Anyone have a review or experience with this headset? I'm in need of a good bluetooth option for the car any suggestions?

BlackBerry HS 655+ Headset
    06-05-08 01:27 AM
    I'm currently using a Plantronics 665. The BB version is just a rebranded Plantronics. I chose the 665 over the 655 because of the included car charger that came with the 665. I also liked the flashing lights of the 665 pocket instead of the vibrate function of the 655 pocket - more helpful to me in the car. I am upgrading to a Jawbone 2 though so if you're looking for a 665 shoot me a PM and I'll sell it to you at a fair price. LMK!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-08 03:11 AM
    Thanks bud but, I think I'm going to go with the BlueAnt Supertooth 3 car kit. Only time I use BT is in the car. Although the 33ft range on the 655 might be a nice feature for around the house as the cell is my only phone.
    06-05-08 12:07 PM
    BlueAnt stuff is pretty good. I had a Z9 for a while that worked great. Good luck with the car kit!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-05-08 02:14 PM
    I have a Jawbone (somewhere in my house) that is great, but I am moving back to a Motorola headset, the MotoPure H12 combined with my Pioneer head unit in my vehicle that has built in BT for not only phone but also A2DP pairing as well.
    06-06-08 09:11 PM
    Thanks bud but, I think I'm going to go with the BlueAnt Supertooth 3 car kit. Only time I use BT is in the car. Although the 33ft range on the 655 might be a nice feature for around the house as the cell is my only phone.
    let me know how this works for ya. I am interested in this too.
    06-06-08 10:57 PM
    ER when you get it, definitely post what you think of it. Currently I am trying out the Parrot MiniKit and Motorola T305. So far I've been using both of them for a week- out of the 2, the Parrot has gotten favorable comments from the people I talk with on the phone. They say that they cant tell that I'm on a BT speaker. So far I've been able to hold a conversation with the windows down at 65 mph with no problem.

The Moto, I've gotten complaints of sounding tinny and callers hearing their voice echo- turned up too high, callers hear an echo of their own voice- too low and you cant hear at all. It's perfect for indoor use since its quieter in the house.

I want to try the BlueAnt Supertooth 3, but only if I can get it locally in store and not online.
    06-06-08 11:16 PM
    Just my luck I bid on and won the 655+ so I'll have a review on both. The BA ST 3 should be arriving any day now.
    06-06-08 11:23 PM
    Just my luck I bid on and won the 655+ so I'll have a review on both. The BA ST 3 should be arriving any day now.
    I look forward to read what you think of the BAST3. (that almost spells B4st4rd).
    06-06-08 11:41 PM
    Hope you didn't pay more than $59 for that 655+!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-07-08 02:43 AM
    Hope you didn't pay more than $59 for that 655+!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    Nope actually got it for $30.00, that's why I thought for sure I'd get outbid. Not a big deal I'll try it out and either sell it or keep it for around the house. Though I have been hearing about BT strength issues with BB. So, we'll see.
    06-07-08 11:41 AM
    Wow that's a great price! My 665 was working alright with my berry but I just wanted to upgrade to the Jawbone 2 for the Noise Assassin.

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-07-08 02:28 PM
    Also got my BlueAnt Supertooth 3 for $33.
    06-07-08 03:45 PM
    $33? That's great. I hope it arrives soon so U can start posting Ur results. I have 3 more week to play w/ the 2 I just bought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 05:35 PM
    I've never been a big fan of BT, even the set-up in my BMW wasn't that great. Everyone complained about the background noise and such. We'll see how the new generation works out.

Believe it or not last night while I was out I ran into Delta Burke and Leslie Jordan, got my pic taken with'em. But the big introduction of the night was a head honcho from BlueAnt. We might have some deals in the works. Marine29 knows what I'm talking about.

Hold on to your money kids, that's all I'm saying!
    06-07-08 07:46 PM
    Blueant makes pretty nice products. Try the Aliph Jawbone or Blueant Z9 for noise cancellation headsets. I prefer use of Bluetooth car kit while driving; Supertooth 3 is a must to consider. I own one and it's the best one I've ever used.

Only $84.99 at n1wireless.com for the Supertooth 3
    06-18-08 09:14 PM
    I'm having problems with the range of my BB HS-655+. I can't even put it in my pocket without it getting all scratchy and distorted. Is anyone else having these problems or know a solution?
    10-07-09 08:41 PM
    I've never been a big fan of BT, even the set-up in my BMW wasn't that great. Everyone complained about the background noise and such.
    I agree. I've paired quite a few BlackBerrys with friend's BMWs but I don't use it in my own because it just isn't comfortable. You always feel like you need to yell and there is always a lot of background noice and if you have a convertible, forget using it with the top down.

I love my Motorola H700. Excellent sound quality. It's comfortable. You hardly feel it on your ear. Most of the time you even forget you are wearing it. It works like a charm. I love using it in the car. I even worked up a plug in so I can carry it around on my neck when I'm working so it's accessible when I don't want to wear it all the time.

Motorola H700. I'd give it an A+.
    10-07-09 09:02 PM
    I'm having problems with the range of my BB HS-655+. I can't even put it in my pocket without it getting all scratchy and distorted. Is anyone else having these problems or know a solution?
    Yes.. I have the same 655+ with same issues.

If I use Holster & use the ear of other side (i.e RHS Holster & LHE Ear, the sound is distorted & noisy)

ANyway to fix this??

ALso I am using BBHP 655+ Bluetooth with Storm2. I have all profiles enabled on Storm2.
    Still I am not able to hear any music on Btooth.
    Can u guide me with steps to activate the same for music etc?
    Thanks in adv

I am using OS 5.0.743
    07-04-10 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD