Noooooooo!!!!!

The charging points are painted over.

Has anyone swapped over the original charging points into the blacked housing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 08:49 PM
    I put the charge points into the black bezzel when I made with switch. It works fine in the charge pod when U do this

02-04-09 08:56 PM
    yah i switched mine to the black bezel with the charging points too, and mine works perfectly fine. im guessing you problem is because they're painted over. u should try removing the paint. im sure it'll work fine after that. or open it up and make sure u installed the charging points in correctly.
    02-04-09 09:04 PM
    did u paint them? not smart if you did.

just transfer over the contacts from the original bezel...not hard at all
    02-04-09 09:05 PM
    I bought the black bezel kit with all the pieces blacked out.

It looks great but the geniuses painted over the charging points.

How do the charging point contacts install and remove? The reason I ask is bc they seem very delicate.

02-04-09 10:08 PM
    You can pop them off quite easily with tweezers. You can pop the oem ones from your original bezel and pop them in your black bezal that's what I did

02-04-09 11:15 PM
    Also be sure you have pushed the cable all the way in on the pod. The first time I connected mine I thought the pod didn't work but I just didn't connect the cable all the way in.

02-04-09 11:17 PM
    thanks for the advice allmotorsi

that's what i ended up doing....i was concerned about the film side (sticker) i wasn't sure of its purpose and i didn't want to screw anything up

then i saw that the contact was on the flat side of the plate, and managed to delicately remove it

ALLL IS GOOOD - YEAHHHHH BLACKED BOLD!!!
    02-05-09 01:47 AM
    My black bezel didn't come with charging points. I transfered the original ones in.

I thought about painting them black but I suspected they wouldn't work. Just transfer the ones from the original bezel.

I still don't understand why they don't paint the battery door latch black!!

02-05-09 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD