View Poll Results: Which way to you place your BB in your holster?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Facing Inwards

27 60.00%
  • Facing Outwards

18 40.00%
09-06-09 09:47 PM
26 12
tools
    Hey Guys. Just wanted to know if you keep your phone face outwards or inwards inside your holster (the holster that came with the tour). Does it matter which way you place it inside your phone to avoid any potential problems? I know some people leave it inwards to avoid any pressure on the screen plus the convenience of not flipping it for right handed users.
    09-05-09 08:54 PM
    I believe most people wear it facing inwards as it protects the screen and avoids flipping it as you say wether you are left OR right handed as logically left handers wear it on the left and right handed on the right. Im not much of a holster guy as i'd rather pocket my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 09:11 PM
    Before I read this thread, I usually had it facing outwards. lol

But really, it doesn't matter to me as long as it is protected. I'll be getting the InnoCase II from Seidio as well as their InnoCase II holster AND their Naked Holster as well.

I wear the holster because I am a professional and it is more professional than just plopping the phone loose inside a random pocket.
    09-06-09 04:09 PM
    I wear mine inwards that way I can view the screen without fumbling the phone around.

09-06-09 04:47 PM
    How about an option for "Neither. Holsters are lame"
    09-06-09 04:54 PM
    Then obviously, looking like a professional, isnt one of my concerns, i dont feel the need to project a certain image to anyone .I pocket my phone because i prefer it that way. But thats just me.

09-06-09 04:57 PM
    how about you don't answer if the thread doesn't apply to you?
    09-06-09 05:00 PM
    I'm a carpenter and business owner and I face it inward and then I put it inside my pocket with the clip out, like a pocket knife. Total protection.

That looking professional comment was pretty stupid. I would like to think if someone does everything else in a professional manor, dropping his/her phone in a "random" pocket would still suffice.
    09-06-09 05:10 PM

Ooooo be honest with your self. U love em

I carry mine in when i use a holster, but I mostly use an otterbox on all my berries. Gotta have protection in the service.
    09-06-09 06:09 PM
    most normal people carry there phone screen facing inward. Thats how the holster was designed to have the face facing inward.

for people that for whatever reason carry there phone facing out, it only takes a little bump on the screen to crack it
    09-06-09 06:39 PM
    most normal people carry there phone screen facing inward. Thats how the holster was designed to have the face facing inward.

for people that for whatever reason carry there phone facing out, it only takes a little bump on the screen to crack it
    actually, it was designed for both ways....(notice the extra space for the trackball on both sides.
    09-06-09 07:18 PM
    Then obviously, looking like a professional, isnt one of my concerns, i dont feel the need to project a certain image to anyone .I pocket my phone because i prefer it that way. But thats just me.

My previous comment wasn't directed at you looking like a bum. :-P

That looking professional comment was pretty stupid. I would like to think if someone does everything else in a professional manor, dropping his/her phone in a "random" pocket would still suffice.
    Absolutely not. My way is the right way. :-P

...I really hope you all could tell I was just being sarcastic with that whole professional remark. I really don't care how people decide to "wear" their phones. They could use a case, a holster, naked, superglue it to their forehead or carry it around on their belt inside a used condom.

Do what you want, look how you want, and more power to you.
    Last edited by vdelvec; 09-06-09 at 07:36 PM.
    09-06-09 07:30 PM
    doesnt the tours leather holster have an indent where the trackball is supposed to slide down through (meaning the phone SHOULD face inward)? i have a hard time believing it wouldnt because lots of blackberry leather cases are that way....
    09-06-09 07:36 PM
    Lemme guess....it's in your pocket on vibrate? Just teasing Sultan, it was just too easy to pass up lol.

I thought about drilling a 1/4" hole in the bottom left corner and connecting it to a gold chain around my neck. I've seen "bling" cost less than one of these suckers LOL.
    Last edited by gmkahuna; 09-06-09 at 07:43 PM.
    09-06-09 07:39 PM
    facing outwards...
    09-06-09 07:42 PM
    doesnt the tours leather holster have an indent where the trackball is supposed to slide down through (meaning the phone SHOULD face inward)? .
    actually..if you look properly, you will see the indents on both sides
    09-06-09 07:48 PM
    Actually the case sold with the Tour has a Trackball groove on the front and back inside liner.
    09-06-09 07:51 PM
    thats actually kinda neat...
    09-06-09 07:52 PM
    inward is the only way for me. i think i picked the habit from having touch screen phones. i believe the screen of the phone is better protected (inward).

Happy labor day all..!!!
    09-06-09 08:14 PM
    My previous comment wasn't directed at you looking like a bum. :-P

Absolutely not. My way is the right way. :-P

...I really hope you all could tell I was just being sarcastic with that whole professional remark. I really don't care how people decide to "wear" their phones. They could use a case, a holster, naked, superglue it to their forehead or carry it around on their belt inside a used condom.

Do what you want, look how you want, and more power to you.

No worries vdelvec, i never felt offended anyway,
    Besides, i love looking like a bum ;-)

Last edited by GG1; 09-06-09 at 09:55 PM.
    09-06-09 08:23 PM
    i think my case holds the tour better facing out - slope of the phone seems to jive with the nature of the case better that way
    09-06-09 08:24 PM
    Before this thread: outward . . now: inward . .
    09-06-09 09:19 PM
    Definitely inward. I had a similar case when I had the LG Voyager. The first day I had it, the magnet "snapped" closed and cracked the screen. Never again!!
    09-06-09 09:30 PM
    actually, it was designed for both ways....(notice the extra space for the trackball on both sides.
    Thanks for saying something I thought the trackball spacing was just on the outer side making you have to have the screen face outwards which is how I had it facing. I looked again and sure enough it's on both sides. Now I'm putting it inwards I wear it on my left so having the headphone jack to the front will be much more convenient.
    09-06-09 09:30 PM
    Definitely inward. I had a similar case when I had the LG Voyager. The first day I had it, the magnet "snapped" closed and cracked the screen. Never again!!
    Wow! That's something I never thought about. Since I put mine in the holster facing outwards I think I will turn it around to face the other way to protect the screen!

09-06-09 09:47 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD