Hi,
    A few months ago I purchased an Otterbox Defender for my Bold 9700. After a few days I noticed the plastic parts case became very loose and creaky and that there was a constant gathering of dust under the screen protector which required me to take the case apart to clean. The more I took it apart to clean the worse the creak became. I called otterbox and they sent me a new case. Is there any way I can prevent dust from gathering under the screen protector that doesn't involve removing the stock screen protector and applying a separate one? And is there anyway to avoid this creak or is it unavoidable? The slight creak I can deal with but the dust and dirt on the screen drives me nuts. I have purchased a commuter case in the mean time but quite often my job requires me to get involved in fights and Id rather not have to replace my phone because of this which is why I'm so intent on using the defender.
    Thanks
    02-02-11 12:39 AM
    i believe otterbox knows about this and plan to fix it in the "next" version, whenever that comes?
    02-03-11 01:10 AM
    well my plastic case part is really tight and no creaks, actually a pain to get apart, don't get to much dust between the two and I work in a high dust job. The issue I have it is the holster is poorly designed and I always felt like my phone was going to fall out and it had a few times. Then putting it away I heard a click and that was the end of the holster.
    I emailed them and they will send me a new one but they are back ordered so I am thinking I was not the first to break it. Not quite as good design as the previous one on my tour.
    02-15-11 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD