How do I stop the magnet in the holster for the Bold from stopping video and voice notes recording? I want to record while in the holster. l
    05-07-09 11:27 AM
    Hmmm...... why from the holster
    05-07-09 11:28 AM
    My thoughts too. You want to video record the inside of the holster for a little while? The magnet puts the Bold to sleep and keeps the top of the holster somewhat locked into place. I guess you could carefully cut it open and pull it out. Maybe buy another holster without a sleep magnet in it.

Chris
    05-07-09 11:31 AM
    Im cutting a leather hole out in the holster and where the mics are so i can video and audio record. this is for travelling, notes, recording lots of stuff and take pictures quickly.
    05-07-09 11:33 AM
    Im cutting a leather hole out in the holster and where the mics are so i can video and audio record. this is for travelling, notes, recording lots of stuff and take pictures quickly.
    Sounds a little shady/sneaky/creepy to me, lol. Ah well, to each his own. As far as I know, the magnet sleeper effect can't be turned off. Either try to remove it or get one that doesn't have the magnet in it.

Chris
    05-07-09 11:37 AM
    does anyone know how to stop the camera clicking noise when i take a picture? i don't want the girls to know i'm taking pictures of them under the doors of the changerooms.

also, is there any holsters that will point my camera lens at the mirror on the top of my shoes? it's hard to get upskirts when you're kneeling down in front of your subjects.

**just in case this thread wasn't shady enough**

it's either that, or corporate espionage.
    05-07-09 11:41 AM
    hhmm. neat ideas, but unfortunately I'm not a peeping Tom (or Eric). It is strickly for travelling, taking voice notes when meeting with my accountant, doctor, etc so i don't have to scribble fast. And, it's for conversations with family that later are denied ever having happened.
    05-07-09 11:49 AM
    oh, I like corporate espionage. I'm also a big fan of whistle blowers!
    05-07-09 11:50 AM
    does anyone know how to stop the camera clicking noise when i take a picture? i don't want the girls to know i'm taking pictures of them under the doors of the changerooms.

also, is there any holsters that will point my camera lens at the mirror on the top of my shoes? it's hard to get upskirts when you're kneeling down in front of your subjects.

That's just wrong as is actually punishable by law. Speaking of laws. It is now required that your cellular device that has a camera must make a noise for that reason. There is software to bypass it, however.

Chris
    05-07-09 11:51 AM
    That's just wrong as is actually punishable by law. Speaking of laws. It is now required that your cellular device that has a camera must make a noise for that reason. There is software to bypass it, however.

Chris
    of course - i guess you missed my dry canadian sarcasm...
    05-07-09 12:06 PM
    ...this is a bit to much for me.

just go get a tape recorder instead of using your crackberry as a CREEPBERRY
    05-07-09 12:20 PM
    i paid enough for my blackberry so im going to use it for all its worth. not buying anymore electronics if the blackberry can do it all.
    i guess people are not reading my posts. im using the recording features for quite innocent purposes. and in Canada it is legal to record all conversations in which you take part without disclosing this information to other parties. this according to a lawyer and the police that i consulted.

lets play nice people :P
    05-07-09 12:45 PM

All I ever think when I read these posts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 12:48 PM
    Cut the magnet out.
    05-07-09 02:13 PM
    Um, just a suggestion, but if you're just recording voice, you can use the "Voicenotes" function...I don't believe that is turned off when you put ur berry into the holster. It also would ensure you're not infringing on any laws (should any exist with regards to recording people's faces without prior consent).....

Edit: Eric this would also ensure people don't think you're a Creep-berry user
    05-07-09 04:53 PM
    actually, yes i have been using 'voicenotes' which is not turned off by the holster, but wanted to start taking video too, but not creepy video.
    05-08-09 01:14 PM
    Hey it's another one of these threads...looks like everyone is having fun.

A+
    05-08-09 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD