Hi all! Looking for tips/tricks to get the Body Glove Case off of my new 8900 without causing excessive damage to the case or the phone? I know the case is removable, but have heard it can be quite challenging? Just want to remove it so I can apply my BSE screen protectors! Thanks in advance for any suggestions :-)
    06-25-09 02:45 PM
    That's one of the reasons why I invested in the OtterBox-because of how difficult the Body Glove case can be removed. Now, I got a horrendus echo issue...

Welll, what worked for me is that I used my fingernails and worked my way from the sides of the case and then wedged it out. I made the mistake of using a flat head screwdriver, and yip-nicked it. You can also try a plastic spudger tool, so I have been told (and cautioned!) that won't scratch the BB.
    06-25-09 03:56 PM
    My uncle had the body glove on and everything was all good in the begining but after a week the trackball would not work when the body glove was on.
    Everytime I took the case off of his phone the trackball started to work again. At first I thought It can't be the body glove but I did a few trials and I found out it was the body glove that made the trackball to stop working everytime it was on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 04:10 PM
    If u put a bse on good luck getting the case off in the future.

06-25-09 04:48 PM
    Thanks all for the suggestions...my BSE arrived and I'm going to try and remove the case this afternoon.

Lazerus, do you think I'll have trouble with the BSE and the body glove case if I use just the screen protector? I'm considering ditching the case and using the BSE screen protector anyway, as it worked great on my 8320 (and I tend not to drop my phones from great heights anyway :-P)
    06-29-09 10:33 AM
    I have the body glove case and love it now that I figured out how to easily remove it without killing my finger tips. With the screen facing me I use my left thumb to pull down on the upper front of the case on the corner by the mute button. Then I use my thumbs to pull the case apart right next to the headphone jack. What this does it take the tension off the snap in that area and allows it to pull apart easier in that spot. It may take some practice to figure out just how to get it but once you get it down it'll be a snap
    06-29-09 12:03 PM
    Nice!! Thanks for the suggestion Warlord...it worked really well! I agree, it's a great case now that I can get the darn thing off my phone!
    06-29-09 01:25 PM
    My uncle had the body glove on and everything was all good in the begining but after a week the trackball would not work when the body glove was on.
    Everytime I took the case off of his phone the trackball started to work again. At first I thought It can't be the body glove but I did a few trials and I found out it was the body glove that made the trackball to stop working everytime it was on.
    Yes!!! I bought a body-glove case about 2 months ago, never had any problems with it. Then, just this weekend... my trackball froze. Caused me mega headaches. Then, without warning, it started to work after an hour or so. Then it happened again (broke) and started working again. This was driving me crazy.

When I removed the Body-glove to maybe do a battery-pull, I noticed it started working. Now, everytime it stops working I need to pull the case apart.

Does anyone know WHY this happens? Is it applying pressure on the outside case anywhere? Why would it start only after 2 months?

This is the weirdest thing I've seen, and I can't imagine why it happens.

I love my body glove case (especially the swivel belt clip), and don't want to lose it, but removing it every time the trackball stops working will eventually cause wear on the clip-points or flat-out breakage. (not to mention the psychological damage)
    08-04-09 12:32 AM
    I have the body glove on my bb, I try to take it off from the top with my thumb and index finger

08-04-09 04:32 AM
    Wow! Just got the Body Glove case for my Tour yesterday, and the case is nice and all.... BUT I can NOT get the damn thing off for the life of me!!!!!!! It's like trying to get a girl's bra off in jr. high for the first time! Anyone w/ any suggestions?

BTW, I'm trying to not damage my Tour or my new case.
    01-29-10 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD