Ordered a BlackBerry Charging Pod for BlackBerry 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330 and for some reason thought it would fit the Tour, but seems the connector is just slightly different with the Tour.

Saw on here there is the BlackBerry Charging Pod for Tour 9630 and the BlackBerry Leather Desktop Stand for Tour 9630.

Any suggestions on one over the other?
    09-05-09 06:53 AM
    The Dekstop stand is just that, a dekstop stand, it does not charge your phone, you would hav eto have hte cable plugged in to the USB like normal
    09-05-09 07:11 AM
    Correct, just figure in the long run it is a heck of alot easier using that than plugging and unplugging the cable. Just drop it in the cradle (with the charger cable connected) and let it charge.

Any suggestions on the one charger over the other?
    09-05-09 07:14 AM
    Has anyone else ordered one of these chargers? It seems the way they work is the power cord plugs into the back of the base charger, then you drop the Tour into the cradle and it charges from the two charging nodes on the back of the device?
    09-06-09 03:55 PM
    yes, charge only. no syncing
    09-06-09 04:03 PM
    "The Leather Desktop Stand features two open slots - one fits your BlackBerry Tour 9630 and one fits your charger."

You will still need the charger for the leather stand, unless you want to plug the USB in. The leather stand is just a cosmetic piece for your charger (the first one you listed). I have the charger and love that I am able to just drop the phone in. I have it set up so it goes into Bedside Mode once i put it into the charger.

I would suggest reading the description of the item completely.
    Last edited by evaldez18; 09-06-09 at 04:08 PM.
    09-06-09 04:04 PM
    Thanks, I realized no syncing, but previous comment indicated its only a stand which I thought was not the case as it serves as a charger too.

yes, charge only. no syncing
    09-06-09 04:08 PM
    Good to hear; what's Bedside Mode?

"The Leather Desktop Stand features two open slots - one fits your BlackBerry Tour 9630 and one fits your charger."

You will still need the charger for the leather stand, unless you want to plug the USB in. The leather stand is just a cosmetic piece for your charger (the first one you listed). I have the charger and love that I am able to just drop the phone in. I have it set up so it goes into Bedside Mode once i put it into the charger.

I would suggest reading the description of the item completely.
    09-06-09 04:10 PM
    The charger I've always thought looked cool, the leather stand on the other hand doesn't even LOOK cool, much less it's functionality.

Tourboy. Do a search for "bedside mode"
    09-06-09 04:29 PM
    Definitely Agree

The charger I've always thought looked cool
    09-07-09 02:28 PM
    BTW - Just picked up my chargind stand for a whooping 5 bucks!!!

Big Red must have a glitch. Here is the link:

Enter your location
    09-09-09 11:14 AM
    That seems to be for the Curve; I made the mistake of order $5 ones off Amazon which were for the 8000 series and would not fit the Tour

BTW - Just picked up my chargind stand for a whooping 5 bucks!!!

Big Red must have a glitch. Here is the link:

Enter your location
    09-09-09 01:41 PM
    I bought the charging pod for $10 less on Amazon rather than the CB store.
    09-09-09 01:56 PM
    I just bought the charging pod and will be getting it in a few days. Can't wait to stop fumbling around with that tiny USB cable. Don't know how many times I've tried to put the damn thing in upside down. True pain.
    09-09-09 03:13 PM
    Got mine on order and cannot wait!

I just bought the charging pod and will be getting it in a few days. Can't wait to stop fumbling around with that tiny USB cable. Don't know how many times I've tried to put the damn thing in upside down. True pain.
    09-10-09 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD