02-23-09 11:59 AM
33 12
tools
    Thanks for the clarification. Maybe you can answer one more question. I know that some types of batteries can't be overcharged or they go bad eventually but i don't remember the type. If I use this next to the bed and the phone charges all night, will that be ok? I'm assuming it doesn't shut off when the phone is charged.
    My understanding of this is that you can't overcharge the battery, and this type of battery doesn't have a "memory". Most rechargeable devices use Lithium Polymer batteries.

I recharge my phone every night, I've done this with every phone I've had for the last 10 years and I've never had any problems with my battery. I keep one of the cradles next to the bed and I put it in when I go to sleep and take it out when I get ready in the morning.

I don't think you'll have any problems charging it every night.

Dave
    02-12-09 11:30 AM
    Thanks so much for the info! Sorry, one MORE question. Does having a BSE on the phone affect using this charger at all? I've only had my phone a few weeks so I'm still treating it like a newborn baby.

My understanding of this is that you can't overcharge the battery, and this type of battery doesn't have a "memory". Most rechargeable devices use Lithium Polymer batteries.

I recharge my phone every night, I've done this with every phone I've had for the last 10 years and I've never had any problems with my battery. I keep one of the cradles next to the bed and I put it in when I go to sleep and take it out when I get ready in the morning.

I don't think you'll have any problems charging it every night.

Dave
    02-12-09 11:41 AM
    Thanks so much for the info! Sorry, one MORE question. Does having a BSE on the phone affect using this charger at all? I've only had my phone a few weeks so I'm still treating it like a newborn baby.
    IS the BSE = blackberry enterprise server? No it wouldn't have any effect, why would it? It's only a charger, shouldn't effect any of the phone operations. Sorry if I got what BSE is wrong. Let me know.
    02-12-09 11:45 AM
    or is BSE "best screensaver ever"? I have an invisible shield on mine, it's too thin to interfere. As long as the contacts aren't covered.

Dave
    02-12-09 11:47 AM
    Yes, it's best skins ever like the invisible shield. No, the contacts aren't covered. Thank you so much for the help.

or is BSE "best screensaver ever"? I have an invisible shield on mine, it's too thin to interfere. As long as the contacts aren't covered.

Dave
    02-12-09 11:53 AM
    Just bought one for my Bold and one for my girlfriend's Storm.

Great product! Although I found it cheaper to buy from somewhere other than CB...
    02-12-09 12:17 PM
    I got mine from an Amazon seller for $11.75 shipped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 09:28 PM
    I just received my charging pod this morning. It came with a little piece of paper basically saying not to use it with the USB cord connected to the comptuer. Will this cause a problem? It looks slick and professional on my desk...almost too good to be used as a bedside only stand. I really don't want to bring my home charger to/from work everyday if the USB cord does the same thing.
    02-23-09 11:59 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD