02-18-13 03:05 PM
81 1234
tools
    I too bought the Seidio Convert Combo, but the Surface works so well that the outer shell rarely gets used. +1 for Surface with a holster.
    03-23-12 08:11 AM
    Naked or the OEM black hardshell/softshell for me.
    03-23-12 08:27 AM
    Hmm... I guess the "skins" would be a good choice if you really want to use them with the charging pod?
    03-23-12 08:43 AM
    Is there a slim case out there that will work with the charging dock?
    no unfortunately not
    sqa4life likes this.
    03-23-12 09:14 AM
    I'm like a case junkie on my 9930 and my current fave is the Seidio Surface Case. I use the charging cradle so the fact that I can easily slide off just the bottom of the case at night is a huge bonus for me.
    DITTO! this thread comes up every two weeks and I always say seidio
    for the same reasons you do...but no one agrees. Maybe we don't get it?
    jjdnyc likes this.
    03-23-12 09:20 AM
    I like the Seidio concept, I just don't use the charging dock, so I don't need that feature on the case so I look elsewhere That, and I have yet to see Seidio cases available in-store in Canada, and I prefer to buy from a store as opposed to online where I can.

JB
    03-23-12 09:25 AM
    hey pretty sure the original casemate barely there non-brushed aluminum case can work with charging dock
    03-23-12 07:33 PM
    I want a clear case that will fit into the oem holster. Any recommendation?

Has anyone try this?
    Amazon.com: BlackBerry Soft Shell Case for BlackBerry Bold 9900 / 9930 (Translucent): Cell Phones & Accessories
    03-23-12 08:49 PM

Has anyone try this?
    Amazon.com: BlackBerry Soft Shell Case for BlackBerry Bold 9900 / 9930 (Translucent): Cell Phones & Accessories
    I'm not very sure if there's any, but if you're looking for one, try and look for those cases whose designs have an open space at the charging contacts. It may or may not work, but I'm sure that this narrows your search.

Another type of "case" which you can buy is those film protectors.
    03-23-12 08:59 PM
    I have no the hardshell oem case and the otterbox commuter.

I used the commuter until I applied my zagg screen protector, then I noticed the edges.of the film started being pushed up from the edges of the commuter case.

Went back to the hardshell, and am extremely happy. I really like the looks of the iskin case posted on the last page. Any info on it?
    03-24-12 03:32 AM
    Hmm... I guess the "skins" would be a good choice if you really want to use them with the charging pod?
    Skins wont allow you to use the OEM charging pod. In fact - the only case Ive heard thus far that allows the phone to be charged on the OEM charger with the case on is the barely- there plastic cases (although I have yet to confirm this).

The incipio feather case I have is very similar in design to the barely there cases but wont fit in the oem charging dock.
    03-24-12 05:42 AM
    Switched from the Otterbox Defender to the Seidio Convert Combo, rubber stays intact and in place.
    Also have the Otterbox Commuter, Seidio Surface, Seidio Active, Case-Mate Tough, and a 3rd party hard shell/holster combo.
    Bit of a case junkie myself
    03-24-12 07:24 AM
    I have the Seidio Convert combo as well and I like it alot. It completely protects my 9900 (including the camera/flash holes) once it's in the holster and I like the fact the holster has a lock so that the phone isnt going anywhere even if I accidentally drop it.

Another excellent feature of the Seidio Convert combo that was a nice surprise is that the casing is designed to make the lock screen button and volume/convenience keys so much easier to press and activate, no more fumbling around to lock the phone or manage the volume.

I have 2 Seidio charger stands on the way, one for my desk and one for my bedside.

I tried the Otterbox Defender but returned it the next day as it seems to have a design flaw where the rubber casing catches on the holster everytime you put the phone in the holster.

When I am working at my desk I love to use the 9900 naked. The phone that is.
    03-24-12 09:35 AM
    I really like the looks of the iskin case posted on the last page. Any info on it?
    Got it from the iSkin website. I love it. Just snap on the back and has a small lip that goes towards the front. It is a brushed aircraft aluminum on the back. Very sleek case. They are a little pricey for half a case it was about 35 dollars. It is the perfect case for me and if it came to it I would buy another one for sure.
    03-24-12 12:30 PM
    Id have to day OEM hardshell as well.

I have it and its a fantastic case!

-It protects the device, made of hard plastic

-it fits the device perfectly, alot of people cant even tell that my 9900 has a case on it

-it feels great in the hand, It had rubber edges so it provides a great grip of the device

Also another HUGE bonus for me is that I love to use the OEM holster and charging dock with all my BB's, and usually to enjoy using these accessories I had to carry my BB naked to fit in the holster and charging dock. With the OEM hardshell for the 9900 I can use all those accessories and protect my berry too!

With this case the rubber sides are soft and it doesn't scratch the stainless steel bezel when I take it out of the case every night to put it in the charging dock.

Usually when you have a case on your BB it wont fit in the OEM holster anymore and you cant take advantage of the sleeper magnet. But with the OEM hardshell I can use the original Bold 9000 holster. It fits in perfectly and the sleeper magnet function works too.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-cas...-soft-shell-ca

So yeah... you cant go worng with the OEM hardshell. I really remomend this case!

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-har...30-9900-review
    03-24-12 03:05 PM
    whoops double post
    03-24-12 03:06 PM
    I paid for price for the soft version of this case (the OEM) and it was difficult to enable the lock button. Is it the same with the hardshell?? Please let me know.
    03-24-12 11:48 PM
    OEM Hard Shell - Sides are flimsy, Camera collects fingerprints, Doesn't protect bezel, Buttons hard to use, Back scratches up almost instantly

iSkin vibes - Decent protection, Camera stays clean, Buttons hard to use, No hard shell, Doesn't hold its shape like a hard shell case

Otterbox Commuter - Great protection, Camera stays clean, Buttons are good but not great (Too big and Too stiff), Royal PITA to remove and put back on, Back is durable and won't scratch, Annoying rubber port covers

CaseMate POP! - Great protection but not as good as the Commuter, Camera stays clean, One piece design is super easy to remove and put back on, Fits nice and snug, Best button extentions I've seen, not too big like the Commuter but super easy to press, Shinny back may get scratched

Some of these come with screen protectors. I put an iSkin screen protector on my 9900 and it sucked big time. Grab a set of "Steinheils" and you will not have any problems like the guy a few posts back. They are perfect.

Now that I'm using the POP! With the shinny back, I cut one of the freebie screen protectors to fit the back of the POP! and I can say that the POP! is my favorite in a big way. It just works and it doesn't have any annoying design flaws like the others. Except the piano black exterior.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 03-25-12 at 01:54 AM.
    03-25-12 01:34 AM
    I paid for price for the soft version of this case (the OEM) and it was difficult to enable the lock button. Is it the same with the hardshell?? Please let me know.
    Yes, its exactly the same. By a POP! and don't look back.

Those two BB cases are the same case around the sides. Rub your thumb on the edge and it pulls away from the bezel. It also doesn't cover enough of the bezel to protect it properly.
    03-25-12 01:48 AM

Has anyone try this?
    It will keep the bottom of your phone from getting scratched but it won't protect the screen or the top of the bezel if you set the phone face down. It won't help much if you drop the phone too.

This is the perfect phone for a clear case though.
    03-25-12 02:02 AM
    I used the OEM leather pouch for the first few months. I really like it, except, I was starting to worry about times when I am actually using the phone - what if I drop it? Plus, it's pretty slippery naked (albeit lovely.) So, I got the Seidio Active case. I really love it! Offers the perfect "gription" while texting, plus feels pretty secure. And the side buttons work better with this case. I recently ordered the Seidio Surface case when it went on sale. It looks nice, but, isn't as grippy as the Active case, plus the side buttons are more cumbersome to access. So, of the three, the Active case is my favorite, and it pairs nicely with the Seidio charger stand.
    03-25-12 11:54 AM
    It will keep the bottom of your phone from getting scratched but it won't protect the screen or the top of the bezel if you set the phone face down. It won't help much if you drop the phone too.

This is the perfect phone for a clear case though.
    Ohh. I would not mind a see-through Otterbox Defender.
    03-25-12 11:59 AM
    I'm currently using torch 9800. Alreaxy tried 9700 before. And the combined experience is seidio active combo case. Though I don't like the rubber of seidio as it always left footprint, hwr, the case looked pretty firmed!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    03-25-12 12:11 PM
    I tried just about every other 9900 case out there and some are good, particularly the OEM hard shell case. However, I found myself reverting back to a case-less 9900! I truly think it's one of the most perfectly designed phones that came out (for me).

I ordered a leather battery door from truesupplier as I love the professional feel it gave to the prior bolds. I'll let you know what I think when it arrives!

Be Bold!
    03-25-12 12:54 PM
    I have both the soft and hard shells. The lock button is a lot easier to push on the hardshell. The material they use around that goes around the metal band is different - on the hard shell it's a softer rubber with a matte finish, on the soft shell it's a glossy rubber that has a little less give in it.
    03-25-12 12:58 PM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD