Hello all. Does any one know if there is a holster that will fit the bold 9900 with a otterbox commuter case? Like the bold 9780. Any help would be great.
    02-06-12 01:03 PM
    I've heard that Siedo has that...
    02-06-12 01:12 PM
    I've heard that Siedo has that...
    hmm ok thank you. any idea whats its called of any info?
    02-06-12 01:25 PM
    I use a OEM Bold 9000 Koskin Blackberry Holster for my 9900 w/otterbox commuter. Fits perfectly, magnet is in the right place to sleep the device.

You can find them on Amazon for about 12 bucks. Just make sure it's the Koskin with the openings at the bottom, not the all leather sleeve.
    02-06-12 01:29 PM
    I use the otterbox commuter with the Seidio ACTIVE Holster. It works great. Less bulk and good protection. The holster fits the case like they were made together.
    02-06-12 01:42 PM
    I use a OEM Bold 9000 Koskin Blackberry Holster for my 9900 w/otterbox commuter. Fits perfectly, magnet is in the right place to sleep the device.

You can find them on Amazon for about 12 bucks. Just make sure it's the Koskin with the openings at the bottom, not the all leather sleeve.
    Ok excellent that is exactly what im looking for. Tho looks like amazon is the only place its available like you said. I guess it doesnt fit with the normal bold 9000 leather holster? If so any ideas why.
    02-06-12 02:02 PM
    Ok excellent that is exactly what im looking for. Tho looks like amazon is the only place its available like you said. I guess it doesnt fit with the normal bold 9000 leather holster? If so any ideas why.
    I'm not sure if it is the fit or the positioning of the magnet. All I know is the koskin works, and that's good enough for me.
    02-06-12 02:07 PM
    I own a Seidio Active holster, the Otterbox Commuter case, and an OEM Bold 9000 leather holster. The Otterbox Commuter with the Seidio active holster is the perfect combination. The Otterbox case actually fits the Seidio active holster better than the Seidio active case! The bold 9000 holster that I have is too tight a fit for the Otterbox Commuter case, though. Mine was much too difficult to insert and remove, and the flap wouldn't fold over.
    02-06-12 03:36 PM
    Another vote for the Otterbox Commuter case + Seidio Active holster.

This combo fits perfectly together, looks great, and puts the device into sleep mode too.

If only Otterbox realized some of us want a holster, but without the bulk of the Defender series combo. While I'm not a bit fan of Seidio's cases, I say hanks to them for this holster!
    02-06-12 06:17 PM
    Yet another vote for the Seidio Active holster.
    02-07-12 06:26 AM
    Just try to search on google. More details and more choices.
    02-07-12 08:41 PM
    What about the Defender Series? Any holster fits perfectly?
    02-10-12 02:50 AM
    The Otterbox defender comes with a holster. I had one and the only problem I had was the rubber on one side of the phone kept getting pushed out when I slid it into the holster. Ended up returning for the communter.
    02-10-12 06:16 AM
    I use the otterbox commuter with the Seidio ACTIVE Holster. It works great. Less bulk and good protection. The holster fits the case like they were made together.
    QFT although the surface holster also works.

The only thing I would make sure of is that the holster has the sleep magnet. I have both an active and surface cases/holsters and 1 came with the sleep magnet - the other did not. Not sure if they are all selling with magnets now but definitely worth looking into.
    02-10-12 06:27 AM
    My Active holster does have the sleep magnet.

posted using Tapatalk
    02-10-12 01:18 PM
    I have been using my 9900 unprotected, I think its time for some sort of case, but I don't want a case that makes the 9900 feel bulky, the otterbox commuter and the active holster sounds like a good combo! Anyone use the screen proctor that comes with it? Does the screen protector hinder the touch screen in anyway, is it glued on, and is it hard to remove? So the active holster does come with a magnet, to put the phone to sleep?
    02-11-12 10:27 AM
    I use the defender otterbox case along with my old case that came with my Tour. It is a tight fit but it is secure even when horse back riding.
    02-13-12 10:14 AM
    My Active holster does have the sleep magnet.

posted using Tapatalk
    Good point. Neither does mine. I bought mine from amazon, and I remember in times past this was a topic of discussion. I think the Seidio active holsters at Crackberry have the magnets, but at Amazon you're taking a chance. I'm actually happy without the magnet because I use the button, and I feel that's simpler and potentially less confusing to the phone, which already has enough to think about.
    02-13-12 11:00 AM
    Just to give a final resolution to my issue. First of all thank you to everyone for the helpfull answers. I did get my otter box commuter case and im loving it (even got the screen protector on without any dust underneith) and i did find a old bold 9000 holster the "koskin" on that unfortunetly isnt on the crackberry store but i did find one close by brand new for $15. So it does fit! Sleeper magnet does work! Fits snug but im happy with it. A big thanks to RWWackoStu. Hope it helps anyone else looking for one.
    02-15-12 10:47 AM
    I have been using my 9900 unprotected, I think its time for some sort of case, but I don't want a case that makes the 9900 feel bulky, the otterbox commuter and the active holster sounds like a good combo! Anyone use the screen proctor that comes with it? Does the screen protector hinder the touch screen in anyway, is it glued on, and is it hard to remove? So the active holster does come with a magnet, to put the phone to sleep?
    Yes a case is best. I dont think it feels bulky with the otterbox commuter on it. I have the screen protector that came with my commuter on the phone and it doesnt hinder the touch screen in any way. It sticks like all other screen protector i have had. Not sure about removal, once its on there i dont plan to take it off. Im not sure if the active one does but the older bold 9000 holster does have a sleeper magnet and it does work. Has to be the koskin holster though.
    02-15-12 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD