I'm not sure if anyone has tried this, but will the 9900 with an Otterbox commuter fit into a leather pocket pouch for the Bold 9000? If so, will the sleeper magnet still work?

Before anyone asks, I'm hoping to use the pocket pouch to protect the menu buttons and track pad from scratches, as well as preventing dust from getting behind the screen. I also hope to take advantage of the sleeper magnet.
    08-19-11 04:08 AM
    I'm wondering the same thing. I'll find out when my otterbox commuter case arrives in the mail tomorrow. From what I can tell the 9930 leather holster is pretty snug, but not to the point where I have to yank it out. The 9930 does fit into the 9650 holster since it has elastic sides and I think the phone with the commuter case will fit in there, however it doesnt appear that the magnet that enables the sleep mode works. As I said earlier, I'll give it a shot when the case arrives.
    Masahiro likes this.
    08-19-11 04:53 AM
    So I got the Commuter case today, and no dice on squeezing it into the 9930 holster. NO give what so ever. It's VERY snug in the 9650 holster, but it does fit. The sleep function is not compatible with the 9930 for some reason. I tried sliding the 9930 around the 9650 holster to see if it would activate on another spot, but it never turned off. Hope this helped. Never had a 9000 so I don't have a case to try. If you can ever give it a shot let me know.
    Masahiro likes this.
    08-19-11 03:42 PM
    Thanks a lot for the update. I'm assuming the 9000 is larger than the 9650, so I'm hopeful that it will fit nicely in that pocket pouch.
    08-20-11 01:20 AM
    Finally got my Otterbox and 9000 pocket pouch. The verdict is, the phone will fit, however it's so snug that it's extremely difficult to remove it from the pouch. The sleeper magnet won't work either. This combination is not recommended. Haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    wrwrx likes this.
    08-28-11 12:27 PM
    Upon re-reading your post, I did not realize you were talking about the POUCH. I assumed you were talking about the holster. The 9000 holster (koskin) does work with the 9930 and commuter case though magnets and all!
    Masahiro likes this.
    09-10-11 12:47 AM
    Alright. Thanks for that. I just finally got around to placing an order for the Koskin holster. I'm sure I can find a way to remove the belt clip.
    09-16-11 03:10 AM
    let me know how you like it when you get it. i love mine. the real leather one would be nice, but i dont really wanna try since kevin's review. although i dont see why the leather version would be tighter than the koskin.
    09-18-11 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD