Hey folks! Ok, so I am having issues with my case for my BB Curve 8330. I got the BlackBerry Leather Holster with Swivel Belt Clip for Curve 8330, but I have gone through 2 of them so far because the belt clip breaks off with just a little bit of pressure against it when it is clipped firmly to your belt.

Other than the clip issue, I LOVE the case... the magnetic closure top, the leather, the sleeper mode... those are all features that I like and would really like to keep. So, my solution is to find a leather case with a clip that isn't so wussy. I browsed the Crackberry.com selection, and found the Smartphone Experts SidePouch for BlackBerry Curve 8330. It seems like the clip on this one might work better because it is metal wrapped in leather, and it is stitched into the actual case rather than just held on with a few plastic pieces.

So my question is this: does anyone have the 2nd case I referenced? The Smartphone Experts SidePouch? If so, are you happy with the belt clip??

Thanks so much!
    09-06-08 12:12 AM
    I have the same case as you. I love the same case as you. Super Glue is the ONLY things that keeps up together

(I have used side pouches in the past and find them to be cumbersome imo)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 12:26 AM
    Super Glue is the ONLY things that keeps up together
    Does the superglue still allow the clip to rotate so that you can wear it either up & down or as a side-pouch type? I thought of doing superglue, but thought it wouldn't allow the clip to rotate...

thanks for your input!!
    09-06-08 09:57 AM
    Well , I work in a manufacturing plant and we process a lot of plexiglass , plastics , and petg's and I felt confident that I was going to be able to restructure the clip and still be able to "swivel" but after several failed attempts i ended up permanently bonding the broad surfaces of the clips ,stationary and swivel counter part, with solvent epoxies............so NO it will no longer swivel

I wished terribly to maintain the swivel ability but no dice, these clips are so poorly designed theres just no fixing them. So I was weighing my options this last time it broke , I can run down to the Alltel store and pick up another one for about $28 after taxes to still be able to swivel OR for $0 I can bond the clip permanently sacrificing the swivel ability and saving $$ on an otherwise mint condition case ( these cases are spectacular minus the cheap clips ).

Another thing to consider is what is the extent of damage that will be caused to your BlackBerry next time that cheap clip fails and your BlackBerry go's for a tumble? Lucky for me every time the clip broke. It was a result of me either sitting down , resulting in no fall , or catching the case on something as I walk and luckily both times I had the BlackBerry in my hand typing rather than in its case to experience the dreadful tumble. So I have been lucky. If the clip were to break resulting in damage to the device I would be furious

09-06-08 12:15 PM
    Lucky for me every time the clip broke. It was a result of me either sitting down , resulting in no fall , or catching the case on something as I walk and luckily both times I had the BlackBerry in my hand typing rather than in its case to experience the dreadful tumble. So I have been lucky.

Maybe you need to use your phone when stationary - it seems the walking and typing may be the culprit.

I just got the case you are describing today - I'll try to be more careful because I have been anxious to use it. (Oh, and I got it on eBay for about $12).
    09-06-08 05:51 PM
    Stationary.......... I'll have to give that a try

That's my biggest complaint , I paid less than $8 for mine on Amazon , they can be found for minimal cost. So then do I order 3 more from amazon for less than the price of one at the local Alltel store and have extras on hand for the next time it breaks or do I just shell out the $28 at the local Alltel store who claim to offer lifetime replacements should the clip break again?

Anyways like I said my biggest concern is damaging the BlackBerry. So as stated by Megan , I wouldn't mind hearing somebodys thoughts on the Smartphone Experts SidePouch.

09-06-08 06:56 PM
    I work for Best Buy Mobile and i just got one of the leather swivel cases. ive never had any trouble with it, but i get guys in my store all the time telling me the exact same thing as Megandy. Even though i got it for like 6 bucks it would be nice for it to work.
    09-06-08 09:17 PM
    I have the horizontal leather case with sleeper magnet with a fixed metal clip wrapped in leather. My is a Fortte brand it is kind of costly but it has definitely been worth it so far. I believe it is fortte.com
    09-06-08 09:27 PM
    Yup , Fortte brand cases are pretty nice but you'll have a hard time finding them at discount. Any GOOD case is an investment though..........

Blackberry Cases. These stylish and functional leather Blackberry cases are specially designed to custom fit your specific Blackberry model.

09-06-08 09:48 PM
    I was just visiting Fortte to check out the selection and ran into a sale! Through September 15, you can save 30% (enter laborday8 as your coupon code). Sweet!

I picked up a colorful Bold case with a fixed clip. It should arrive about the same time the Bold gets released - excellent timing.
    09-07-08 08:06 AM
    Hey folks! Ok, so I am having issues with my case for my BB Curve 8330. I got the BlackBerry Leather Holster with Swivel Belt Clip for Curve 8330, but I have gone through 2 of them so far because the belt clip breaks off with just a little bit of pressure against it when it is clipped firmly to your belt.

Other than the clip issue, I LOVE the case... the magnetic closure top, the leather, the sleeper mode... those are all features that I like and would really like to keep. So, my solution is to find a leather case with a clip that isn't so wussy. I browsed the Crackberry.com selection, and found the Smartphone Experts SidePouch for BlackBerry Curve 8330. It seems like the clip on this one might work better because it is metal wrapped in leather, and it is stitched into the actual case rather than just held on with a few plastic pieces.

So my question is this: does anyone have the 2nd case I referenced? The Smartphone Experts SidePouch? If so, are you happy with the belt clip??

Thanks so much!
    I have the 2nd case you are referencing. I bought it as soon as I got my phone. I didn't want a swivel clip. This case is sturdy and I have yet to have it fall from my waist. It has the magnetic flap and the sleeper mode. The belt clip,although stationary, is very sturdy.

09-07-08 08:10 AM
    OtterBox. Holds up like a tank....
    09-07-08 08:26 AM
    Yeap, I broke two of these in a day! Luckily getting into or out of a car, so no fall for the berry. It would be so easy to engineer a proper case, I'm shocked they are designed so poorly.

Patrick

09-07-08 08:55 AM
    OtterBox. Holds up like a tank....
    I can't decide if that's the box my cat goes to the bathroom in or those popcicles my kids eat on a hot summer day????

09-07-08 10:31 AM
    Awesome input everyone! I will check oiut the Fortte when I get home today, otherwise I will most likely go with the horizontal pouch with fixed clip. I tried repairing the clip with liquid nails with absolutely no success! I wonder if the cell phone kiosk I bought it from will take a return (not likely!!)

09-08-08 07:27 AM
    I have 5 cases that I've bought from Fortte. I love the construction of them all. Yes, they're a bit pricey, but I dont mind that because their cases have been phemonimal and the color choices are right up my alley. I dont like dull drap dark colors.

Just know that if you do decide to get a customized case from them, you cant return it. w/O customization you can.
    09-08-08 07:36 AM
    I can't decide if that's the box my cat goes to the bathroom in or those popcicles my kids eat on a hot summer day????

I say it all the time. The Otterbox is the ugliest case I've ever seen. Not everyone likes that ruggid manly look.
    09-08-08 07:37 AM
    I blew through two of those cases in a week.
    I now have the Seidio Innocase case/bely clip combo...LOVE IT!I have had it for over 60 days with no issues.

Seidio Case
    09-08-08 07:40 AM
    I now have the Seidio Innocase case/bely clip combo...LOVE IT!I have had it for over 60 days with no issues.

Seidio Case
    The Seidio case you linked to produces a page that cannot be found. Here you go.
    Seidio Innocase
    09-08-08 07:43 AM
    I had the same problem w/ the swivel breaking off. But I always keep my holster mounted sideways anyway, so I super glued it in that position and it works perfectly.

Great idea if you don't need the swivel
    09-08-08 08:03 AM

Seidio Case
    Does anyone know if the Seidio leather case has a magnetic auto-off feature?
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...de=CSL3MTQ%2DH

Also, does anyone use the Seidio Innocase with the leather horizontal case, and if so, does it really fit well or do you have to jam it into the case to get it to fit??
    09-09-08 09:24 AM
    Does anyone know if the Seidio leather case has a magnetic auto-off feature?
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...de=CSL3MTQ%2DH

Also, does anyone use the Seidio Innocase with the leather horizontal case, and if so, does it really fit well or do you have to jam it into the case to get it to fit??
    I can't speak to that case in particular, but I have a case I picked up at Sam's club with a magnetic top flip that also works well for the Curve and does put my phone in standby. And, it was only about $9 Just FYI...
    09-09-08 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD