09-08-12 07:02 PM
52 123
tools
    Just ordered one from blackberry's website. If your in the US the shipping was only 5 bucks so entirely reasonable.

Also my understanding is that RIM is going to be the only one selling the device and no other retail stores are getting them so might as well buy it through the main RIM site.

Its nfc enabled and can stream any bluetooth device, whats not to love???

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    What's not to love is $25 shipping for Canadians. It down right sucks. I want one of these for the house. I'm not buying two, I don't need anything extra, just one Gateway, but not worth $75 with shipping.
    Darlaten likes this.
    06-17-12 11:22 PM
    $25 to ship to Canada?!?!?!?!

What are they thinking? Either offer reasonable shipping to Canada or let stores carry the device. And here I was thinking RIM was finally learning.
    06-20-12 01:51 PM
    $25 to ship to Canada?!?!?!?!

What are they thinking? Either offer reasonable shipping to Canada or let stores carry the device. And here I was thinking RIM was finally learning.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly; sadly, this is another great RIM product that, I suspect, is being ignored by a lot of people in Canada due to RIM's non-competitive and quite baffling shipping price.

Oh well; I ended up walking 15 minutes to a tech store by my house; bought one for the same price; and used the $25.00 I "saved" to buy some groceries.

Would have much rather supported RIM, but sadly, wasn't meant to be.
    06-21-12 02:32 PM
    I agree with you wholeheartedly; sadly, this is another great RIM product that, I suspect, is being ignored by a lot of people in Canada due to RIM's non-competitive and quite baffling shipping price.

Oh well; I ended up walking 15 minutes to a tech store by my house; bought one for the same price; and used the $25.00 I "saved" to buy some groceries.

Would have much rather supported RIM, but sadly, wasn't meant to be.
    Did you buy the BlackBerry version at a local store?
    06-21-12 11:22 PM
    Did you buy the BlackBerry version at a local store?
    Sorry, I re-read what I typed and it sounded like I bought the Blackberry version at a local store. No, I did not; I ended up buying one from a different brand - Logitech one.
    06-25-12 09:53 AM
    The distance was a bit disappointing to me, as it seems if a device is beyond 20 feet away, it gets a little sketchy (skips). Other than that, it's great. Definitely worth the $50.
    That's a pretty standard distance for bluetooth.
    06-25-12 02:41 PM
    That's a pretty standard distance for bluetooth.
    The one nice that I've come to enjoy about the BB Music Gateway, is that the sound from your games is also carried through to the speakers - something that I didn't anticipate it doing. On the Playbook, this is very cool as now you have massive sound for your games. Dead Space sounds cool!
    07-12-12 12:25 AM
    I just looked at that as well. To ship it to me in Vancouver, BC it will cost $25.36! I dont know where the heck these things are being shipped from, but it doesnt even cost that much to send 5 pounds of textbooks to England from where I am.

Oh well, hopefully these will appear in real stores some day, but I refuse to pay such exorbarant shipping prices.
    I'm in southern OH in the US and mine was shipped from Boston. Just got here today and I absolutely love it! Although free shipping is for $50 or more and it's priced @ $49.99. I still got free shipping so hopefully they will continue to offer this.
    07-14-12 03:59 PM
    I'm in southern OH in the US and mine was shipped from Boston. Just got here today and I absolutely love it! Although free shipping is for $50 or more and it's priced @ $49.99. I still got free shipping so hopefully they will continue to offer this.
    Wow, they really need to have a Canadian warehouse or contract to Shop.CrackBerry.com for Canadian orders. We are just getting hosed up here. As I said before, I would buy one if the shipping was cheaper.

VS

07-14-12 07:12 PM
    So this connects to your home stereo system correct? What jack does it have to do so? I'd love to get one but want to figure out if I can connect it to my computer speakers
    07-15-12 10:35 AM
    The new one connects to your speaker/stereo/tv/etc system with cables in 2 ways.

It came boxed with both a 3.5mm audio cable and a 3.5mm y-split to red and white RCA cable. Was impressed by the last one as the picture online didn't show it.
    07-16-12 04:33 PM
    So this connects to your home stereo system correct? What jack does it have to do so? I'd love to get one but want to figure out if I can connect it to my computer speakers

It will connect to about anything. I have mine on a cassette adapter on my car lol. Computer speakers are not a problem.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using the CB forums app.
    07-17-12 12:11 PM
    It will connect to about anything. I have mine on a cassette adapter on my car lol. Computer speakers are not a problem.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using the CB forums app.
    Thanks for the help!
    07-18-12 01:07 PM
    Wow, they really need to have a Canadian warehouse or contract to Shop.CrackBerry.com for Canadian orders. We are just getting hosed up here. As I said before, I would buy one if the shipping was cheaper.
    Just wait for a reseller, or someone selling it used on ebay, etc. Just a matter of time and the shipping will be much more reasonable.
    mbanole03 likes this.
    07-18-12 02:43 PM
    Just wait for a reseller, or someone selling it used on ebay, etc. Just a matter of time and the shipping will be much more reasonable.
    SHOP CRACKBERRY NOW HAS THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry for yelling, just excited as I just placed my order.

BlackBerry Music Gateway

For Canadians it's $49.95 CAD, add a cheap 9100 Pearl case for $2.95 and save $3.00 on shipping.
    07-19-12 08:08 AM
    Just ordered mine! Free shipping!! Thanks Kevin and all you Crackberry Freaks out there!! WOOOO HOOOOO
    07-24-12 03:27 PM
    Futureshop is now listing them too.
    07-25-12 03:11 PM
    Futureshop is now listing them too.
    Awesome! none at my local however.
    07-25-12 09:19 PM
    I realize this is probably a stupid question, but is this wifi enabled also? Id like to be able to walk around my house and not lose connection, or send it to outdoor speakers, etc.
    07-29-12 09:07 AM
    I got another question I just want to be sure of: Can I connect it to my laptop with bluethooth and play the audio through the Gateway on my surround system?
    07-31-12 10:21 AM
    I got another question I just want to be sure of: Can I connect it to my laptop with bluethooth and play the audio through the Gateway on my surround system?
    Yes you can. I've connect the following devices, MacBook, iPad, 9800, and a PlayBook.

Does anyone know why the sound quality of the iPad is superior to the PlayBook when playing through the Gateway receiver? The PlayBook is very tinny and cuts in and out badly.
    08-15-12 01:16 AM
    I just looked at that as well. To ship it to me in Vancouver, BC it will cost $25.36! I dont know where the heck these things are being shipped from, but it doesnt even cost that much to send 5 pounds of textbooks to England from where I am.

Oh well, hopefully these will appear in real stores some day, but I refuse to pay such exorbarant shipping prices.
    FutureShop in Toronto has them in stock, and if you want to buy something from their online store all you need to spend is $20 to get free shipping. Worth checking out.
    08-18-12 11:01 AM
    Quick question on how this would work for cars without aux cables?
    08-22-12 01:43 AM
    Quick question on how this would work for cars without aux cables?
    Tape deck adapter or FM Modulator might work. More wires, though, unless you get bluetooth variants, at which point, you don't need this accessory.
    08-22-12 06:22 AM
    Yes you can. I've connect the following devices, MacBook, iPad, 9800, and a PlayBook.

Does anyone know why the sound quality of the iPad is superior to the PlayBook when playing through the Gateway receiver? The PlayBook is very tinny and cuts in and out badly.
    I don't own an iPad so not sure about that. However with the PlayBook the Bluetooth antenna is in the bottom left corner to the left of the BlackBerry label. I've found covering it with a hand will cause it to cut out often.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 08-22-12 at 08:42 AM.
    08-22-12 08:40 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD