The Tour and sometimes other models have alert problems IN holster. Is there any reason not to try a non-BB holster that won't put it into standby, so essentially, putting it in the holster would be like putting it in your pocket? I guess I'm asking, any real advantage to the OEM BB holsters that do use standby?
    05-26-10 08:50 AM
    The Tour and sometimes other models have alert problems IN holster. Is there any reason not to try a non-BB holster that won't put it into standby, so essentially, putting it in the holster would be like putting it in your pocket? I guess I'm asking, any real advantage to the OEM BB holsters that do use standby?
    It saves battery life for one.
    05-26-10 01:54 PM
    If it never goes into standby, you will probably get a dead battery.
    05-26-10 01:55 PM
    Mmmm, holsters. Always reminds me of my Dad. Do people other than construction workers still use them? I never see holsters anymore.
    05-28-10 04:19 PM
    Mmmm, holsters. Always reminds me of my Dad. Do people other than construction workers still use them? I never see holsters anymore.
    What do you use instead of a holster, and how is your battery life that way?
    06-01-10 08:23 PM
    What do you use instead of a holster, and how is your battery life that way?
    These pocket pouches work well.
    06-01-10 08:57 PM
    I usually use a holster, but when I don't, it's easy to put the BB into standby mode manually. Battery life is greatly improved.
    06-01-10 09:35 PM
    Try a hyberpad - much more elegant than a holster.
    06-28-10 01:54 PM
    On my previous previous device (two BB's ago), I removed the magnet on my Otterbox holster.

I noticed no decrease in battery life. My display was set to turn off after 30 seconds anyways.

Since while the BB is sleeping when holstered, yet still receives email, sms, BBM's, phone calls, etc... is there really a point to the sleeper magnet? Note I am not talking about true standby, which is something else (and the sleeper magnet does not put the BB into Standby).
    06-28-10 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD