I am just about to order the blackberry bold desktop charging pod but I just wanted to ask how it charges it because it sits in the pod but the charging port is on the top left of the phone?
    Dan
    06-03-09 03:51 AM
    It charges throw the two silver contacts on each side of the phone near the bottom, they make contact with a couple pins in the charging pod.

Well worth the money in my opinion and use the pods all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 03:54 AM
    super thanks.
    06-03-09 03:57 AM
    Love mine, but it does make it tougher to use a case, as you have to remove them to use the charging pod.

06-03-09 04:00 AM
    Love mine, but it does make it tougher to use a case, as you have to remove them to use the charging pod.

Is there a charging pod you can buy that is slighty larger than the normal ones so you don't have to take off your skin?

06-03-09 08:06 AM
    There is a pod that actually has a mini USB port on the side. Not so sure I like the design, but it's out there.

Google Image Result for http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41oDtdiq9SL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    06-03-09 08:29 AM
  7. A
    Is there a charging pod you can buy that is slighty larger than the normal ones so you don't have to take off your skin?

There's only one flavour of the Bold charging cradle. And even if there were, I think that most skins/cases cover up the charging contacts which makes charging via cradle a non starter.

06-03-09 08:31 AM
    It charges throw the two silver contacts on each side of the phone near the bottom, they make contact with a couple pins in the charging pod.

Well worth the money in my opinion and use the pods all the time.

Oh sweet. Always wondered what they where for.

Great stuff.
    06-03-09 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD