11-23-09 04:32 AM
39 12
tools
    I just received mine and I must say I am very disappointed. Mostly my fault for assuming this product was something that it wasn't and ordering too quickly. Here are the details...

The outside U of the battery cover is rubberized but this is exactly the same as my original BB battery cover. The plastic inside of the U is shiny/sheen plastic instead of textured like on the original BB version. I hate this because all it does is show smudges and eventually scratches. The fit is actually more loose than my original cover even after I add the foam. Not happy at all and will try to return it.

If anyone knows a fully rubberized battery cover (including the inside of the U), please let me know.
    09-17-09 02:29 PM
    Anyone successful with cnn? i have ordered mine since sept 09 and hong kong post says it left hong kong on the 12 but my tracking number comes up unknown with canada post. Wondering if this is common or im starting to think i wont be receiving it.
    09-17-09 04:14 PM
    Anyone successful with cnn? i have ordered mine since sept 09 and hong kong post says it left hong kong on the 12 but my tracking number comes up unknown with canada post. Wondering if this is common or im starting to think i wont be receiving it.

I ordered on the 7th and received today.
    09-17-09 05:02 PM
    I ordered on the 7th and received today.
    Hows the fit ? tight or loose?
    09-17-09 06:03 PM
    Hey,

You must have ordered the incorrect one. Mine is fully rubberized. I noticed a couple of days after it was up on CNN that it was gone and now all I can find is the rubberized U part and glossy inset. Very weird. Mine is fully rubberized! The inside is a textured 'carbon fibre' rubber...
    09-18-09 12:44 PM
    Hey,

You must have ordered the incorrect one. Mine is fully rubberized. I noticed a couple of days after it was up on CNN that it was gone and now all I can find is the rubberized U part and glossy inset. Very weird. Mine is fully rubberized! The inside is a textured 'carbon fibre' rubber...
    Maybe they switch it out. I ordered from the original link in this thread and I had thought that it was fully rubberized. Now the same link shows glossy inset so I figured I had not read it correct and ordered too quickly. glad to hear yours is fully rubberized. I want it! Anyway I am going to call CNN tonight.
    09-18-09 01:36 PM
    To the folks who have used tape to solve the door issue... Doesn't that cause issues for battery pulls? just curious...
    09-19-09 10:27 AM
    To the folks who have used tape to solve the door issue... Doesn't that cause issues for battery pulls? just curious...
    I just used a very small piece of 2-way sided tape at the bottom of the battery door. It is just a little harder to take off the battery door but not hard enough for it to be bothersome. It does not move AT ALL with the tape.
    Also i just press "alt + right shift + del " instead of actually taking off battery door and taking out the battery. Its faster and easier. Note that if you actually have a problem with your phone, a real battery pull is better, but most of the time for a regular reboot, the "alt-right shift-del" will do.
    09-19-09 10:42 AM
    Just a little FYI. All newer tours come with this battery door along with the foam piece. We got 3 BB tours earlier this month during VZ's buy one get one free sale (one for me, one for my wife, and my friend got one.) and all had them.
    09-19-09 10:55 AM
    Just a little FYI. All newer tours come with this battery door along with the foam piece. We got 3 BB tours earlier this month during VZ's buy one get one free sale (one for me, one for my wife, and my friend got one.) and all had them.
    I believe only the vzw ones have the rubberized door. Unfortunately Us with Bell,Telus etc... do not have it, newer ones or not.
    09-19-09 11:08 AM
    If any of you who want the rubberized vzw style battery door, i just recieved mine from cnn and its well worth it. The fit is perfect and it looks much better than the black shiny one (IMO).
    It doesnt come with the foam piece inside but no big deal , i just made my own. It actually fits tighter than the one that came with the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 08:14 PM
    If any of you who want the rubberized vzw style battery door, i just recieved mine from cnn and its well worth it. The fit is perfect and it looks much better than the black shiny one (IMO).
    It doesnt come with the foam piece inside but no big deal , i just made my own. It actually fits tighter than the one that came with the phone.

Awesome news! Thanks for the update GG.

So did your come with the centre carbon fiber piece glossy or rubberized?

09-22-09 01:43 AM
    Awesome news! Thanks for the update GG.

So did your come with the centre carbon fiber piece glossy or rubberized?

The center piece is glossy and it looks really nice.
    The Tours should come with these doors IMO. Its much better. Also the fit is actually better then original (on my phone anyway) . Have you ordered yours yet?

09-22-09 06:02 AM
    The center piece is glossy and it looks really nice.
    The Tours should come with these doors IMO. Its much better. Also the fit is actually better then original (on my phone anyway) . Have you ordered yours yet?

I finally got my rubberized battery cover from cnn.cn a few weeks ago, and I love it!
    It fits better than my OEM which was always loose.
    Plus the feeling in hand is just way better. ( Hopefully handheld electronics move away from the trend of piano-black finishes soon!)

11-23-09 04:32 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD