A nice leather case came with my 8330. Has saved my BB many times. Anyone know if the 9650 comes with similar case??
    07-30-10 06:20 PM
    Yes it does.
    07-30-10 06:39 PM
    Great! Thanks.
    07-30-10 06:46 PM
    It does indeed. However, I've had my bold for approximately six weeks and the swivel portion of the holster has broken. I'm going to head to VZW tomorrow to see if they can do something for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 07:01 PM
    It does indeed. However, I've had my bold for approximately six weeks and the swivel portion of the holster has broken. I'm going to head to VZW tomorrow to see if they can do something for me.

I'm still using the case that I got with my Tour almost a year ago, holding the one that came with my Bold in reserve. (Actually a couple of them as I had to get a replacement and it was NIB ) They are pretty hardy cases, my only complaint would be that the case swivels too easily but that is really not a big deal.
    07-30-10 07:40 PM
    I use a leather side case that I bought at the Crackberry store, it's a nice case with a leather clip.

07-30-10 08:16 PM
    A nice leather case came with my 8330. Has saved my BB many times. Anyone know if the 9650 comes with similar case??
    there is a holster case that comes with the 9650, which to me was bulky and i really didn't like the un-removable belt clip. i really liked the pocket pouch that came with the 8330 and was hoping that one would come with the 9650. i decided to buy a pocket pouch and found some cheap online at amazon. you can get the ones made for the bold 9000 and it'll fit the 9650 perfectly!!

Amazon.com: OEM Blackberry Bold 9000 Leather Pocket Case Sleeve (HDW-19608-001): Electronics

hope that helps!!
    07-30-10 10:36 PM
    Here is what the holster that came with my 9650 looks like:

Magnetic closure with elastic sides. Inside is black plastic with "Blackberry" written all over it. Sleep function. The included holster case is nice, but I just found other cases that I like better.
    07-30-10 10:44 PM
    Its a nice holster but a little too bulky for me since I don't use the clip.

07-31-10 02:06 AM
    Its a nice holster but a little too bulky for me since I don't use the clip.
    I agree, I think I'll order a pouch. I used the pouch often that came with my 8330.
    07-31-10 08:15 AM
    I've been a fanboy for the Seidio clip-in holster on my 8330. Planned to order one for the 9650 (same as the 9630) but have started to kinda like the OEM leather holster. However, not wild about always having to insert and remove the phone from the top - awkward.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-31-10 08:33 AM
    I've been a fanboy for the Seidio clip-in holster on my 8330. Planned to order one for the 9650 (same as the 9630) but have started to kinda like the OEM leather holster. However, not wild about always having to insert and remove the phone from the top - awkward.[/i]
    You can purchase a horizontal version of the leather case for the Tour/Bold also if desired. I have one and like it as I don't have to swivel it when I get into the car and I think the phone removes easier than from the vertical case. Another thing I like, it is big enough to accommodate my 9650 with a Epik case installed.
    07-31-10 10:00 AM
    Have never used a holster or pouch. I just put a skin on it and carry it or put in pocket.

07-31-10 10:05 AM
    I just got the BB side leather case a week ago. Have to say, I really like it. Was using a Krussel side case before that was too big. Now I always feel the vibrate mode and the standby magnets have improved my battery life. Totally recommend it.

07-31-10 10:57 AM
    has anyone seen those holsters with the metal bb logo? ive seen them around but havent been able to find them anywhere....
    08-01-10 07:12 AM
    there is a holster case that comes with the 9650, which to me was bulky and i really didn't like the un-removable belt clip. i really liked the pocket pouch that came with the 8330 and was hoping that one would come with the 9650. i decided to buy a pocket pouch and found some cheap online at amazon. you can get the ones made for the bold 9000 and it'll fit the 9650 perfectly!!

Amazon.com: OEM Blackberry Bold 9000 Leather Pocket Case Sleeve (HDW-19608-001): Electronics

hope that helps!!
    Are the Bold/9000's dimensions slightly larger than the 9650 (also a bold but a different bold)? I've got my 9650 in an Otterbox Commuter and would not mind a leather slip case with magnet if there were enough room for the BB in Commuter.
    08-01-10 07:40 PM
    Are the Bold/9000's dimensions slightly larger than the 9650 (also a bold but a different bold)? I've got my 9650 in an Otterbox Commuter and would not mind a leather slip case with magnet if there were enough room for the BB in Commuter.
    the 9650 will fit in the 9000 case snuggly without a skin or case. it won't fit with any skin or the otterbox commuter. sorry
    08-01-10 10:56 PM
    the 9650 will fit in the 9000 case snuggly without a skin or case. it won't fit with any skin or the otterbox commuter. sorry
    Thanks for that info.
    08-01-10 11:41 PM
    has anyone seen those holsters with the metal bb logo? ive seen them around but havent been able to find them anywhere....
    CPLUSH I bought one at bestbuy for the 8330 for like 9 bucks. Black leather with the BB metal logo on the part that flips over to hold the BB in it.
    08-02-10 07:10 AM
    CPLUSH I bought one at bestbuy for the 8330 for like 9 bucks. Black leather with the BB metal logo on the part that flips over to hold the BB in it.
    Thanks!!! Ill check there...I guess the 9630 ne would work as well

08-02-10 07:46 AM
    Those are real leather - the ones that come w/ the Bold or Tour are vinyl. Leather seems to last longer and doesn't crack over time. But I'd prefer they didn't have the metal logo - they put nice scratches on your car!

08-02-10 06:16 PM
    I've been a fanboy for the Seidio clip-in holster on my 8330. Planned to order one for the 9650 (same as the 9630) but have started to kinda like the OEM leather holster. However, not wild about always having to insert and remove the phone from the top - awkward.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    I'm glad I found your post. I've been trying to figure out how to use this OEM case that came with my 9650. Inserting it with keyboard going in first feels VERY tight and I always end up taking it out. I've been trying to figure out the proper way to use this case.

So can someone confirm this. For the 9650's case (that comes with it) you insert it TOP FIRST with SCREEN FACING TOWARDS FRONT of case? Or am I mis-interpreting your post. Basically want to know correct way to insert phone and use the BB holster features. Sorry for the noobie question.

And I've done some searching about this comment also. Is THIS THE CASE you are talking about? And will it fit my 9650?

If you all would let me know it would be a big help. Trying to find a case or get this oem one working correctly.

Thanks
    08-20-10 09:01 AM
    The "sleep magnet" is located in the front of the case (away from the belt clip) and toward the bottom. So the phone goes in face out, Spacebar down. The magnet trips a sensor and places the unit into standby mode (there are settings in the options area and for profiles to determine how to react to the holstering).
    08-20-10 10:13 AM
    I took a metal screw driver and put it inside my OEM case. The inside of the outside of the case (boy thats confusing) (if its clipped on your belt) is where there is a magnet. There is no magnet reaction on the inside of the case (on belt clip side) And I messed with it for a while. When I slide phone in... after it gets about a little over half in... the screen goes off. That's when inserting the phone bottom first with monitor facing belt clip side of case)

Edit: plus, if it was screen facing out... the strong magnet of the clip latch would be right up against screen.
    08-20-10 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD