you had in mind, but I wanted to ensure you had seen it.
    07-17-11 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD