Only the pause/play button works. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ls1norcal; 12-20-09 at 02:23 PM.
    12-20-09 02:15 PM
    Nope, return it for a new pair.

12-20-09 03:52 PM
    Nope, return it for a new pair.

Wrong sir.

The Storm2, Storm with OS 5, and from what a lot of others have said nearly if not all BlackBerry's running OS 5 do not work correctly with the headset. Play/Pause is the only button that works. Forwars/Back/Volume do not. OS 5 did somthing in that regard.

I've contacted RIM about it. Their answer and I quote "The BlackBerry Multi-media Headset is NOT made by RIM. It carries the BlackBerry logo, that is all, please contact your Carriers customer support as we do not support the device". Got that in an email from RIM after I sent them an email about it.

I still use my set as the mic/play/pause work and the sound quality is rather decent. Still very useful, though I do wish the volume and skip/back buttons worked. I'm hoping a later OS 5 built will restore the functions lost.
    12-20-09 04:26 PM
    Wrong sir.

The Storm2, Storm with OS 5, and from what a lot of others have said nearly if not all BlackBerry's running OS 5 do not work correctly with the headset. Play/Pause is the only button that works. Forwars/Back/Volume do not. OS 5 did somthing in that regard.

I've contacted RIM about it. Their answer and I quote "The BlackBerry Multi-media Headset is NOT made by RIM. It carries the BlackBerry logo, that is all, please contact your Carriers customer support as we do not support the device". Got that in an email from RIM after I sent them an email about it.

I still use my set as the mic/play/pause work and the sound quality is rather decent. Still very useful, though I do wish the volume and skip/back buttons worked. I'm hoping a later OS 5 built will restore the functions lost.
    Its sold on RIM's website and lists the 9550 as a compatible phone. That's ridiculous.
    12-20-09 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD