I am looking to purchase a bluetooth headset or a pair of headphones, but was looking for some advice/places to start looking first.

I am definitely looking to listen to music wirelessly as well as have a hands free conversation, and at first I wanted to look into bluetooth headphones. However, I have noticed many bad reviews on all the kinds I have checked out (through Amazon, although not on the store here), and they are also quite expensive. The most common complaint are that they break and that speak quality is bad.

A headset on the other hand would be cheaper, and while only provide music in one ear that would be acceptable if I couldn't find a good pair of headphones.

So basically, I am wondering if anyone on here uses bluetooth headphones with their phone to listen to music and talk, and if I could get any recommendations. Thanks!
    01-25-10 02:55 AM
    Not all handsets have the Bluetooth capability to stream music. For example it doesn't work on my 8900 even though my headset supports it. For music, you really should get a wired headset. You'll have many more choices including some fantastic audio quality.
    If you're dead set on Bluetooth and your handset will stream music, then Nokia has a very well regarded padded headset. I think it's BH905 but do a search.

If you just want a headset for conversations you'll also have many good choices.
    01-25-10 04:55 AM
    Looks like you have Tour which has BT 2.1 support.

I use the LG HBS250 and it works great for music and phone calls. Only downsides are that people on the other end have a hard time hearing me unless I speak loud and clear. And also the buttons to change volume/song are a little small (but you get used to it). And finally, they are a little funny looking, but who cares they work fine. Otherwise, it pairs easily and automatically, with good range, and also has decent sound quality (with a builtin equalizer).

When it comes to stereo BT, you have to make a compromise. And it's usually call/sound quality for the wireless freedom.
    01-25-10 08:46 AM
    I do really want wireless music. I have awesome wired headphones already for serious listening, this is more for biking and working out. I have a storm as my profile shows, which has bluetooth music streaming capabilities (I use it all the time in my car).

Thanks for the 2 suggestions, I will definitely check them out!
    01-26-10 04:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD