01-06-10 04:41 PM
43 12
tools
    Hello, I just got my 9700 and looking for accessories for it. Right now Im looking for a nice set of good quality headphones that I can listen to music on and receive and end calls with as well (button). The headphones that have the send/end button, is audio quality being sacrificed because of that feature? or is the audio output the same as headphones that just serve as audio headphones without the send/end? Im looking for suggestions for a pair of headphones with the send/end button as well as good listening quality. I've come across alot of different types but don't know whats good and whats not. Is the included pair sufficient? Not really sure what to look for, any information would be appreciated, thanks!
    01-03-10 08:04 PM
    I dont like the ones that comes with the bb. I use a Sony sport set, however there are so many better ones than the stock
    01-03-10 08:11 PM
    there is much better ones out there then the ones that come with it however I dont use them at all so I have no suggestions for you
    01-03-10 08:14 PM
    The OEM headphones are garbage. I have V-Moda vibe duo and they are awesome. I'm sure any 3rd party headphones are better than the clumsy looking OEM headphones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 08:16 PM
    The ones that come with AT&T are much better than the ones that come with tmobile.

01-03-10 08:20 PM
    Even the at&t ones are junk. Til I upgrade I've been using the ones that came with my curve. They're better then the stock 9700 ones.
    01-03-10 08:28 PM
    yeah i have to agree the stock earphones that come with the phone suck... lol
    i actually was lucky to get a set at beats by dr.dre in-earphones for x-mas, it has a mic with a volume control and speaker to answer calls well your listen to music... the earphones are pricey though..

the sound is very nice for music and talk quality is good, their a bit flashy in red and black... the only cons about these earphones are the $$$ and they don't fit everyones ears
    01-03-10 08:29 PM
    I like the stock ones and find they work very well and the sound quality is good. Also, I can't imagine that the AT&T ones are any different from Tmo's - they are the same Blackberry branded headphones that have shipped with devices for the past two years. And, by the way, the button on them is a mute button not a send/end button.
    01-03-10 08:33 PM
    I couldnt believe the sound coming from the stock earbuds...it was tinny and thin. I plugged my old curve ones in, and they sounded 2 times better. Still not super rich, full sound, but better than the fancier ones I got with my 9700.
    01-03-10 09:30 PM
    I have motorola s9-hd bluetooth headphone and I think they are great

01-03-10 09:38 PM
    try some Philips Turbo Bass gels. They can be found on ebay and are great for the money-only about $15. I tried four diff sets, including some $60 Sony's before I found these. I have three pair.
    01-03-10 09:39 PM
    I have motorola s9-hd bluetooth headphone and I think they are great

I have those to they can answer calls and listen to music at the same time I LOVE mines! I hate the ones that come with the BB The hurt my ears and they sound horrible. I like gels for my ears because they are smaller and the gels feel so good when I put them in.
    Last edited by Msvoluptous; 01-03-10 at 09:58 PM.
    01-03-10 09:45 PM
    I use the BlackBerry Premium Headphones, which came with the 9000, They're really quite good, a really nice mix between bass and detail. I believe CrackBerry are selling them for 24.95US

Oddly enough, Apple also make a good pair of premium headphones, they're 79.00 on Apple.com, I also have them and they're also quite good.
    01-03-10 09:46 PM
    Even the at&t ones are junk. Til I upgrade I've been using the ones that came with my curve. They're better then the stock 9700 ones.
    I have to disagree with the 8310 being better than the 9700, I use the 9700 and think they are a great quality and the different size earbuds that come with them are great as well.

I can't suggest a pair that has the answer and end switch on it because when I listen to my 9700 I turn the radio off most of the time.

I would go with the Motorola S9 HD if I were you but they don't work well for working out or doing such things as mountain biking.

01-03-10 09:55 PM
    I personally like the headset that comes with the 9700, are they the best headset out there? No! But they do the job and I have no complaints
    01-04-10 08:25 AM
    I personally like the headset that comes with the 9700, are they the best headset out there? No! But they do the job and I have no complaints
    Agree ^^^^^^^^^^
    01-04-10 09:11 AM
    The only complaint I had on the 9000 was the Earbuds it came with, they did a couple of months after.

I'm not sure if Rogers/RIM was going to replace them under warranty but I didn't bother since I'm not a fan of Earbuds. I use my Sony MDR-XB300.
    01-04-10 10:20 AM
    The ones that came with ATT are premium ones. Ones with TMo and other carriers are low end ones.
    01-04-10 10:53 AM
    The ones that came with ATT are premium ones. Ones with TMo and other carriers are low end ones.
    So there are really two different headsets, depending on the carrier? I have the premium ones (which are the in-ear headphones) - and I got my 9700 through AT&T.

I actually think these headphones work very well. It is a little easy to lose the little in-ear buds, but other than that risk, they sound great. Are the T-mobile ones the regular headsets that look like this?
    Last edited by calkenneth; 01-05-10 at 08:43 AM.
    01-04-10 01:04 PM
    I use the in ear headphones that came with my ATT 9700(the top picture in the above post). They're good enough for talking on the phone when i don't want to hold it and watch clips on Cingular Video. If im listening to music i prefer my Premium Zune earphones
    01-04-10 03:52 PM
    yeah i have to agree the stock earphones that come with the phone suck... lol
    i actually was lucky to get a set at beats by dr.dre in-earphones for x-mas, it has a mic with a volume control and speaker to answer calls well your listen to music... the earphones are pricey though..

the sound is very nice for music and talk quality is good, their a bit flashy in red and black... the only cons about these earphones are the $$$ and they don't fit everyones ears
    +1 on Beats by Dre. They are rad!!

I also have some Zagg's that I've been kicking around for awhile now. I think they're just great; major improvement off the OEMs. They have buds that will fit to your preference which is nice. Also, Zagg really stands behind their products; if your buds get shot from the wear and tear, they'll replace them for free.
    01-04-10 04:00 PM
    I felt the oem headphones that came with my 9700 (ATT) were fine as far as sound and function goes. However, after about 5 weeks, the right side went dead. I'm in the market for another pair of answering headphones if ATT won't swap mine out.

01-05-10 07:24 AM
    I love these threads. So much subjective information there's no way to make an informed choice.

I'm sure the Dre's are great, the big buck Bose's are probably pretty good, too, but if you're listening to 64K CBR MP3s, NOTHING's going to sound good

Personally, I liked the headphones that came with my 9000, so I went and got the "top" Blackberry headphones with the play/pause/fwd/rev/volume pod. Good enough for me - I've never considered my cell phones to be a replacement for an audio system. Yes, there's an "unreplaceable" battery inside, but if you're good with electronics...

I also have my old Bose QC2's but I refuse to pay another $50 for the cell phone adapter. I also have Motorola S805 bluetooth "cans" that work great as well, as long as I'm not in an area with a lot of interference. Which there's a lot of in downtown Chicago. Unfortunately the build quality on both stink - they both have cracks at the ends of the headband. Good ol' plastic...

Ultimately, I'm all about keeping the sound to myself, not the person sitting next to me...
    01-05-10 07:45 AM
    I use the Motorola HT820 Bluetooth headphones which aren't too bad. Want to get the S9 hd ones.though...

01-05-10 09:10 AM
    using my iphone earbuds (from my original iphone 2G)... sound awesome! (probably won't even unpackage my t-mo ear buds)...

pause button works flawlessly... i just sold my 3GS so haven't had the chance to try the newer iphone buds with the volume control (and if that works)...

highly recommend the iphone earphones...
    01-05-10 09:50 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD