I recently purchased the Otterbox Defender series case for my Tour after doing quite a bit of research into what case would be the best option for protecting my investment. Several reviews I read had several complaints about the case, including the size of it, micro USB chargers not fitting properly etc.

After receiving the case and applying it to my Blackberry, my initial reaction was positive. I couldn't understand how people could find anything to complain about. The case is extremely well made, the size of it is actually quite nice - it feels more comfortable in my hand while making calls and texting, and all three of my chargers fit into the USB slot perfectly.

While it is pretty rare for me to take the time and effort to endorse a product, after what happened yesterday I feel that I owe it to people searching for a great case to put this out there...as I wish I would have had some reassurance during my search for the case.

I was in such a hurry to leave for work yesterday that I was rushing out of the house with several things in my hand. I put everything down on top of my car to retrieve something from my briefcase, got into my car and began driving to work. Once I pulled out onto the main street just outside my neighborhood, I heard an odd clunking noise on the trunk of my car. Upon looking in the rear view mirror to see what it was, I suddenly realized that my phone, along with my travel mug were skipping happily into the shoulder of the road. My heart sank, as I'm usually not this big of a dumb ***

However, after pulling over and running to check how bad the damage to my beloved Blackberry was...I was astonished to see that (aside from a few scratches on the Otterbox) my phone was completely unharmed. There is absolutely no damage whatsoever to the phone itself.

I've made quite a few Blackberry accessory purchases over the years that I'll never make again, but I know for sure that every Blackberry I ever own will be sporting an Otterbox Defender. This case is, without a doubt, the best investment I've ever made in an effort to protect my device.
    10-01-09 10:40 AM
    Good stuff, what revision is each of the parts on your Defender?
    10-15-09 12:01 PM
    Currently Im Keeping My Bb Tour In My Tighty Whiteies. Gives It The Maximum Protection I Need Until I Get $30 For An Otterbox. Btw I Kinda Like It When I Get Bbms Or Text Messages Bc It Vibrates 5 Times Down There. If Anyone Has An Otterbox They Can Donate To Me Pm Me Id Appreciate It. I Used To Have The Phantom Skin, But It Peeled Off When I Had It In My Underwear. Anyone Have A Recommendation On How To Get The Smell Off My Device? Thanks
    10-15-09 12:02 PM
    lolerama 10char
    10-15-09 12:08 PM
    I recently purchased the Otterbox Defender series case for my Tour after doing quite a bit of research into what case would be the best option for protecting my investment. Several reviews I read had several complaints about the case, including the size of it, micro USB chargers not fitting properly etc.

After receiving the case and applying it to my Blackberry, my initial reaction was positive. I couldn't understand how people could find anything to complain about. The case is extremely well made, the size of it is actually quite nice - it feels more comfortable in my hand while making calls and texting, and all three of my chargers fit into the USB slot perfectly.

While it is pretty rare for me to take the time and effort to endorse a product, after what happened yesterday I feel that I owe it to people searching for a great case to put this out there...as I wish I would have had some reassurance during my search for the case.

I was in such a hurry to leave for work yesterday that I was rushing out of the house with several things in my hand. I put everything down on top of my car to retrieve something from my briefcase, got into my car and began driving to work. Once I pulled out onto the main street just outside my neighborhood, I heard an odd clunking noise on the trunk of my car. Upon looking in the rear view mirror to see what it was, I suddenly realized that my phone, along with my travel mug were skipping happily into the shoulder of the road. My heart sank, as I'm usually not this big of a dumb ***

However, after pulling over and running to check how bad the damage to my beloved Blackberry was...I was astonished to see that (aside from a few scratches on the Otterbox) my phone was completely unharmed. There is absolutely no damage whatsoever to the phone itself.

I've made quite a few Blackberry accessory purchases over the years that I'll never make again, but I know for sure that every Blackberry I ever own will be sporting an Otterbox Defender. This case is, without a doubt, the best investment I've ever made in an effort to protect my device.
    +1 on The Defender. I bought mine 3 days ago and I couldn't be happier. I have tried other cases and IMO this is the best one out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 12:35 PM
    I'm thinking about getting that too as I am currently not happy with my seidio innocase 360.. However I plan on using the points I earned on my credit card to get this for free.. But I'm also thinking about getting skullcandy earphones instead.. But this review gave otterbox +1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 05:21 PM

I agree with you whole heartedly! One of the best cases I have ever owned. There could be one little problem though. After I cased my brand new tour I waited about a week and then opened it to clean out dust particles. While cleaning the phone I noticed a small indentation ar the top of the phone face, right side. It was unusual. I looked at the inside of the upper portion of the case and found a tiny burr from the molding process of the case. This caused a small indentation of the top cover above the screen. I was disappointed. I contacted Otterbox and provided photo's. They were very apologetic and offered me a new case and a refund for the purchase of the original case. I thought this offer was very fair. Otterbox did not explain the reason for the plastic burr, nor did they offer to replace the plastic cover. The customer service they provided was very good and I am very please with the outcome. I guess I could replace the upper cover at some point. So just be aware before you apply the case. By the way, the plastic burr can be ground down to prevent damage.
    10-15-09 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD