Just wondering how many Storm'rs on here are sporting BodyGlove's snap-on case for the Storm.

What're your likes... dislikes?
    And is it worth it compared to others on the market?

Body Glove | 2009
    04-01-09 08:00 PM
    I'm using it right now, the big problem with it is when dropped the case comes apart, happened three times already but it was on concrete floor But
    my phone has no marks and still works, its got great gripping texture, a little bulky and its a little tough to open when you need to do a physical battery pull, I'm keeping it though because all in all it has protected my phone on those three drops even though it came apart and it feels good in the hands without being too bulky

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 09:36 PM
    With what I have seen from the body glove shells for other model phones, I will be getting one just as soon as we sell them. Great shell... but I can wait for the discount =)
    04-01-09 11:26 PM
    I had one with my curve and it was alright.... It just adds allot more bulk to it than other cases..... It protects the phone very very very well though.... During a football games I threw my phone 20 feet into the living room wall and it put a nice size dent in the wall but didn't hurt the phone or the case at all....I used it when I was going to be outdoors fishing or something but if I was just going to work or out at night I would take it off..
    04-02-09 12:29 AM
    Been through 5 of these Body Glove cases... On number 6 now. My brother also has this case for HIS Storm. The internal backside top tabs break off when you remove storm from case; which can be very hard to get off (2 get apart 2 begin with) Doesnt matter how careful I am when separating the case.
    The internal shell is made of plastic, while the external shell of case is rubberized. (thats the best part about this case) Great @ absorbing shock from drops or bumping into something.

When the top internal tabs break, (They eventually will) the top of the case is NO longer secured; increasing the risk of your Storm coming out of the case.

We just ordered two of the Otterbox cases. FYI
    04-02-09 12:55 AM
    Thank you for all your view points on this case.
    After using BG's cases on a couple of phones, it was virtually hit/miss (an example of a miss: LG Voyager. Damn thing was bulkier than a Subway sandwich).

I was unaware about the upper tab issue. To me that would make it a deal breaker.
    04-02-09 03:08 AM
    I just got this case (had it for m curve) and I still think its the best case for the storm. Hands down it makes the storm feel so much solid in my opinion. I had the seido innocase 1 hybrid, a silicon case and the clear hard shell from verizion. The nicest thing about it imo is the texture. Sticks to a table and less likely to slide out of your hand. Amazon has it for $14 shipped... Or did at least. Anyway.. Highly recomended for those who prefer a more solid feeling protective case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 05:34 PM
    Would you mind tossin' up some HQ pics?
    04-12-09 01:48 AM
    I had the same Body Glove case for my Glyde and I loved it (case actually worked better than the device itself). As already stated, despite adding a bit of bulk (which I personally liked) it provided very good protection and, IMO, had a really great texture.

My main issue with it was that the rubberized texture started peeling off in one spot after about two months. Not that big of a deal initiallly... until it started coming off everywhere after about six months of use. Admittedly, it may just have been a bad/faulty case, but I recently read somewhere else that someone had the same experience with the BG case after 6 months of use.

Right now I'm using a Seidio Innocase Surface Extended battery case and it's more than sufficient for my needs. However, if BG has addressed the peeling issue, and if they'd offered the same for an extended life battery, I'd have no issues spending the money on another.
    Last edited by grgiwoyna; 04-12-09 at 09:55 AM.
    04-12-09 09:47 AM
    I had one on my LG Voyager a while back and I thought it was overpriced CRAP! It fell apart everytime it was bumped. The texture wore on it quickly which made it look like garbage! I wouldn't dream of defacing my Storm with one!!
    04-12-09 10:05 AM
    I had one on my LG Voyager a while back and I thought it was overpriced CRAP! It fell apart everytime it was bumped. The texture wore on it quickly which made it look like garbage! I wouldn't dream of defacing my Storm with one!!
    Actually, this is a very good point - one I'd forgotten about, simply because I'd gotten use to it. The texture on the case is definitely succeptible to wear.

On weekends I typically have my phone in my front pocket, but during the work week I keep it horizontal on my belt. On the top edge of the Body Glove case it quickly developed signs of wear as a result of my seatbelt constantly rubbing against it - and this happened pretty quickly. I had to counter this by taking the phone off my clip while driving. Not really that big of a deal, but I'm sure some would find that an annoyance.
    04-12-09 10:23 AM
    the idea of the case is nice but the one thing that makes me sketchy is that has the built in belt holster but i do not want to take the chance at the case seperating and dropping my phone. i know it might not be likely but not a chance i am willing to take if the tabs get worn down for some reason. just my thought.
    04-12-09 10:33 AM