I am now the proud owner of the new Bold 9650. I am looking at the Case-Mate Gelli Case for the BlackBerry Bold 9650. Just looking for a simple case to protect my Bold while it's in my purse (separate purse pocket) or just sitting around the house. Hate to get the body marred or scratched up.

Any pros and cons on this Case-Mate Gelli would be appreciated. Thank you.
    06-22-10 08:27 PM
    there aren't even any reviews or ratings on their website. you may need to be the guinea pig
    06-22-10 08:36 PM
    BrianM23,

Ummmm......looks that way. I think I will go for it. Thanks.
    06-22-10 08:40 PM
    Does anyone have a good recommendation on a case? I don't want anything that I need to open in order to get access to my keyboard. I don't want anything covering the keyboard and I want a hard protective shell that protects the phone yet doesn't make it too bulky. I'm looking at something similar to the Platinum Case for the Blackberry Tour. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
    06-22-10 10:36 PM
    The platinum case is awesome! So awesome that I bought an extra one when I saw them on sale at Best buy for $20 (w/ holster!)..anyway, I've since acquired a 9650 and since the charging port has moved - its been quite annoying to charge my BB. Either I'm taking a drill to the platinum to scrape out space for the charging port or I need a new case altogether - I'm in the same boat as you. The stores have NO 9650 inventory too - this stinks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 10:48 PM
    My otterbox commuter is nice and thin and I throw the phone around all the time because its protected.

06-22-10 11:28 PM
    My otterbox commuter is nice and thin and I throw the phone around all the time because its protected.

BESTBUY has an otterbox for the "9600 series" for $50...1. i dont think i should trust anything that isnt specifically for the 9650 bc of the charging port and 2. I can prob get a better price online..

the stores need to pick it up and carry 9650 stuff! the phone has been out for weeks!
    06-22-10 11:42 PM
    BESTBUY has an otterbox for the "9600 series" for $50...1. i dont think i should trust anything that isnt specifically for the 9650 bc of the charging port and 2. I can prob get a better price online..

the stores need to pick it up and carry 9650 stuff! the phone has been out for weeks!
    Just got my Commuter case for my Bold 9650 and it says right on the box "9600" series. $21.79 shipped from TheCellGuru.com
    06-23-10 05:52 AM
    I have the Seidio Snap case with the Locking Innocase Holster. Perfect fit adn size without added Bulk.
    06-23-10 06:15 AM
    I purchased my Otterbox Commuter at a somewhat higher cost directly from Otterbox due to concern that I would get a relabeled 9630 case that didn't fit the charger port due to the slight shift in port location. The package (looking at it as I type) says "Commuter Series for Blackberry Bold 9650." Mine does not say "9600 series," but they may have redone the packaging to work for both.
    06-23-10 06:46 AM
    I purchased my Otterbox Commuter at a somewhat higher cost directly from Otterbox due to concern that I would get a relabeled 9630 case that didn't fit the charger port due to the slight shift in port location. The package (looking at it as I type) says "Commuter Series for Blackberry Bold 9650." Mine does not say "9600 series," but they may have redone the packaging to work for both.
    If its not too much to ask, could you show a picture of your charging port, I am interested to see how it lines up.

I may be sending mine back if it does indeed line up better.

Thanks.
    06-23-10 06:58 AM
    Heard rumor that Seidio is working on a 9650 rugged case.
    06-23-10 07:35 AM
    I am now the proud owner of the new Bold 9650. I am looking at the Case-Mate Gelli Case for the BlackBerry Bold 9650. Just looking for a simple case to protect my Bold while it's in my purse (separate purse pocket) or just sitting around the house. Hate to get the body marred or scratched up.

Any pros and cons on this Case-Mate Gelli would be appreciated. Thank you.
    I have the case mate gelli case in purple for the tour 9630. Bought it about two weeks before my Bold came out as a way of passing the time while waiting! I can say that it does the trick! I protects from scratches while in your purse, although you will need something over the screen. The case does NOT cover the screen. You are able to charge with the case ON through the usb port although the fit is not perfect because of the mm difference in the placement of the port. I have even plugged it into the car charger and it seems to charge in the car ok with the usb charger.

I'd say go for it. Much prettier than the plain ole black ones, don't get me wrong...my entire wardrobe sometimes seems like it is black but occasionally I like a pop of color... and it protects, too! Thumbs up!
    06-23-10 09:19 AM
    I have the case mate gelli case in purple for the tour 9630. Bought it about two weeks before my Bold came out as a way of passing the time while waiting! I can say that it does the trick! I protects from scratches while in your purse, although you will need something over the screen. The case does NOT cover the screen. You are able to charge with the case ON through the usb port although the fit is not perfect because of the mm difference in the placement of the port. I have even plugged it into the car charger and it seems to charge in the car ok with the usb charger.

I'd say go for it. Much prettier than the plain ole black ones, don't get me wrong...my entire wardrobe sometimes seems like it is black but occasionally I like a pop of color... and it protects, too! Thumbs up!
    Hi jaydees5799,

Thank you for the wonderful review. This new Bold 9650 sure looks beautiful and sleek looking and I love the color and feel of it. I really want to show it off......but I must protect my new baby. . I do have a privacy screen protector on.....a must have!!

I am going to do some more looking. I would like to find a clear one so I can still see the color of this phone. I was also looking at the Smartphone Experts Snap On Case for BlackBerry Bold 9650. It's here in the Crackberry store. Now that one comes in clear, smoke and green. It will be a toss up between the two of them unless I run across something else.
    06-23-10 03:13 PM
    i have the case smart geli case on my bold and it protects well. its jst like a silicone case which i prefer but has a hard shell feel to it. i was coming from my tour which had a case smart hybrid case which also protected very well. but i do not like adding much bulk to my advice and felt that the holes that covered the ports (charging and headset jack) were too flimsy. so much so that i ripped them off. the "clear"/ grey geli case looks clean and fits very very flush so much that it looks a part of the phone giving it a kind of platinum look at the same time. i would recommend it very much. and it comes wit screen protectors if u worried about that.
    06-26-10 08:20 PM
    I'll fine cool cases then I'll get back to you.
    06-27-10 03:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD