Hi,

I ordered my new Blackberry Storm yesterday (Vodafone in Scotland) and am really looking forward to it arriving.

However, I am concerned about using it without a proper protected case. From previous experience, the bundled leather pouch that comes with new Blackberry's is pretty poor. Also, I don't reckon the Storm will bounce off the ground as well as my 8310 does!

Does anyone have heads up to to the availabilty of a protected carry case for the storm? I really don't want to start using a new phone with the risk of it being scuffed or damaged.

Great site by the way?

Warren
    09-26-08 08:16 AM
    ...Ordered your phone? I CALL BS!!
    09-26-08 08:21 AM
    ...Ordered your phone? I CALL BS!!

Well, I picked up the phone (my 8310) to my Brother who holds a senior management roll at Vodafone and ordered a Blackberry Storm.

Thanks for the welcome THICKai
    Last edited by Wazza; 09-26-08 at 08:51 AM. Reason: spelling
    09-26-08 08:46 AM
    When are you getting your Storm...

and since the phone isn't out, I doubt you'll find accessories for it, although I think a couple cases have been posted.
    09-26-08 09:03 AM
    How much did you pay for it? Or did you get a special price?
    09-26-08 09:18 AM
    Hi,

I ordered my new Blackberry Storm yesterday (Vodafone in Scotland) and am really looking forward to it arriving.

However, I am concerned about using it without a proper protected case. From previous experience, the bundled leather pouch that comes with new Blackberry's is pretty poor. Also, I don't reckon the Storm will bounce off the ground as well as my 8310 does!

Does anyone have heads up to to the availabilty of a protected carry case for the storm? I really don't want to start using a new phone with the risk of it being scuffed or damaged.

Great site by the way?

Warren
    Sweet! Do you know what day you will be getting it? It would be cool if you could post some actually screen shots or photos once you get it
    09-26-08 11:55 AM
    Hi,

Great site by the way?

Warren

You do know it's probably a pre-release work-in-progress model that will have it's PIN disabled by RIM shortly after official launch...?

My honest advise would be to wait, as tempting as will be to get one early. If it goes all wrong, you're left with a paperweight that nobody can touch.
    09-28-08 05:57 AM
    Thanks for the feedback guys,

Unfortunately I don't get very much preferential treatment. My Brother has already got a beta version Storm but rules dictate that they can't leave the premises.

Everthing regarding this phone is cloak and dagger at the moment. Any information leaks will result in instant dismissal.

I remember reading on one of the Camaro forums about an employee who had taken pictures of the the tooling production line a few months ago. His Son got hold of the pictures and posted them on the internet. The Father was sacked immediately even though he had over 20 years service with Chevrolet.

Besides, my Brother knows that I have a big mouth so he refuses to tell me anything

The phone I will be receiving will be a finalised version. If I am lucky, I will get my Storm 24 hours before they hit the stores. Saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if you guys in the States / Canada will get your phones long before I get mine.

I do know that training in the Vodafone stores commenced last week and there is a lot of excitement. The Storm is being strongly marketed as being an iPhone killer (but that his hardly groundbreaking news).

All the best,

Warren
    09-29-08 07:23 AM
    Usless thread of lies!!

"I orderd my Storm from a secret place in scotland way before launch .... but you will get yours first WAY before me... I might get mine 24hrs prior to release though..mabye"

BS!!
    Does that pretty much sum up what he is stateing??
    09-29-08 12:49 PM
    Usless thread of lies!!

"I orderd my Storm from a secret place in scotland way before launch .... but you will get yours first WAY before me... I might get mine 24hrs prior to release though..mabye"

BS!!
    Does that pretty much sum up what he is stateing??

You don't seem to be the brightest fella around Tex so I will try and keep it very very simple for you.

First of all, Vodafone is the network in Scotland. I never said I ordered the phone in Scotland. It was ordered in England! Are you with me so far?

Secondly, where are Blackberry's manufactured?

Only a complete dead head would think that the U.K. would receive the first consignment before the United States or Canada would they?

Then again Tex, you probably think Scotland is in Alaska don't you?

If you notice, this thread is about protective cases, not who is getting their phones first?

Is there not the faintest hope we can get this thread back on topic. I am sure people here want to protect their new phones?
    Last edited by Wazza; 09-29-08 at 03:55 PM.
    09-29-08 03:44 PM
    Secondly, where are Blackberry's manufactured?

Only a complete dead head would think that the U.K. would receive the first consignment before the United States would they?
    Well...look at the Bold.

Just saying.
    09-29-08 04:00 PM
    oh my goodness
    09-29-08 04:48 PM
    get your brother an alias and put him on these forums!!
    09-29-08 05:33 PM
    Do some detective work on your bro...
    09-29-08 06:26 PM
    I feel that I have played a very bad hand of cards here and now have to prove who I am. TBH, I don't like to be accused of BS.

O.K. I didn't see this coming but what the ****!

When I registered with this site, I gave out my Surname.

If one of the moderators here would kindly "google" my Surname with "mobile phones" then my family connection becomes apparent.

Without my Surname being disclosed on a public forum, one of the moderators can then post "Green Light" where I maybe can help on this forum or "Red Light" and I'm gone.

In the event of a "Green Light", I will have to change my username.

Cheers,

Warren
    09-29-08 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD