11-26-08 07:34 PM
36 12
tools
    Just cancelled my order. I thought this pod can also sync. I was also wondering how it syncs if it doesn't connect to the USB port.
    11-25-08 09:51 AM
    I got made fun of the other day because I asked how it charged...glad to see I'm not the only one who's confused.

Is this deal still going on? It's still $14.99 but I cant get the promo code to work . I really want one of these too.
    as far as i know the promo ended yesterday. I will see if I can find some more newegg promo codes, they usually will have some floating around during the holiday season. I'll see if I can find some.
    11-25-08 10:46 AM
    alright, here are some simple pics that show the connecting areas.

enjoy.

this is the metal piece on the phone itself.

the copper colored prong is what connects to the metal piece on the bold.
    11-25-08 11:01 AM
    Is there a mod that can maybe change the title to "expired" or something just so it doesn't mislead a couple of people
    11-25-08 11:04 AM
    I ordered my base unit from NewEgg on Saturday and received it on Tuesday. They ship UPS from regional shipping points.

The base unit connects to your computer through your USB cable (the port is located in back of the base unit ). All you do is slip in the BOLD and it charges and shows the clock

The base unit has two spring loaded connectors that interface with the two buttons on the lower side of the BOLD. The base unit is only used for charging. To SYNC all you do is move the USB cable from base unit's connector up to the BOLD USB connector. The base unit does not have the USB wiring only the charging ability.

Looks nice on a desk or bedside. For $15 it is a good buy.
    The same units are available for about the same price, on amazon.com with free shipping, if you order other stuff to bring your order to $25

Nice touch: when a new email arrives the screen changes for a short time (about a minute) from the clock to the new message then back to clock with the blink light.
    11-25-08 01:57 PM
    they have them on ebay for that cheap
    11-25-08 02:00 PM
    How anal am I? Got my cradle in today and sending it back today. When you place it in the cradle to charge the front bottom of the silver frames gets scratched taking it in and out. I see no fix for this, even if I put a piece of screen protector on part of the cradle where it hits. I wouldn't think the plastic in the cradle would be that rough on it. I currently just have a screen protector on my bb. If I use a skin it won't fit in the charger either. I'm sure in a month I'll stop babying it and it'll show plenty of wear from my pocket.

I wish the companies that make the hard slide in cases for iphones would make some for blackberries. My wife has one on hers and you can barely see it added to the overall size of the phone and it slides in a pocket smoothly.
    11-26-08 12:03 PM
    I just ordered mine. yay bammar that doesn't sync.
    11-26-08 12:12 PM
    Only reason I got it that the the data port won't be abused from being being connected from charging and syncing so many times. Don't want the port to get loose from being connected so many times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 04:08 PM
    Hey guys I actually got mine yesterday and looks fine but just as a heads up it doesn't come with any cables so you will need to use your current blackberry charger to plug it in. Just wanted to make sure that no one is misled

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 05:19 PM
    How anal am I? Got my cradle in today and sending it back today. When you place it in the cradle to charge the front bottom of the silver frames gets scratched taking it in and out.

I have had no problem with scratching. I have put my phone in perhaps 25 times and, after your comment, I inspected the side. Nothing. I suspect there is some foreign matter in your cradle that you should inspect for; on my cradle the sides and front inside are perfectly polished.
    11-26-08 07:34 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD