Any good cases for the Blackberry Bold. Looking at the Otterbox Case. Any suggestions?
    11-07-08 01:41 PM
    I'm actually getting the bold gel skin today... I don't need crazy protection since I usually take really good care of my gadgets and not really prone to drops (knock on wood!!!) but my GF on the other hand
    11-07-08 03:07 PM
    What do you want in a case? Bulletproof with no care for style? Go OtterBox. No need for bulletproof? The options are endless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 03:11 PM
    I hear otterbox covers the flash. So with a seidio case

11-07-08 03:13 PM
    I just received the Blackberry leather pocket from Crackberry. This is similar to the freebie that comes with the Curve but it is leather.
    Great case if you keep your Bold in your pocket!
    11-07-08 03:16 PM
    Seidio makes a less than 1mm thin case that feels like hard rubber on the outside. I've used it with my 8820 and 8310. They are kinda pricey though.
    11-07-08 03:49 PM
    Smashface is spreading lies when she says the Otterbox "covers the flash". what she means is that there is a plastic membrane that covers the flash; same piece that covers the lens. If you'll read her posts carefully, you will see that she has never even put the Otterbox on her Bold. I wouldn't call that an informed opinion.

I'm not saying the OB is for everyone or that the picture quality is not reduced by the case. However, if you want the ultimate, that is it.

As for the Seidio, I think this is the third time I've said it on this forum, but I will continue to say it until I am blue in the face: even though I love Seidio's products, especially the InnoCase line, the one for the Bold sucks. I have this case for Curves, 88xx, iPhones, etc, and they are fantastic. However I recommend steering clear of the one for the 9000. It just doesn't fit right; there is something sloppy about it.

11-07-08 04:18 PM
    Seidio makes a less than 1mm thin case that feels like hard rubber on the outside. I've used it with my 8820 and 8310. They are kinda pricey though.
    I used the Clear transparent one from Seidion for my Curve 8310. I think I will order the black one for the Bold. The Bold Innocase
    11-07-08 05:37 PM
    i just got my otterbox impact case today. it does not cover the flash. however the case does not fit the phone very well. the hole cutout for the led indicator is not cut in the right spot so only the top 1/4 of the indicator light is visible through the hole.
    11-07-08 05:50 PM
    i am still using the holster that came along with my bold. i will be sticking to that unless something comes along and strikes me.
    11-07-08 05:54 PM
    Many of the cases, like the very nice leather one that comes free from AT&T, stick out about a mile. The Seidio one that let's you pop it in and out is very snug to the body and works great. The phone locks in securely, and if the back gets mucked up, I'll buy a new one.
    11-07-08 05:59 PM
    I went with the Sena slim case; $31.99. I have had nothing but positive experiences with their products.
    11-07-08 10:51 PM
    I went a little overboard with the cases LOL.

Got the standard sleeve that came with the phone. There is a problem with that BTW, the left shift key keeps getting caught while i am sliding the phone in. Need to be careful and press on the sides of the case to make it open up some more, but i am not using that now.

Got the leather Holster OEM, pretty nice.

Got a black gel skin.

Got an amzer plastic holster, seems ok.

Got a SEIDIO spring clip holster. This thing is the best one so far. I have been using SEIDIO holsters for a number of prior phones and i got it for my new Bold too. Really solid quality and has a lovely rubberized feel to it. Actually matches the bold very well. This is what i am using now on a daily basis. Sliding the phone in and out of it is also very easy and quick.

cheers.
    11-08-08 02:09 AM
    I went to Best Buy and got a great case for under $20. It's comparable to the otterbox one. But, fits it well and covers what needs to be covered.
    11-08-08 04:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD