Looks like Otterbox is still hard at work with their cases. Their "Communter Series" Cases are coming out soon for the Tour.

Link Below:
    BlackBerry Tour Cases // BlackBerry Tour 9600 Series Commuter Case // OtterBox.com
    Last edited by C0bra K0mmander; 09-08-09 at 07:08 PM.
    09-08-09 07:02 PM
    Right now I'm using their Impact Series case and I love it. My only complaint is that I keep turning my pocket lining inside out when I grab my phone. I gave it the drop test the other day (not on purpose). I fell asleep with the phone on my chest, and when I turned to my side, the phone went smack down on the hardwood floor, screen first. I was a little scared to pick it up, but when I did, the phone and screen were fine. This Commuter case looks like it would help me keep my pocket liner inside where it's supposed to be, so I wouldn't mind one of those.
    09-08-09 08:57 PM
    I have the Defender Case which I love but I'ma def check this one out.
    09-08-09 09:09 PM
    Now if they only release a compatible hard holster for it, like they have for the Defender, then this will give Seidio and their Innocase Surface II case and holster a run for their money.

To be quite honest, from the pictures that I see on their site, I actually like the cut and finish of this case better than Seidio's Surface II. My only concern is whether or not the use of silicone dampens the effect of the Tour's vibration motor alerts.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this one...
    09-08-09 09:24 PM
    09-14-09 08:54 AM
    Now if they only release a compatible hard holster for it, like they have for the Defender, then this will give Seidio and their Innocase Surface II case and holster a run for their money.

To be quite honest, from the pictures that I see on their site, I actually like the cut and finish of this case better than Seidio's Surface II. My only concern is whether or not the use of silicone dampens the effect of the Tour's vibration motor alerts.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this one...
    I agree,Im feeling the slimmer yet still rugged look to this,Very nice design here,BUT I personally wont buy it if there not manufacturing a face-in holster.
    09-14-09 09:20 AM
    I got the case this weekend. I like the case, I like the feel of it, but there's one big problem--the rubber around the charging port keeps pushing out my charger. I wrote to Otterbox and they said,

"At this moment we haven't had a lot of feedback on the Commuter series for the Tour. So this is the first that I am hearing of an issue with the charging port. This is something that I will have to look into and get back with you if and when I have a solution. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused."

I charge my phone every night, and the last two nights after pushing the charger in as far as it would possibly go, I woke up in the morning only to pick up the phone and have the charger fall right out. Not cool. I really like the case, so I guess the only choice I have is to get it fully charged during the day, when I'm awake, so that I can keep pushing the charger back in. If I ever decide to update my OS, I'd have to just take the case off, otherwise I'd have a bricked berry because I'd find the usb cord pushed out.
    09-14-09 05:39 PM
    I guess the only choice I have is to get it fully charged during the day, when I'm awake, so that I can keep pushing the charger back in. If I ever decide to update my OS, I'd have to just take the case off, otherwise I'd have a bricked berry because I'd find the usb cord pushed out.
    Couldn't you take the case off every night before you charge it? It doesn't look nearly as cumbersome to take off/put back on as the Defender...
    09-14-09 05:46 PM
    Couldn't you take the case off every night before you charge it? It doesn't look nearly as cumbersome to take off/put back on as the Defender...
    It takes a lot of prying, for me anyway, to get the hard shell off of the silicone case. Not something I'd want to do every night.
    09-14-09 06:24 PM
    It takes a lot of prying, for me anyway, to get the hard shell off of the silicone case. Not something I'd want to do every night.
    Oh, does it? That's good to know. I was considering this case myself, but I use the BB charging pod at night and if it's too much of a hassle, then I'll have to go with a different case. Thanks for the head's up.
    09-14-09 06:28 PM
    Oh, does it? That's good to know. I was considering this case myself, but I use the BB charging pod at night and if it's too much of a hassle, then I'll have to go with a different case. Thanks for the head's up.
    No problem. I really like the case itself so I'm hoping they can modify it eventually to make the charging port a little bigger. I'm also hoping they'll let me switch my case out with a revised one if they do. It is definitely much easier to slip in and out of a pocket than the Impact Series case. But that charging port really has to be fixed.
    09-14-09 06:32 PM
    Doesn't look like they are going to fix the charging port. That's too bad, 'cause I really like the case otherwise.

Here's what I got from their support:

----

Dear Sir or Madam,

I've recently purchased the Commuter case for my Blackberry Tour and I noticed that neither the charger's nor regular usb cable's jack fits into the opening you have in your case. The opening is too small to accommodate the jack's rubber body and prevents inserting the jack all the way in. As a result the usb jack doesn't stay in and charging/connecting to the computer is virtually impossible.

Wondering what you recommend.

----

What you can do is pull the silicone up a little bit at the charger port and the cord should go in there further unfortunately we had to make the case that way because other wise the silicone would have been to thin and would break easily.

Thank you
    Tara Moran

----

I can't pull up the silicone because it's held firmly in place by the plastic outer shell. What you should have done is made the opening bigger so that the cord fits. It seems that if I cut out the piece of silicone with exacto knife so that the opening goes all the way up to where the plastic starts, it would fix the problem. Then, however, the door won't cover the opening fully. To be honest, I can't imagine how it could get passed the QA testing.

----

We were not able to make it any bigger do to the durability of the silicone I do apologize for any inconvenience. The part you would pull up is the part you would cut off and it only needs to pulled up very slightly.

Thank you
    Tara Moran

----

Tara,

I invite you to try your suggestion yourself and let me know if it works. I don't understand how it could be done with blackberry in my hand, holding the flap down with one of my fingers and holding the usb cable in another hand.

Maybe I'm missing something, and I hope I do. Please take pictures or better yet a video of this process to educate me.

Thanks.

----

Our solution has been tested by our engineers but what i can do is send you a return lable and have you send it to me and i can test the one you have or you can try and return it to the company you purchased it through for a refund.

Thank you
    Tara Moran
    10-22-09 11:11 AM
    For anyone interested in this case - Buy.com has it on sale for about $24 shipped.
    10-27-09 10:50 AM
    I just got a Commuter case for my Tour a few days ago. I was having a problem keeping the charging cable in, so I emailed Otterbox. They're sending me a new silicon sleeve so I'll keep you guys updated!
    12-23-09 07:51 PM
    I just got a Commuter case for my Tour a few days ago. I was having a problem keeping the charging cable in, so I emailed Otterbox. They're sending me a new silicon sleeve so I'll keep you guys updated!

I got my new Commuter case. They actually sent me a full retail blister pack with everything in it. I was only expecting a new silicon sleeve. Unfortunately the silicon sleeve is exactly the same and still blocks the charging port, so I used a sharp utility knife and cut away the part of the sleeve that was in the way. Charges like a charm now!

I'm disappointed that Otterbox didn't solve my problem, but they were kind enough to send me a second Commuter case at no charge (not even shipping). This made it much easier for me to sacrifice my first case.
    01-12-10 04:42 PM
    I got my new Commuter case. They actually sent me a full retail blister pack with everything in it. I was only expecting a new silicon sleeve. Unfortunately the silicon sleeve is exactly the same and still blocks the charging port, so I used a sharp utility knife and cut away the part of the sleeve that was in the way. Charges like a charm now!

I'm disappointed that Otterbox didn't solve my problem, but they were kind enough to send me a second Commuter case at no charge (not even shipping). This made it much easier for me to sacrifice my first case.

Did you have to show them a proof of purchase?
    01-13-10 07:15 AM
    Did you have to show them a proof of purchase?
    No, I sent them an email from the site and they asked for my address and sent it to me. No questions asked. That's what I mean, the customer service was great!
    01-13-10 04:05 PM
    Did you purchase directly from Otterbox or from another source? Sounds like a deal if they just took your word for it.
    01-14-10 09:18 PM
    Did you purchase directly from Otterbox or from another source? Sounds like a deal if they just took your word for it.
    I didn't have to show a proof of purchase. I might have registered the case online. I don't remember...
    01-15-10 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD