Seems that my BB 8530 has built in GPS, but it does not seem to be all that accurate.

Not as accurate as a garmin hand held gps that I use for geocaching anyway.

I did a quick search but did not find any current topics on bluetooth gps for blackberry.

Is buying a bluetooth gps a option for me? If so would it be any different then the built in GPS I have in my BB now?

edited to add: I see there is a gps board. Guess I posted this in the wrong place then, sorry.
    Last edited by appliancejunk; 03-07-10 at 03:32 PM.
    03-07-10 03:12 PM
    u can also go into options, advance options, gps inside the gps menu push the blackberry button and refesh your gps... sometime my 9700 gps isn't right on but after a refresh it works very well for a smtphone gps
    03-08-10 05:13 PM
    I think - еру separate device works more better then built-in. So buy GPS device to your BB and will have fun
    03-09-10 10:12 AM
    Ok, I was trying to use gps with google maps. When I use the blackberry maps the gps is right on the mark.

From what I have read on these forums google maps may just be using the cell towers to pin point my location. The BB maps shows how many sats. it's picking up and tracks me much better.
    03-09-10 04:01 PM
    wow that's good too know appliancejunk... but i never had problems with google maps and gps, something i have to look out for

ps did u set all the permission for google maps?
    03-09-10 04:29 PM
    wow that's good too know appliancejunk... but i never had problems with google maps and gps, something i have to look out for

ps did u set all the permission for google maps?
    I live in a very rural area so our cell towers maybe far and few compared to other areas, just a guess.
    03-09-10 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD